Elephant mod - oily gloop on my drive, normal?

pulse

This morning I noticed some thick oil blob on my drive, like a jelly consistency almost. Just looked now when the Mrs got back from work and it's coming from my ccv hose. Is this normal???

I thought it was just oily vapour coming from the hose, amounting to a very small amount of oil over time. Can't remember how long I've had this on now, well over 6 months though, but this can't be right surely? I've an egr delete too so I might just put the old hose back on and route it back to the inlet. Never seen any oil there before now though.

Any thoughts?

20140422_172517_zpsxvzkz1co.jpg

20140422_172530_zpsqzvac8dq.jpg

Not quite block paving lol but deffo a mess. I was going to do a diy catch can but gave up trying to fit it so just vented to atmosphere instead. Think I'll just route it back in though now. Rather it go back in my engine than that leaking on my drive and roads Tbh

Got to be expected from the Elephant bodge :)

Just think of a motorbike coming off a roundabout if you had dropped that load of crap on the road, nice :(

Catch can, or better still a proper oil separator :)

Just think of a motorbike coming off a roundabout if you had dropped that load of crap on the road, nice :(

This is what concerns me too Tbh. Think I'll just stick the oem recirc pipe back on. Cba to sort and mess with a catch can. Cheers all

My drive has a mark where it looks like I've had a slight oil leak but nothing like that. I wouldn't want that going back in my pipework though I'd sooner fit a catch can or just leave it as it is. A tiny drop like that isn't going to make a difference to a biker I wouldn't thought, would have to be a pretty big oil patch. You pay your road tax so I say let it go over the road  :giggle:  :giggle:

A tiny drop like that isn't going to make a difference to a biker I wouldn't thought, would have to be a pretty big oil patch.:

Have you seen the size of the contact area of a bike tyre onto the road?

That amount of oil dropped in the wrong place would deffo have a bike on the floor.

The elephant mod is a bodge, end of :)

Have you seen the size of the contact area of a bike tyre onto the road?

That amount of oil dropped in the wrong place would deffo have a bike on the floor.

The elephant mod is a bodge, end of :)

Yeah I see your point, mine very rarely loses anything its only gave a small patch on the drive as its dripped in the same place over a year but if I've left it parked up for a few hours its never dripped so on the road should be fine. I might collect it in a pop bottle though from now on just to see how much does come out. I was joking about the road tax by the way incase anyone took that the wrong way lol