Octavia mk 1 strut braces

Or use rivnuts so you can just undo em from the top...thats what I'm planning with mine.

true yep like the lower brace is fitted. 

• 3 weeks later...

No wait maybe the lower strut brace

IMG_0544.jpg

oh hang on perhaps the extra Audi TT Roadster subframe bracing

IMG_0543.jpg

I don't suppose you did a how too on what you used to do the rear tt roadster braces? I must have read through nearly all of your how too's whilst I'm off on paternity leave, increadabley informative! I hugely appreciate your efforts as it makes my life easier in preparation for jumping into a job...as well as making me spend mire money when I choose the next mod!

I found the part numbers for the 2 diagonal braces but what did you use braced across the subframe to attach them too? Did you just get a strsight bar made up and bolt it on? Looks good!

Edited by OctyCal

I don't suppose you did a how too on what you used to do the rear tt roadster braces? I must have read through nearly all of your how too's whilst I'm off on paternity leave, increadabley informative! I hugely appreciate your efforts as it makes my life easier in preparation for jumping into a job...as well as making me spend mire money when I choose the next mod!

I found the part numbers for the 2 diagonal braces but what did you use braced across the subframe to attach them too? Did you just get a strsight bar made up and bolt it on? Looks good!

Thanks for your comments make my time doing those How To's worth it. :rock:

I did not do a how to guide on just those TT braces (i know how bad am I lol) 

I probably have a enough pics to do it.

I can get P/N for braces and the brace bolts I used which were OEM TT parts.(not that dear actually)

Correct the bar going across the rear subframe is a straight square bar I got from a DIY store and drilled through it to fix to subframe(using the original subframe threaded holes that are already there) and drilled 2 more holes into that bar to attach the ends of the 2 braces. Pretty straight forward. You have to be pretty accurate where you drill the holes for the braces as there is not a lot of clearance on the back of subframe to attach the other end of the braces (near subframe rear bolts)

The TT has completely different hook up points on chassis for those braces.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks for your comments make my time doing those How To's worth it. :rock:

I did not do a how to guide on just those TT braces (i know how bad am I lol) 

I probably have a enough pics to do it.

I can get P/N for braces and the brace bolts I used which were OEM TT parts.(not that dear actually)

Correct the bar going across the rear subframe is a straight square bar I got from a DIY store and drilled through it to fix to subframe(using the original subframe threaded holes that are already there) and drilled 2 more holes into that bar to attach the ends of the 2 braces. Pretty straight forward. You have to be pretty accurate where you drill the holes for the braces as there is not a lot of clearance on the back of subframe to attach the other end of the braces (near subframe rear bolts)

The TT has completely different hook up points on chassis for those braces.

Just incase anyone was interested, I did find your post and pretty much how too on the TT diagonal strut braces:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240661-vrs-chassis-mods-done-good-results/?hl=%20audi%20%20tt%20%20wishbones

Yet again, top stuff!!!

• Like 1