Savilles Garage

How do you find out which dealers are losing the franchise?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

From Monday type in find dealer on the Skoda website I would guess which is going to be a very depressing event for many punters.

Good thing is that these garages will still be able to service the Skodas as long as you want.  I will gradually change cars I own over to Dacia-Renault over the next few years.

In Brittany late last summer it was good to see how many French drivers had change to Dacia as there were a lot on roads of Brittany, just wish they did an auto which I expect they will as Renault supply then with more bit as do Nissan of course do with some Renault cars as is the Clio RS engine.

Worth noting that Nissan-Renault is of course the largest producer of cars in the UK where as VAG produce none other, than some Bentleys and even that is partially going to Eastern Europe too I gather. 

Not as strange as a Clio with a trailer on and a micro car on the back

I have the answer, thanks for providing the eureka moment. I will need a tow bar, get golf buggy and a trailer that will carry it, put the clubs on the back of the buggy and away I go. It'll look like something off whacky races!

I'd been told by a couple of other local dealers that Savilles were going to lose the Skoda franchise soon, and I can't say that I'm surprised.

Before I bought my last Octavia I wandered in and asked about a test drive and was told there was no car available, and if I came back in a couple of weeks they "might be able to help".

No attempt to take my details or anything else - just boredom and disinterest.

Will be interesting to see if they make more of an effort with the new franchise (or indeed if they have any clearance skodas....)

Like lolo lol I've not dealt with any of the showroom minions so I'm guessing it was one of them. My more limited experience matches his, so it's certainly not typical of what I've experienced though I'm not doubting what you say for a moment.

How do you find out which dealers are losing the franchise?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

The Skoda sign will have been replaced when you next turn up at the showroom LOL. I think that with SUK insisting on bigger showrooms many if not all of the smaller dealers will be at risk. Time will tell

Ahh well its only a brand of cars they sell and the most important thing is the people and not the product so I am happy to move with them to the new brands ie Dacia and Renault which in my view have a future as bright if not brighter than Skoda within VAG.

All cars are just biult by robots and there is not much to choose between the technology in each but great personal service with service and sales is hard to find and that is what I always get at Savilles.

Looking forward to seeing the Dacias and Renaults in their show room and particularly looking at the Clio RS, Logan and Duster. 

Totally disgusted by Patrick and Mark. I finally thought I had found a garage I and my family would be a customer with for life. 3 cars purchased within a short space of time due to the great sales pitch from Patrick. Sadly that is where it has ended. He has shown himself to be a salesman who has absolutely no interest in aftercare. Myself and another family member recommended others who bought - still waiting for the cheque for recomending even with reminders.

First service and lots of 'faults' weren't picked up on even though a tick sheet passing them all was left in the car. Called to check whether the service in the 3yrs free servicing was the same as normal paid for services. Was told by Mark that the free service is a lesser service. They don't check anything other than oil and filter. Asked why a ticked sheet of a proper service was left in my car and was told it shouldn't have happened that is just for the engineer?????? Anyway, call to Skoda customer services made to check whether this was true as if so we felt we had been miss old as we were told it was at least £600 worth of servicing we were getting for free. 

Long story short we received the letter from Patrick saying they weren't to be Skoda dealers anymore. Also recieved a call from Skoda customer service to say they spoke to the dealership who 'don't care about the service issues, they aren't interested in sorting it out as they will no longer be dealing with Skoda free servicing plans' 

Thankfully Skoda are allowing me to have my first service again elsewhere. 

I imagine I and my family have many years of car buying ahead of us. I shall absolutely be lining someone else's pockets in the future.

Totally disgusted by Patrick and Mark. I finally thought I had found a garage I and my family would be a customer with for life. 3 cars purchased within a short space of time due to the great sales pitch from Patrick. Sadly that is where it has ended. He has shown himself to be a salesman who has absolutely no interest in aftercare. Myself and another family member recommended others who bought - still waiting for the cheque for recomending even with reminders.  First service and lots of 'faults' weren't picked up on even though a tick sheet passing them all was left in the car. Called to check whether the service in the 3yrs free servicing was the same as normal paid for services. Was told by Mark that the free service is a lesser service. They don't check anything other than oil and filter. Asked why a ticked sheet of a proper service was left in my car and was told it shouldn't have happened that is just for the engineer?????? Anyway, call to Skoda customer services made to check whether this was true as if so we felt we had been miss old as we were told it was at least £600 worth of servicing we were getting for free.   Long story short we received the letter from Patrick saying they weren't to be Skoda dealers anymore. Also recieved a call from Skoda customer service to say they spoke to the dealership who 'don't care about the service issues, they aren't interested in sorting it out as they will no longer be dealing with Skoda free servicing plans'    Thankfully Skoda are allowing me to have my first service again elsewhere.   I imagine I and my family have many years of car buying ahead of us. I shall absolutely be lining someone else's pockets in the future.

Speak as we find I suppose.

The free services are always on the fixed plan and not the variable one so the first 10K service is a minor service and then the 20K is a major and and the 30K a minor etc etc.

I will continue to go to Savilles over Skoda as one I have always got what I have expected plus some and the other ie Skoda have been going down hill both in quality and value over the last decade or so.  Offering a 60K miles warranty rather than the indistry standard of 100K shows either a lack of confidence in their product or a willingness to charge for what others give as standard ie Renualt and even Vauxhall etc.

• Like 1

lol-lol best of luck with Renault. You'll need it.

Had a Renault 5 and one of the best of the 50 or so cars I have had.  Also a Renault 18 which was very nice to travel though it did have a bit of a issue with drive but then VAG cars are not without issues too.

The French also were the main contributor to Concorde with us and in Airbus with the Germans too.

At least they give a 100K mile warranty.

Totally disgusted by Patrick and Mark. I finally thought I had found a garage I and my family would be a customer with for life. 3 cars purchased within a short space of time due to the great sales pitch from Patrick. Sadly that is where it has ended. He has shown himself to be a salesman who has absolutely no interest in aftercare. Myself and another family member recommended others who bought - still waiting for the cheque for recomending even with reminders.

First service and lots of 'faults' weren't picked up on even though a tick sheet passing them all was left in the car. Called to check whether the service in the 3yrs free servicing was the same as normal paid for services. Was told by Mark that the free service is a lesser service. They don't check anything other than oil and filter. Asked why a ticked sheet of a proper service was left in my car and was told it shouldn't have happened that is just for the engineer?????? Anyway, call to Skoda customer services made to check whether this was true as if so we felt we had been miss old as we were told it was at least £600 worth of servicing we were getting for free. 

Long story short we received the letter from Patrick saying they weren't to be Skoda dealers anymore. Also recieved a call from Skoda customer service to say they spoke to the dealership who 'don't care about the service issues, they aren't interested in sorting it out as they will no longer be dealing with Skoda free servicing plans' 

Thankfully Skoda are allowing me to have my first service again elsewhere. 

I imagine I and my family have many years of car buying ahead of us. I shall absolutely be lining someone else's pockets in the future.

Again this hasn't been my experience. I'm not sure what you were expecting, nor what was wrong but the 3 year free servicing package is as lol-lol states above and includes:

Minor service

(Every 12 months/10,000 miles)

This includes:

•Oil & filter change (fully synthetic oil)

•Vehicle inspection test and report**

•Full vehicle road test***

•Vehicle and software enhancements from ŠKODA's database

•Replace pollen filter†

•Diagnostic check including report

•Re-set service interval display

•Wash and vacuum

•ŠKODA stamp in service book

So were your'faults' actually covered by the service?

I too have the 3 years free servicing and both my 1st and 2nd services were done while I waited. Richard had gone to the trouble of making sure there was a technician waiting to start on my car at the allotted time on both occasions and as usual I was made to feel most welcome. They even left 1/2 a bottle of concentrated screen wash in my boot as my resevoir was already very nearly full on the last service. Normally in my experience other dealers charge for the top up irrespective of how much (or little) they put in.

It is of course interesting that your 1st post on this forum is to leave negative feedback against a dealer experience, even if they are no longer a SUK main agent....

• Like 1

I hope so as I have my Skoda service plan with them

Sent from my Galaxy S5

How far will you have to go if they exit stage left. My closest now is only an extra 4 miles journey but I hope the service isn't a world away from what I'm used to.

How far will you have to go if they exit stage left. My closest now is only an extra 4 miles journey but I hope the service isn't a world away from what I'm used to.

About 45 miles

Sent from my Galaxy S5

So were your'faults' actually covered by the service?

It is of course interesting that your 1st post on this forum is to leave negative feedback against a dealer experience, even if they are no longer a SUK main agent..

Your reply has made me smile - thank you. I'm very glad that your experience with Savilles has been a positive one. I only wish I could say the same thing. Yes, my 'faults' should have been covered in the first service. Hence Skoda Customer Service agreeing to sort the issue out. As to my 1st post on here being a negative one. Referrals to friends and an email to Skoda raving about the initial sales experience was credit as credit was due. Just as my negative review on here is justified too. 

I love my Skoda but I hate bad service :-)

Your reply has made me smile - thank you. I'm very glad that your experience with Savilles has been a positive one. I only wish I could say the same thing. Yes, my 'faults' should have been covered in the first service. Hence Skoda Customer Service agreeing to sort the issue out. As to my 1st post on here being a negative one. Referrals to friends and an email to Skoda raving about the initial sales experience was credit as credit was due. Just as my negative review on here is justified too. 

I love my Skoda but I hate bad service :-)

well I certainly wouldn't argue about loving Skodas as I love mine too, though I'm not sure given the way things are going with both the models and the dealer network whether this one will be my last. I'm not trying to defend Savilles either-if they gave you bad service then you are quite right to point this out and it just goes to show that even what most people consider to have been one of the better dealers can get it wrong at times and SUK agreeing a solution to your issues is a positive I guess. Has this all just happened recently?- again not defending them just trying to understand if your problems arose after they found out/decided they were not going to be a dealer anymore for Skoda which would possibly explain, but not condone their actions. Personally looking at the dealer reviews I'm not overly confident the other local offerings at Worcester, Redditch or Stourbridge will be a step in the right direction, which only leaves Kings Norton. It was my intention before the departing of Savilles to maintain a full skoda service record, but even that's up for grabs now. If you could let us know where you go and how you got on and if they sorted your issues out that would help quite a few who still want to keep a full suk dealer service history on their cars. Good luck.

Dacia Logan estate, 4.5m good sized estate top Laureate spec, (for Dacia), less than £9,890 with spare wheel.

I see What Car have one in their fleet now.

Must go get a brochure on the Clio RS when I am passing to replace by soon out of crappy 60K miles warranty Fabia VRS.

Two cars would make a good change to the fleet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've dealt with Savilles over the years and had no issues, as has a friend... But it's academic now as they've "gone"...

I will continue to take my Skoda(s) there until I change to perhaps a Logan as a lugger and the Clio RS as the fun car.

I think it is Skoda that left not these fine dealers with the personal touch rather than the corporate blandness that the remaining dealer chains exihibit.

Dacia remind me so much of what Skoda was 20 years ago when I started buying Skoda.  Renault, with the Clio RS, have a natural replacement for the Fabia VRS which SUK do not once the Mk 2 Fabia twincharge is no longer sold.

It is not the dealers with the mid-90s percent customer satisfaction that changed but VAG-SUK changing the way they treat dealers and hence them not wanting to work with SUK.

Edited by lol-lol

• 1 month later...

So, now that they have swapped to a Renault/Dacia franchise we called in this afternoon to get a look at the Twingo.

We were all over the car, getting in and out, checking everything and generally looking interested and impressed.

There were three sales staff in the showroom, one dealing with customers and the other two doing nothing much. Nobody bothered to even make eye contact with us, let alone ask if we needed to know anything about the car.

I only dealt with Patrick rather than his minions so I'm guessing he wasn't there? I went into Trust Stourbridge to see about servicing in the week and wasn't impressed with them so looks like I'll be visiting All Electric to see what they are like before my next service is due.

Always found Savilles very friendly and usually the receptionist right opposite the door says hello and Patrick's desk is next door to that desk.

Speak as we find and I am loathed to take the one Skoda that I have on a service plan to a still register Skoda garage but I have no choice.

Trust did ring, not Startin of Worcester strangely, so Trust must have obtained a list from Skoda somehow, if I was Startin I would be well miffed of such action but then that seems to be they way SUK are these days treating their own dealers as favoured sons not on customer service but absolute sales.

My Skoda can still be serviced as Savilles which I will do until swapping to the Clio RS (as there is no Fabia VRS replacement) and perhaps a Logan or Sandero too as a runabout to keep miles off the RS.   

• 2 weeks later...

went into Trust Stourbridge to see about servicing in the week and wasn't impressed with them

I assume you mean the Skoda Trust? They look to have outgrown their site, it all looked a little cramped and downmarket, unlike VW Trust in Stourbridge...

I've found that once they've sold the car to you the service standards tend to fall off, the same thing happened to me when I had some questions about my new Golf, passed from pillar to post, I ended up emailing VW direct and they sorted it...

Edited by The PM
  • Like 1