HID H7 Kits for Fabia with Projector Headlights

Hi Peeps,

I decided that I want to replace my H7 bulbs with the H7 HID kit (35w - 6000k ideally), I have Projector Headlights and wondered if you could recommend any supplier or brands I should buy from...? My budget is up to £60.00 ish.

I have spent lots of money on the "100% more light and 50% more white bulbs" but I don;t think these performed as well as I was expecting. I don't want to go blue so I think 6000k is max I want to go for.

Any helps and recommendations are much apprieciated.

Many thanks, Matty

• Like 2

Hi Matty

I would recommend the set from the car mod shop, I put a link in the previous thread. I have them in mine and cant fault them, I did not go for the slim ballasts I went for the pro kit as advised by James at the shop. They have a live chat option on their Web site and can also be contacted by phone which is handy when fitting if you have any questions.

When you upgrade I would also purchase a pair of bulb holders that have a small cut in them so you don't have to faff about with the existing ones. I will link them when I find them if you like.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Matt,

Have a look at mine at Combe. I bought them off Gizmo68 on here second hand, so don't know what make they are.

4300k and very close to OEM colour so easier to match sidelights to.

A lot of the Octavia II chaps buy the London colour kits from eBay for about £35 IIRC

Would also recommend buying a spare set of rubber headlight covers for the back of the headlight units as the existing ones may need cutting to fit wiring to Ballasts etc. Only about £10 for the pair

• Like 1

I too have been sucked into the 100% better light output bulbs, i have just purchased a HID direct kit, 35w, H7, 5000K. this cost me £52 with delivery using their 5% off code. which IMO think is a bit expensive!

there are cheaper items on the market, i was looking at a particular one on ebay for £35 but the whole 2 year warranty which HID Direct offer appealed to me as im a strong believer in buy cheap buy twice. no doubt that other kits are the same quality though :)

personally stick to 4300-5000k anything more than that goes blue-purple.

Hi Matty

I would recommend the set from the car mod shop, I put a link in the previous thread. I have them in mine and cant fault them, I did not go for the slim ballasts I went for the pro kit as advised by James at the shop. They have a live chat option on their Web site and can also be contacted by phone which is handy when fitting if you have any questions.

When you upgrade I would also purchase a pair of bulb holders that have a small cut in them so you don't have to faff about with the existing ones. I will link them when I find them if you like.

i would love a link to these bulb holders, i was going to try and fit them with the original holders but dont know what is best? Otaylor38 reckons that you can get them to fit with the originals with a bit of fiddling. :)

I am using the original bulb holders but I had to cut them to put the wires through.

When I come to change a bulb I will be changing the holders too.

I have 6000k and don't find them blue at all when driving but I am told they do have the blue tinge to them when I am approaching.

• Like 1

Matt,

Have a look at mine at Combe. I bought them off Gizmo68 on here second hand, so don't know what make they are.

4300k and very close to OEM colour so easier to match sidelights to.

A lot of the Octavia II chaps buy the London colour kits from eBay for about £35 IIRC

Would also recommend buying a spare set of rubber headlight covers for the back of the headlight units as the existing ones may need cutting to fit wiring to Ballasts etc. Only about £10 for the pair

Thanks a lot. will have a look, would you be able to point me in the right direction re the rubber covers...?

I'm fed up spending the money on the H7 bulbs and want to pay bit more for something that will give me better visibility and also nicer colour. I currently have the Philips LED side lights with 6000K hence why I want to purchase the 6000k kit to match these

Matty

I am using the original bulb holders but I had to cut them to put the wires through.

When I come to change a bulb I will be changing the holders too.

I have 6000k and don't find them blue at all when driving but I am told they do have the blue tinge to them when I am approaching.

cheers for that, thats what i was referring to, when you're in front of somebody with 6k+ you are blinded by blue lights

Here are the holders

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171151205763&alt=web

Thanks for that, are the bulb holders the bit inside the headlight with screws attaching it? i haven't ever done this before. i need this kit to turn up so i can get my head around whats what :)

bought just in case i need them :)

Edited by matthewl

Hi Matty

Seen that link and thinking about these...also considering the HID Direct ones but not sure yet...Seen the Kit ranging betweew £40 to £90. I want to get the best value ones...:)

HID direct are allegedly a good kit but I have never used them so couldn't comment really.

I don't have any issues with blinding people.......as far as I know, I don't get people flashing me.

The holders are the part that the bulb sits in then you attach the while thing back up to the light assembly by twisting it in. The bulb and holder come out in one go by twisting, then you would separate the two and fit the new bulb in the holder and twist back in.

You also need to cut the rubber cover that you remove to get to the bulb, this is to allow the wires for the ballasts to come out.

It sounds like a right PITA but it's quite a quick job, can be done in an hour.

I might have pictures of what the kit contains if that would help? Not sure though.

• Like 2

HID direct are allegedly a good kit but I have never used them so couldn't comment really.

I don't have any issues with blinding people.......as far as I know, I don't get people flashing me.

The holders are the part that the bulb sits in then you attach the while thing back up to the light assembly by twisting it in. The bulb and holder come out in one go by twisting, then you would separate the two and fit the new bulb in the holder and twist back in.

You also need to cut the rubber cover that you remove to get to the bulb, this is to allow the wires for the ballasts to come out.

It sounds like a right PITA but it's quite a quick job, can be done in an hour.

I might have pictures of what the kit contains if that would help? Not sure though.

Top Man...!!! Thanks a lot and any pics will help...You explained this clear and I roughly know what's required now...I'm going to Castle Combe this Saturday and pretty sure there will be some peeps with HIDs fitted to theit Projector Headlight so can have a look.

I knew I can count on Brisky Memeber and their support and advice... :sun:  :rock:

Almost every single bit is covered... :happy:

Have all part numbers and now need to decide where and which kit to buy... :wonder:

if i didnt go for the HID direct kit, i was going to go for this in 5000k.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-ICE-WHITE-ERROR-FREE-H7-6000K-/251334796855?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a84b8a637

20130705_133244_zpsn8r1h6ri.jpg    20130705_133237_zpsyf2xyfcb.jpg   20130705_124617_View%20Rd_zpss07s2eyd.jp   20130705_124521_View%20Rd_zpszngv1l3p.jp            20130705_122118_View%20Rd_zps4dkcqbag.jp   20130705_122257_View%20Rd_zpskdldbb9h.jp     20130705_122223_View%20Rd_zps0eb0kcqb.jp   Best i can do atm, hope this helps you get an idea in your head.   The two loose wires in the last pic, the ones with the spade connectors plug in to socket you would normaly attach to the bulb.   Have fun at Combe!

• Like 2

Which Discount Code did you use for the HIDs Direct...? Any reason why you didint go for the 6000k kit from them...?

• Like 1

20130705_124521_View%20Rd_zpszngv1l3p.jp              

cheers for that, my confusion is where the hell does the bulb holder go after you remove it haha :(

im an idiot, like i said when my kit turns up i will get a better idea i guess..

Which Discount Code did you use for the HIDs Direct...? Any reason why you didint go for the 6000k kit from them...?

personally i just wanted pure white light, with no blue shining through.. thats all, plus i really want it to be as normal looking as possible. so i may be able to get it through MOT without them noticing haha.

i used code: SOCIAL5

The new HID bulb needs to go in the holder then it goes back into the car exactly as it came out just with a nice shiny new bulb on it.

Like you said, once you have the kit in front of you it all becomes a lot clearer.

I have SMD side lights, the CREE ones gave me a bit of bother and I'm happy with the SMD. They colour match very well with the 6000k.

My DRL'S are my favourite though.....

20130622_233314_zpsynag5v6l.jpg

20140129_102220_Raigmore%20Hospital01_zp

• Like 2

No problem, I've had loads of help here so happy to be able to 'give back'

Rubber covers.....http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=131141601257&alt=web

Careful with this ebay seller guys

I misread the description a few months ago, and click buy. Only to find its £10 for one rubber cover, so i messaged him telling him he can keep it, and i want a refund.

I then rang up chesterfield skoda dealers and he ordered me 2. £14 a pair.

I think that seller might be buying off the dealers, then putting on ebay for a profit tbh...

• Like 1