Park Assist problem

Hi all. My park assist does not work. Every time I try to use it it tells me the speed is to slow. Took it back to dealer, Azur, they said they couldn't find a problem and would send a report to Skoda.

Has anybody had a similar problem and had it resolved.

Cheers

Kiffer.

Not sure if it worked previously as I only recently bought the car. Probably not though as the salesman said it was complicated to use and that I would have to consult the manual..

It's simple enough - press the park assist button with the indicator on to the side you want to park on and drive past the space. The car will tell you if it will fit. Then follow the instructions to stop and select reverse on screen and don't hold the steering wheel until it tells you to. My car did steer the wrong way once while on auto park (Probably because my indicator turned off while it was rolling and it defaults to parking to the passenger side rather than the driver side space I wanted to use), so remember that you're still in control of the vehicle's movement even if the steering is automatic.

There is a 90 second time limit for completing the parking manoeuvre after which it turns off park assist too. 

Edited by psycholist

That's what I thought, but at any speed when I press the park assist button (even at 70ish) it tells me that the speed is to slow.

Not sure if it worked previously as I only recently bought the car. Probably not though as the salesman said it was complicated to use and that I would have to consult the manual..

Without trying to state the obvious or insult you. Have you gone back to the salesman?

Was it a Skoda dealer?

Oh

I didnt know about the "indicator" bit

It works every time for me!

But i guess if it was a narrow street with spaces on both sides -

I guess thats when the "indicator" come into use

You only have to switch the indicators on if you want to park on the right side(for people who drive on the left)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up in case anyone else has this problem.

Just had mine in for warranty repair on this.

Kept saying speed to slow, even after doing motorway speeds

It needed a software update on Steering Control Module.

They had mine and another in this week for it, so it may well be something which could crop up on your cars.

The official wording on the invoice is

Power steering control unit update

Checked for Parallel park assist inop. Run GFF no faults stored.

Sent technical enquiry. Carried out updates and adaptions as per technical instructions.

Test Parallel park system and test ok

Probably never use it, but might as well have it working lol