Yeti Wins Driver Power Again!

Deputy

Would we expect anything else? :giggle:

Of all the cars I've had, if I could only have one it would be my Yeti.  Says it all really.

Two years and 31k miles on... I'm not even considering parting with it.  Most cars last far less than that!

• Like 1

I did have a little read yesterday and I was impressed that a 4 year old desgin has come out on top however I did >>   :wonder: if you look at the "Road Holding" section how the hell did an MG6 end up at the top? 

I guess people that own them expect them to be really bad and they somehow aren't so they give them top marks, that's according to the poll better than a 911 997  :giggle: The only MG6 that might be better than a 911 is the touring car  :rofl:

The scores are based on user opinion.

What I take from this is that Skoda buyers know they are not buying a fancy badge and so have more realistic expectations.

But overall I have to agree Skoda ownership has been more satisfying than other makes in similar price brackets.

Been driving since 1970 never considered a second example of the same model before. I'm not surprised that others like them too. Could be better in some respects but still enjoying the experience and look forward to each drive-a transformation since many work a day outings over the years were a chore.

Mines now 4 years old and Ive never owned such a complete all rounder. I toyed with getting rid a couple of times but after pretty exhaustive test drives I just cant find a suitable replacement.

Just last week I had the seats out for a day clearing my mums garden, the following day it was on the track at North Weald competing with TVR's and RX8s and over the weekend it was ferrying people around for a family get together/birthday meals out. Awesome car.

As above, Ive never owned the same car twice and if Skoda wouldnt have changed it and made it look like a Rapid on stilts id be putting in an order for a new L&K. Looking forward to see what the Yeti 2 has to offer on the MQB platform or even consider a move up in size to the bigger Skoda or Seat SUV when they are available. Skoda ownership is always a pain free experience :)

• Like 1

I remember when you came into nandos in Harlow and told us you had just put the order in for a Yeti when they first came out, at the time I thought it was a bold move for such a new car and the expectations to tick so many boxes (Family car/Van/Track fun etc) 4 Years later and you have been proved right with the purchase B) .

Perhaps one of the moderators would like to send a link to this thread to OffNote and his aliases? Unless he's decided to go and make a nuisance of himself on the Tiguan forums of course.

Perhaps one of the moderators would like to send a link to this thread to OffNote and his aliases? Unless he's decided to go and make a nuisance of himself on the Tiguan forums of course.

No, let's not bother. It's sufficient that we all go around with smug grins. :love:

Fred

As above, Ive never owned the same car twice and if Skoda wouldnt have changed it and made it look like a Rapid on stilts id be putting in an order for a new L&K. 

Didn't know you were sitting on the fence so much with the FL Lee! :p

It was yours and Richard's experiences that convinced me to order one really; but have to say I quite like the FL look!  :bandit:

• Like 1

Well that'll be another one to reply to those who drive the four ring, propeller or three pointed badge owners. No complaints from me.... well not about the car anyway  :giggle: