U.S. Troops arrive in Poland for Military Exercises.

Rooted

So that is the proper start to the show of force, now that all their diplomatic moves regarding Ukraine have proved useless.

More to arrive for the Military Exercises across 4 countries in Eastern Europe.

Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, & Poland.

george

These exercises take place on a regular basis. Not that long ago they conducted exercise in Ukraine.

Next, the press will be reporting on Russian TU-95's neariing UK airspace and being chased away by the RAF. Which also happens on a regular basis.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I don't understand your reason for posting this.

You don't work for the Daily Mail by any chance?

In the late 90's the Khuznetzov sailed from its base for the first time in nearly a decade or at least since the collapse of the USSR. The British press was full of reports of Russia flexing its muscle and NATO had to stand up to the Russian Navy's sabre rattling.

Thing was the Khuzhnetzov had to curtail its deployment due to its desalination plants failing, so it could not produce drinking water. The Good Ol' USN, which had been observing it, sent over an Oiler with fresh water.

What nobody asked, how did the USN, and RN for that matter, know the Khuzhnetsov couldn't produce the water?

Not everything you read in the press is as black and white as they put it.

These exercises take place on a regular basis. Not that long ago they conducted exercise in Ukraine.

Next, the press will be reporting on Russian TU-95's neariing UK airspace and being chased away by the RAF. Which also happens on a regular basis.

You got that spot on, page 2 of this mornings Daily Express (yes I know it's a silly ridiculous right wing nonsense rag)

The Poland thing though; do the US really have that many troops in Poland at any one time? The BBC reported there were 600 heading there this week.

How come it's not ok for Russia to have troops on it's own border when it is ok for the yanks to send in 600 troops to a neighbouring foreign country? The hypocrisy from the war-mongering west is unbelievable.

• Like 1

Because the 4 neighbouring foreign countries,  are not neighbouring the United States of America.

Not even on the same Continent.

So they just need to call it like it is, not 'Exercises',,

just, we are putting US Troops in for the 'long time mister',

We will put a small number,

and if you mess, we will put in more.

'We will have Central & Eastern Europe Fracking like there is no tomorrow,

and the US Companies will provide everything required, and take the Profits, Trust Us!.

Just get your hands in your pockets or DIY.

We are overflying,

we have NATO Countries assisting with Air to Air Fueling, Support & Supplies.

We are securing the Airfields, Runways etc that we will require for Air Supremacy.

We are now getting battle ready.

No that is not Daily Mail, or Scotsman, or any news paper or online stories,

that is how it is. 

Ramped Up.

http://scotsman.com/news/uk/russian-planes-and-warships-put-uk-on-high-alert-1-3385404

The Scotsman writes a publishes an article without reading its own archives about never breaching UK airspace,possibly.

Or maybe the first (historic) story was inaccurate.

http://scotsman.com/news/raf-catches-russian-bombers-in-uk-airspace-1-796434

http://scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/navy-shadows-russian-warship-off-moray-coast-1-3242089

Those with all the gen that were in the Senior Service and the likes can put us right on all the nonsense the Media feed us.

george

• Like 2

Because the 4 neighbouring foreign countries,  are not neighbouring the United States of America.

Not even on the same Continent.

US are a key member of NATO and have continual and constant exercises globally, was this one thrown together last minute or on the calendar for some years already? A question you need to attain an answer to for any clarity on assumptions. Might have been brought forward in it's timetable as more useful today due to current political situation, either way still an exercise.   

So they just need to call it like it is, not 'Exercises',,

just, we are putting US Troops in for the 'long time mister',

We will put a small number,

and if you mess, we will put in more

US troops are as they always have been based in LARGE numbers all over mainland Europe, they can scale massive numbers to any location they want fairly rapidly. Exercises are just that, they are not to play games like 'what if aliens landed' they are to practice in terrain and environments where the possibility of future hostilities 'may' exist. This is of course one of them and it has been done regularly for a good 60 years now. It is how the military and more specifically NATO carries out it's day to day business!

and the US Companies will provide everything required, and take the Profits, Trust Us!.

Welcome to capitalism.

We are overflying,

we have NATO Countries assisting with Air to Air Fueling, Support & Supplies.

We are securing the Airfields, Runways etc that we will require for Air Supremacy.

We are now getting battle ready.

You do understand exactly what NATO is and why it exists? 

• Cross NATO air to air refuelling daily occurrence already.
  • NATO means there is no need to 'secure' airfields, we already have them and the ability to share them.
  • The purpose of all armed forces is to be 'battle ready',

No that is not Daily Mail, or Scotsman, or any news paper or online stories,

that is how it is. 

Ramped Up.

Ramped up = zombie reading at it's finest. There are lots of things happening around the world you only know about what you are told. Today you are being told about this, as it's for the media a good one to run with to make them more money from their focused grade of readers / customers.

Those with all the gen that were in the Senior Service and the likes can put us right on all the nonsense the Media feed us.

Or you could accept that all NATO forces inc it's largest member the USA are doing what they do every day and this is not a scenario that has not been practised before time and time again for the reason of prudence in being prepared. Had this exercise been carried out 6 months ago it would not be happening today.

Syria demonstrates how the military can react instantly and within hours strike. That wasn't some bell being run, a man shouting scramble and "just head Syria". It was as are thousands of other scenarios, pre planned and prepared for to an extent should the need arise. 

When the USA outside of NATO sends half it's fleet to sit on the edge of international waters, has cut off all diplomatic ties etc...That would be a move which could be seen in prelude to hostilities. Not a handful of yanks running around Poland looking for the nearest branch of McDonalds. 

150 US Paratroopers moved into each area in the next days, from Italy etc.

173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team,

That is the 150 Paras and the Support that goes with them.

Military and Civilian.

'Lets get these Transport Planes flying in'.

Yes we know what that is.

150 US Paratroopers moved into each area in the next days, from Italy etc.

173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team,

That is the 150 Paras and the Support that goes with them.

Military and Civilian.

'Lets get these Transport Planes flying in'.

Yes we know what that is.

Oh crap! I am running for the shelter now, 150 you say :o This my friend is truly the beginning of the end, I can see it now.  :sweat:

• Like 1

NATO -Capitalism.

Yes those NATO countries that have trade with Russia,  they follow the money,

and are stepping back a bit,

never having stepped up in the first place.

So some that are not Germany, Spain etc that are doing what the are signed up to do,

& others have to come to new arrangements with the US.

http://defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=122109

• Like 1

Quick head for the bunkers!

Batten down the hatches!

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/news/defence/portsmouth-warship-sent-to-shadow-russian-navy-destroyer-near-british-waters-1-6017646

Not sure if it still exists, but we used to have TAPS: Towed Array Patrol Ships. You would be nominated to cover that role for a month or two. Basically you were on standby to 'shadow 'any Russian sub or Ship which left Murmansk. It was a right PITA as you were on short recall. This deployment would have been factored in weeks or even months ago the Pompey News will have known that from previous encounters. They are just jumping on the hysteria bandwagon.

As for using other countries for refuelling; all stores have NSN before them; NATO Stock Number. It's the reason why the majority of our ammo is 5.56mm, it's the standard used throughout NATO, makes resupply easier. The former Warsaw Pact used 7.76mm as the Kalashnikov was the most used weapon, though the Russians were looking at changing to 5.56 mm.

If you offered to make someone a wet and they responded they like it NATO Standard, that means they want milk and two sugars as it was the most popular way NATO soldiers drank tea or coffee!

We in the UK will not be heading for Bunkers, that is how it works.

Others might have to,

'But they are just Foreigners,  so what does it matter, English is not their first language'.

That is not how i think,

but it is a rather common way it seems with many other English Speakers.

• Like 1

Oh crap! I am running for the shelter now, 150 you say :o This my friend is truly the beginning of the end, I can see it now.  :sweat:

The US were using one photo of a vagrant-looking type bloke in a military uniform the other day as "evidence" that the Russians were in Ukraine, so in those terms it would be quite significant.

The yanks are definitely spoling for a fight. They wouldn't be doing this unless there was some advantage in it for them, economically or politically.

I'm not some big conspiracy theorist but I think we all need to take with a pinch of salt the lines were are spun by the western media about the "evil foreigner" Mr Putin if they are trying to convince us it is a good idea for us to get involved over there.

• Like 1

george

Bang on as you quite usually are George.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/%22VP_Joe_Biden_Promotes_U.S._as_Fracking_Missionary_Force_On_Ukraine_Trip%22/34699/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Of course the U.s. and all the cronies don't give a damn about the people of Ukraine just like they don't give a damn about the people in their own countries. They will bleed em dry then move on th the next suckers.

As history and the last decade has shown us.

No doubt Scotland will be a great help to the US in their moves into mainland Europe for their Fracking Activities.

The Scottish Government, or actually the Scottish people bought the perfect Airport for £1 just recently.

That losses can now be turned into a money maker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Prestwick_Airport

(not bang up to date or accurate but then thats Wiki)

It will be handy for Dart Energy when their licences are issued for taking Coal bed Methane from the Coal Fields that are within less than 70 miles.

The US were using one photo of a vagrant-looking type bloke in a military uniform the other day as "evidence" that the Russians were in Ukraine, so in those terms it would be quite significant.

The yanks are definitely spoling for a fight. They wouldn't be doing this unless there was some advantage in it for them, economically or politically.

I'm not some big conspiracy theorist but I think we all need to take with a pinch of salt the lines were are spun by the western media about the "evil foreigner" Mr Putin if they are trying to convince us it is a good idea for us to get involved over there.

The US dont need to make up stories about Ruskies in Ukraine - they are there.

I have friends out there who USED to live in Crimea (one is an ex-US marine and his Ukrainian family). They detailed from DAY ONE that 90% of the "local militia" and "local demonstrators" werent local, but spoke with Russian accents and wore watches set to Russian time; they photographed RUSSIAN buses parked up and disgorging crowds of fit young men at the outskirts of Sevastapol, who then headed into the city for a "spontaneous" protest and occupation of government buildings.

They managed to get out of Crimea a week before the annexation and temporarily set up near Donetsk, but moved further West as soon as they saw the same pattern of disruption starting there.

The provisional government are damned if they do, and damned if they dont.

If they dont fight back, Putler accuses them of being weak, ineffectual, and not in control.

If they fight back, he accuses them of targeting the Russian speaking locals, and (eventually) will send in the massed armies on the border to "defend" them.

But then look at Iraq.

We are going to invade Iraq because our intelligence leads us to believe that they have weapons of mass destruction.

A few thousand bombs and a million innocent victims later

Mr President we have a bit of an issue. Our intelligence now tells us that there are no weapons of mass destruction we have nearly bombed an entire country of the face of the earth for nothing.

Wait a minute how about we blame it on saddam.

That's a great idea we put him into power now we can take him out once and for all.

The point is becareful what you believe, their is propaganda flying about all over the place, from both sides.

No we invaded Iraq because Bush Jr wanted to outdo Daddy. He didn't have that long to come up with a decent reason but he didn't have to worry too much about the aftermath as he wouldn't be in office anymore. In politics short termism rules!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You missed the biggie. Iraq has oil.

If a major oil field is discovered in Ukraine tomorrow, you can bet the US will be offering a couple of divisions of heavy armour, backed up by planes trains and automobiles (and a couple of carrier battle groups).

One of the main reasons the US and the UK have a vested interest in Ukraine is that we are signatories in upholding their independence. No country in history has ever defaulted on this kind of guarantee. As for troops in other EU countries and some people wrongly stating that it is no different to what Russia is doing, they are there at the request of those sovereign countries. Russia is putting immense pressure on certain Baltic countries to join it's own Eurasion Economic Union and usually not in a very nice way. Part of the reason these countries have joined NATO is mutual safety in the face of Russian expansion.

I've just been to several defence lectures on Putin and the Ukraine crisis and make no mistake, Putin is 100% psycho.

He is the Phycho they like in power,

those in power of various nations never like to take out the Phycho they know.

Well not in an Obvious way, poison them, have a mob kill them etc, but never just murder them.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-27200078

Time to get Obamas Wife and Children, David Camerons and all the other G7 Leaders nearest and dearest moved into Ukraine.

Have them in the Centre of the Action and them lets see how they deal with getting Putin to wind in his neck.

World Leaders are easy come easy go with other peoples lives, they will be a bit more careful with their own.

Lets get our 3  (4) Princes out there,  Andrew, William & Harry,

(Edward can just do the entertainment)

that is what we paid out on all the Training for,

& after all its their Families Heritage & Homelands they would be defending.

World Leader Families & the Royal Families as Human Shields openly in conflict areas,

a Few Religion Leaders and heads of the Military should cut down or Wars and deaths of the innocent.

No we invaded Iraq because Bush Jr wanted to outdo Daddy. He didn't have that long to come up with a decent reason but he didn't have to worry too much about the aftermath as he wouldn't be in office anymore. In politics short termism rules!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

What about the fact that the bush family took out a loan with the bin laden family? This so called dangerous man was not only trained in america but his family loaned the bush family money to start up an oil company. Nothing iffy going on there just another innocent "coincidence".

Edited by theezenutz

One of the main reasons the US and the UK have a vested interest in Ukraine is that we are signatories in upholding their independence. No country in history has ever defaulted on this kind of guarantee. As for troops in other EU countries and some people wrongly stating that it is no different to what Russia is doing, they are there at the request of those sovereign countries. Russia is putting immense pressure on certain Baltic countries to join it's own Eurasion Economic Union and usually not in a very nice way. Part of the reason these countries have joined NATO is mutual safety in the face of Russian expansion.

I've just been to several defence lectures on Putin and the Ukraine crisis and make no mistake, Putin is 100% psycho.

What independance? Ukraine had a democratically elected government. Now they have thug rule. The west has been expanding ever closer to the russian border for a while now. Now they are right on the edge, surprise surprise russia are a little agitated by current circumstances.

Don't get me wrong russia are no saints but what america and the west have been upto in the last couple of decades is unprecedented on the world stage. They are out of control and are in need of the reins tightened sharpish.

Edited by theezenutz

I would be wary of your intelligence.

Let me tell you what I liked about that Gulf War: it was the first war that appeared on every television channel, including cable. And even though the TV show consisted largely of Pentagon war criminals displaying maps and charts, it got very good ratings. And that makes sense, because we like war. We're a warlike people. We can't stand not to be ****ing with someone. We couldn't wait for the Cold War to end so we could climb into the big Arab sandbox and play with our nice new toys. We enjoy war. And one reason we enjoy it is that we're good at it. You know why we're good at it? Because we get a lot of practice.

This country is only 200 years old, and already we've had ten major wars. We average a major war every twenty years, So we're good at it. And it's just as well we are, because we're not very good at anything else. Can't build a decent car anymore. Can't make a TV set, a cell phone, or a VCR. Got no steel industry left. No textiles. Can't educate our young people. Can't get health care to our old people. But we can bomb the **** outta your country, all right. We can bomb the **** outta your country. Especially if your country is full of brown people. Oh, we like that, don't we? That's our hobby now. But it's also our new job in the world: bombing brown people. Iraq, Panama, Grenada, Libya. You got some brown people in your country? Tell 'em to watch the **** out, or we'll goddamn bomb them!

Well, who were the last white people you can remember that we bombed? In fact, can you remember any white people we ever bombed? The Germans! That's it. Those are the only ones. And that was only because they were tryin' to cut in on our action. They wanted to dominate the world. But the Germans are ancient history. These days, we only bomb brown people. And not because they're cutting in our action; we do it because they're brown. Even those Serbs we bombed in Yugoslavia aren't really white, are they? Naaah! They're sort of down near the swarthy end of the white spectrum. Just brown enough to bomb. I'm still waiting for the day we bomb the English. People who really deserve it.

Now you folks might have noticed, I don't feel about that Gulf War the way we were instructed to feel about it by the United States government. My mind doesn't work that way. You see, I've got this real moron thing I do, it's called 'Thinking' And I guess I'm not a very good American, because I like to form my own opinions; I don't just roll over when I'm told. Most Americans roll over on command. Not me, There are certain rules I observe. My first rule: Never believe anyone in authority says. None of them. Government, Police, clergy, the corporate criminals. None of them. And neither do I believe anything I'm told by the media, who, in the case of the Gulf War, functioned as little more than unpaid employees of the Defense Department, and who, most of the time, operate as unofficial public relations agency for the government and industry. I don't believe in any of them.

And I have to tell you, folks, I don't really believe very much in my country either. I don't get all choked up about yellow ribbons and American flags. I see them as symbols, and I leave them to the symbol-minded. I also look at war itself a little differently from most. I see it largely as an exercise in ****-waving. That's really all it is: a lot of men standing around in a field waving their dicks at one another. Men, insecure about the size of their penises, choose to kill one another. That's also what all that moron athlete bull**** is all about, and what that macho, male posturing and strutting around in bars and locker rooms represents. It's called '**** fear.' Men are terrified that their dicks are inadequate, and so they have to 'compete' in order to feel better about themselves. And since war is the ultimate competition, essentially men are killing one another in order to improve their genital self-esteem.

You needn't be a historian or a political scientist to see the Bigger **** Foreign Policy Theory at work. It goes like this: 'What? They have bigger dicks? Bomb them!' And of course, the bombs, the rockets, and the bullets are all shaped like penises. Phallic weapons. There's an unconscious need to project the national penis into the affairs of others. It's called '****ing with people'.

George Carlin. Now tell me he's wrong.

Edited by theezenutz