leaky doors have I over sealed?

Jay29

Great one of rear doors still leaking where have I gone wrong!

Il have to wait till weather is hot Henry as its raining for a week,

Il get hold of plumbers gold ans put on super thick layer

HI Jay29

When I did mine i made sure that I cleaned around the gasket and inner door panel with white spirit first. When it was clean and dry I pressed the gasket and panel together as best I could and applied some roof and gutter seal from Toolsation/Screwfix (can't remember which).

I then ran my finger over it all round to make sure the seal was smooth and the gap was fully covered. Not had any problems since. (Famous last words - just watch  :think: )

Hope you get it sorted....Chip

Edited by ChipUK

Yer I done mine twice and second time I done it right and used plumbers gold and have not had any issues 1 and a half years later. Scraped all the old crap out first so it didn't react under it and cleaned it and dried it first and it has done the trick.

Cheers for replys dude's

I'm gonna give it a go on Tuesday... Now up have to scrape all that crap out if the doors now!!

Gonna apply it in real thick quantities now but follow the advice given

Have picked up a Big bottle of CT1 sealant will let you know how I get on ;)

Bloody great second attempt still leaking!! Water gathering on bottom of door round the rubber

Getulus should have listened to u!!

I just went over existing seal! I'm gonna now dig out ALL the old sealant and 're-do from scratch what a pain in the ass :(

I used a small screwdriver to dig out the foam seal & scraped off the black crap from someones previous failed attempt then filled the gap with sealer & then put another layer to cover between the actual door & the carrier then smoothed it off,also sealed the rivets.

As said above i used plumbers gold,brilliant stuff even goes off under water,your problem may have been the sealant you used not sticking if there was still moisture present.

Didn't think of moisture with the spate of bad weather I'm probs better waiting for a sunny week

I'll borrow my sister's hair dryer lol