well, if you drove easy for a reasonable distance/ time, its possible...

If I'm cruising to/from work - 25miles each way, stuck behind a lorry at 50mph, i have seen 80mpg...

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

I would occasionally get mpg figures into the 70's in my '03 TDI, but it was rare! Low to mid 60's was more common, but short trips always brought the overall figure down. Brim to brim calcs put it at a fairly steady 47 over the last 5000 miles I had it.

41 mpg out of a VRS? That's got to be illegal ! :giggle:

Lol. Was going about 65mph from j22 to j28 on the m1. Traffic was pants hence the speed. I couldn't belive it, was 1mpg less than my old sr180 and that was a diesel lol

My route takes me through 30-70mph zones and has hills up and down.

I'm new to having a MPG monitor but so far It seemed to average 41-48 I think. Down hill it was chanting some nonsense about 112mpg and 300 odd then ----. Up hill around 38, most of the time @50mph the live read was saying 48-50.

I was expecting 38 max in my dreams.

My route takes me through 30-70mph zones and has hills up and down.

I'm new to having a MPG monitor but so far It seemed to average 41-48 I think. Down hill it was chanting some nonsense about 112mpg and 300 odd then ----. Up hill around 38, most of the time @50mph the live read was saying 48-50.

I was expecting 38 max in my dreams.

Is that on the instant, or the average? the instant does be all over the shop.

also.... the average tends to over reach by about 2-5mpg.

as in, my 2yrs 58mpg avg is calculated, its shows up as about 61mpg on the F2 average.

Mac11irl,

Yeah thats on instant, it gets hillarious at times. I'd be chuffed with the high 50's I do notche though that economy goes out the window at 30 it prefers 35

• Like 1