To many options

Hi,

I've been browsing the forum for the past few days since I've joined and I've seen some nice cars.

It's coming to the end of the month and I'm thinking of investing in a dump valve and maybe a replacement pipe kit.

Ebay is the name of the game for me as it tends to be cheaper and easier so I was thinking of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JS-Performance-Skoda-Octavia-VRS-1-8T-20V-AUQ-Silicone-Ancillary-Hose-Kit-/331113748494?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d17ead80e

and this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R-Spec-Twin-Piston-Dump-Valve-BOV-for-VW-Golf-GTI-Passat-Bora-1-8T-20v-Turbo-/221403507457?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338cad6b01

The lot for around 200 quid.

There are a lot of unbranded kits, generic valves, big names all with massive price differences.

Anyone had issues with the unbranded stuff. I think switching the pipes is a good as I've seen it as a must do mod and will give solve any leak issues.

Cheers

Silicone pipe kit is a good idea as the OEM pipes are prone to splitting, but the BOV DV wouldn't get my vote. OEM DV is only £25 & is more than capable, unless you are running big boost.

Ebay maybe easy, but often isn't cheaper, & when it comes to OEM VAG parts can often be way more expensive than the main dealer or TPS.

Cheer's pipes it is. I see the TIP being replaced a lot on the forum any words of wisdom on that?

For the Dubs I used to go to Euro Parts of GSF, VW were always weird with their pricing I found things that broke unexpextedly were cheap and frequent faults costly. I've been used to ebay due to my previous daily drivers being Capris and MK1/2 golfs so often the bay is the place to be due to a steady decline in scrappys.

I'll check out the oem stuff although I do intend to make it a sleaper. Do you know if the OEM DV can work with induction kits or is it going to be a hack job.

I'd quite like the dumpvalve noise, though not to much.

Cheer's pipes it is. I see the TIP being replaced a lot on the forum any words of wisdom on that?

For the Dubs I used to go to Euro Parts of GSF, VW were always weird with their pricing I found things that broke unexpextedly were cheap and frequent faults costly. I've been used to ebay due to my previous daily drivers being Capris and MK1/2 golfs so often the bay is the place to be due to a steady decline in scrappys.

I'll check out the oem stuff although I do intend to make it a sleaper. Do you know if the OEM DV can work with induction kits or is it going to be a hack job.

I'd quite like the dumpvalve noise, though not to much.

Nothing wrong with using Euro car parts and GSF for certain stuff and even ebay. But as you have a 4x4 I presume it is a 1.8t , so these turbo VAG cars you should not scrimp on getting quality parts. VAG and TPS is the way to go for certain parts and not much dearer than euro believe it or not.

regardless of it being a sleeper or not , certainly I would buy oem for things like

Temp sensor

MAF

Coil packs etc

Also ref the ebay add these 1.8T VAG cars do not like BOV and require a recirculating valve.

Apart from the crap design of cheap ones they leak big time and your performance gains will be negative.

Buy either OEM as mentioned or a quality one like Forge. If you want the sound of a BOV then Split R type ones offer recirc with adjustments to make them sound like BOV.

oem DV do work with induction kits, weather a panel replacements or full CAI kit. No hacking is needed. All VAG recirc DV weather OEM or aftermarket connect up in the same way regardless of air filter fitted. 

the fitting of a CAI kit even with std DV will make it sound like a BOV anyway. :rofl:

A silicon TIP is also a good upgrade. As these cars are getting one a bit the std hoses are getting worn and the TIP can collapse under boost(especially tuned cars running higher boost) so a worth while mod.

good luck in your tuning progression.. :rock: