stage 2 octy mk1 vrs spark plugs

rpa

Hi guys ive got a mk1 octy vrs auq engine running shark stage 2 with supporting mods and have been reading an article on line that the spark plugs should only be tge cheap standard type ,mines running irridium all singing and dancing ones (had no problems )but thought id check ,they are listed as an option on euros oe premium plug

• 1 month later...

HI just a question for you you say you have a stage 2 shark remap what have you done to your car to get it up to that stage whant to go for a stage two my self  any help would be appreciated thanks BARRY 

Hi barry yes mines running a shark stage 2 map supporting mods so far are adb induction kit (hard pipe) with cone filter mounted behind bumper ,forge 007 dv,miltek 100 cell sports cat with large unrestricted down pipe and non res piper cat back exhaust ,forge fmic full kit ,sfs supersize tip and uprated boost hoses ,hope yhis helps im soon going k280 hybrid ,which includes flowed exh mani ,bam injectors,uprated f/pump and custom map ,im after 280 bhp 280 tq

thanks for your help if you don't mind me asking do you know how much  your injectors are having a few problems getting a stage 2 remap done all the hard work fmic,sportscat+exhaust uprated turbo.cold air intake guy just wont tune it to stage 2 says it needs a custom remap injectors would have to go directly to shark in nottingha.m  

Hi vee8essie , what turbo are you running ? If hybrid yes you will need larger injectors , mine are still standard but going hybrid later this year so I will need to change injectors , yes your man is correct if changing injectors they will need to be mapped when you install them ie custom map on rollers at shark or agent , stage 2 is a standard turbo ko3s and no need for injector change at this point .

The most important bit of plugs is to make sure you have matched them heat wise to your engine. Everything else is just how often you want to be changing them for durability really. If you don't match the heat of the engine to the plugs you'll risk having bits break off the plug and ending up in the cylinder, making for a really bad day.

Sent from my S5 using Tapatalk

HI thanks for your help the turbo is a k03 turbo dynamics they say its good for 300 bhp so I will have to find some injectors any suggestions they would be welcome it has also been mentioned that a up rated fuel pump would be needed so will have to start looking