Scan logs

16502 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62) 

P0118 - 35-10 - Signal too High  - Intermittent

16514 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1 

P0130 - 35-00 - Malfunction in Circuit

17584 - Bank1: O2 (Lambda) Correction Behind Catalyst 

P1176 - 35-10 - Control Limit Reached - Intermittent

16554 - Fuel Trim; Bank 1 

P0170 - 35-10 - Malfunction - Intermittent

17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer 

P1570 - 35-10 -  - Intermittent

18043 - Powertrain Data Bus 

P1635 - 35-10 - Missing Message from A/C Controller - Intermittent

Does this means that I will have to replace both O2 sensors(before and after catalyst) and the immobilizer ?

I wouldn't worry about the immobiliser code. It's pretty common for it to come up. Mine had it and I cleared the code and it hasn't come back.

16502 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62) 
            P0118 - 35-10 - Signal too High  - Intermittent
16554 - Fuel Trim; Bank 1 
            P0170 - 35-10 - Malfunction - Intermittent
17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer 
            P1570 - 35-10 -  - Intermittent
18043 - Powertrain Data Bus 
            P1635 - 35-10 - Missing Message from A/C Controller - Intermittent

Does this means that I will have to replace both O2 sensors(before and after catalyst) and the immobilizer ?

Nope, looks like just the ECT sensor needs replacing and the precat lambda probe wiring or the probe itself if no wiring fault is found, the postcat is moaning because the cat is all sooted up due to the engine running far too rich. Fix these, clear everything, reset the ECU and take the car for a long hard drive somewhere up the motorway to cook the cat and lambda probes clean.

Hello, again. I changed the ECT sensor today and deleted the existing errors from ECU. After 5 minutes, no errors were logged though. Can you tell after how much time will that errors get back there if the problems are still there?

I asked you this because yesterday I scaned it, deleted the errors and today were already there again.

A couple of weeks ago, after I ran out of the city for a country drive (about 500km), I noticed some yellow-ish (sticky, it doesn't seem to be coolant) coating on the radiator hoses - I attached a picture, not a real one, but I rounded the areas. Also, I noticed some smoke coming from the lower left side of the engine, somewhere from the accessories belt area. My nose-metter says they are from exahaust, my mecanic said it might be burned oil somehere from a faulty oil scal ring, that it's changed along with the timing gear. Do you have any ideas about this ?

L.E.: May I ask you to attach a picture with the original oil filling cap for the 1.4mpi engine  ? When I removed the temp sensor and the engine cover had to be unmounted, I saw that my oil cap is fixed only on the engine cover and there is a slight space (3-5mm) between the plastic cover and the actual filling hole from the motor. I think I am missing one part from there...

post-114013-0-02206700-1398449896_thumb.png

Edited by Alexandru

L.E.: May I ask you to attach a picture with the original oil filling cap for the 1.4mpi engine  ? When I removed the temp sensor and the engine cover had to be unmounted, I saw that my oil cap is fixed only on the engine cover and there is a slight space (3-5mm) between the plastic cover and the actual filling hole from the motor. I think I am missing one part from there...

There is supposed to be a rubber sealing ring (33) part number 047103487 between the cover and filler hole and a seal on the cap (32).

untitled.png

I think that rubber sealing ring is missing.

Have you had a problem with water coming somewhere from under the dashboard, in the right side, after a car wash or heavy rain ? I had this problem twice. The air vent was making a weird noise and when steering to the left, there was more water coming out from under the dashboard. I checked the draining holes that are near the shock absorbers bolt nuts (left and right) and they are not blocked. Should I remove the plastic from under the screen wipers and check that area?

Should I remove the plastic from under the screen wipers and check that area?

Yes, sounds like a good idea but you'll need some new clips because they usually break. Part number N90911301

images.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@TMB - do you have the part number for item 32 from your diagram ? pretty please ? :)

Item 32  06A103483D

Or complete new oil cap   06B103485C

:)

Thank you! That two parts were missing for some reasons.

I 'upgraded' my car with those today (06A103483D+047103487). Maybe next week I will make some time to clean the engine, engine cover and the coolant hoses..really hope this solved my problem.

My next investment will be in 2 front shock absorbers (left one has an efficiency of 42% and the one from the right corner has 59%, pretty messed up) and the O2 sensor before the catalystic converter. 

Edited by Alexandru

@Lee - I removed the plastic under the windscreen, it was full of dirt there and there was a blocked hole (there is a rubber pipe comming from there to somewhere in the engine bay to drain the water from the under the wipers compartiment).

This is why water was getting into the passenger side, under the dashboard, through the air vent. It rained a lot last days, my car is still dry inside.

Bad news, I replaced the old o2 sensor (lambda probe before the catalytic converter), with a brand new Bosch one. After I erased the ECU errors, I did about 30km in 2nd and 3rd gears, to clean up the exhaust pipes and to warm up the catalyst, nothing less than 2500-3000rpm and after this I checked again for errors, and they were back. (please see bellow)

I also did a test for the exhaust fumes, and the results are the following: HC<100, lambda, a little low, 0.97-0.98 idle, 0.96 at 2500rpm, CO >1, somewhere about 1.3m which is huge.

My sparkplugs were replaced about 5000km ago with NKG set, also the air, fuel and oil filter at the same time. What should I check next ? Should I ask Santa for a new catalytic converter?   :nerd:

These are the errors reported by VCDS (again):

If there is a 'Malfunction in Circuit', which wires should I check ? Do you have diagram or something like this ?  It was a way too frustrating day. I don't have any warning lights on the dashboard, the engine runs well, starts well, revs and pulls great also, I got a fuel consumption of 10L/100km for city driving with AC on and when driving on the motorway, I got somewhere about 5-6L/100Km.
I have a new apointment tomorrow at the local Skoda dealer, wish me luck.
Edited by Alexandru