My "marmite" Yeti

2 options for fixing. One is to use a mastic - something like silkoflex, the other is to use trim tape.

Won't be changing the mirrors to black - they're staying silver to match the front airdam, side skirts, rear diffuser & boot lip protector.

• Like 1

Will report on the spray in a few days - but my initial thoughts are that I'm not expecting it to have made much/any difference.

• Like 1

Today's mod.... out with the vest holder & in with a far more useful underseat drawer under the driver seat.

2wcqgzp.jpg

Fairly simple to fit - just unbolted the seat frame first to give easier access to the underside of the seat - 3 screws into pre-existing threaded holes and jobs a good-un!

Already been filled with my detritus!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks but it's candy white!must be the light,,!

Think 137699 was on about the silver roof bars and not the candy white colour of your car. They do add a different touch other than the all black ones

• Like 1

No mod today - but after covering 9700 miles in just 4 months it went in for it's first service today - in & out in 4 hours - no advisories & all covered under the 3 year free servicing.

Hopefully the next 9700 miles will take a little longer to rack up!

I quite doe like this, some nice touches going on. Particularly liking the black upper body, I would possibly look to blacking the door mirrors. I like the piano black centre trim though again  Iwould do the same to the aluminium to tie it in. Not wishing to reignite the vRS badging debate, It has the right engine and box though its a shame the 184 engine isn't available. vRS cars are pretty much badge engineered anyhow, with the largest available engine, a few trim changes and slightly lower and firmer suspension. A bit unfair to make comparisions with a oem modding approach and a fully modded car like bossfox's.

Looking to get a Yeti next year not keen on the conservative L&K look, though this does it for me.

Great work, nice one.

I like the contrast between the alu dash trim & the piano black centre console. Superskoda do aluminium effect centre consoles and I did consider that but I considered having 2 contrasting colours would look better.

I did also consider changing the wing mirrors but I have quite a lot of silver on the outside (front/rear bumper lower sections & sill mouldings) so I think the silver on the wing mirrors keeps the theme in context.

In other news... A milestone was passed today - in just 4 & a half months since we took delivery on 1st March we have now covered 10,000 highly enjoyable & very reliable miles.

• 1 month later...

TBH still resisting the temptation to get it remapped. I have not found the performance wanting as yet.

And then there is the thorny issue of invalidating warranty if I do map it.

Have you looked at the CRt+ units from DTUK? Impressive gains without the warranty issue.

Using a tuning box doesn't avoid the warranty issue - it's just not as easy to spot. The warranty isn't voided with a remap unless the thing that goes wrong is directly attributable to the effect of the remap. Not an easy decision either way - it took me two years to make my mind up (and that's with having the extended warranty)!

• Like 1

I am considering a DTUK tuning box as an addition - another member has kindly offered me a ride in his CR170 with tuning box so I can decide whether to go down this route.

In other news... 12,000 miles now passed!

• Like 1