Blyton Park Track day - 3rd August - From

ColinD

• Administrators

As a keystone of our national meeting this year, we're headed to Blyton Park. BRISKODA was founded by enthusiasts driving our SKODA briskly, it's baked into our name:

Pronounced “bris-skoda”, a brisk skoda, a Skoda driven in a spirited or “brisk” manner.

Here's your chance to enhance your personal driving skill on a dedicated driver development circuit and it's far cheaper than an SP50/60. It's a very low price for the time of year and a fantastic opportunity to have a qualified race instructor give you advice on how enhance your driving, corner, brake, balance, wait, power... you get the idea.

It's all at Blyton Park Driving Centre on August 3rd.

The following pricing exists:

Full day Open Pit £100. Buy

AM session £60. Buy

PM session £50. Buy 

Taster Session £20 ( 30 mins ). CALL

Qualified Instructor £30 for 20mins on track. Book

Book the track day here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/store/category/12-events/

or for all other options, questions, please call 0114 360 2 180 (office hours)  or 07900 826 101 (anytime)

On the day purchases will be possible. Please find me and be at briefing room before 9am. On the day purchases are cash only.

Want win one of two free passes***?

Check out this post: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/313454-blyton-park-track-day-3rd-august-from/page-10?p=3873867#entry3873867 

About The Track Day

The track day is an open pit lane setup, this means you can come and go pretty much as you need to.

It's a popular venue and used by the likes of Evo and Autoexpress to do car testing/reviews. Great surface and lots of open space to run off to. Track days are an idea way to discover more about your ability and that of your car. 

It's hired with full marshalling and medical/insurance. Motorsport is dangerous, but so is crossing the road. Here we're all going in the same direction under supervision with medical cover on site.

Not feeling confident?

We'll have some instructors if you want to learn some car control in a very safe environment.

There will be a dedicated 1st timer/novices session (20mins) early on in the morning.

Sign on from 7:30, Briefing 9:00 ( very prompt ), Sighting laps 9:30, Lunch 13:00, Finish 17:00

Book instructors time here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/store/category/12-events/

Circuit map

Three configurations exist, we'll probably be using Outer Circuit, but can discuss.

circuit1.jpg

Note some new tarmac between Ushers and wiggler means there are at least 3 possible layouts. Pretty sure we'll focus on Twickers> Jochen > Ump > Lancaster > Wiggler > Bishops > Bunga Bunga, Froid, Ushers and back to Twickers. We can make it more twisty if the day is set to be about learning.

Noise test is 105Db active monitor @20m... play it safe, assume 95Db at 3/4qtrs tip measure. Concerned, give me a call.

You will need to bring:

Full UK driving license photo card + paper copy.

long sleeve t shirt, or arm covering equivalent.

helmet, open face, or full face. Can also be hired on the day.

*** free passes are raffle, ticket purchase will be refunded if minimum numbers are met. 20 for 1 pass, 30 for 2 passes.

• 3 weeks later...

Will do my very best to be there and on track, if only to line up on track alongside Dave's (Sharkrider's) Estate again

It is a touch close to How Fast though, will have to really do some sweet talking (grovelling)  with SWMBO.

On the up side, less of a travel than Castle Combe

• Like 1

I like blyton, done 2 trackdays there,

Ill hopefully be booking once i get paid, altho not sure what car ill be doing it in as i might have sold my vrs by then

I am hoping to be theere.

If I am I'll certainly take track time.

But juggling family comitments with two young children, a holiday that will have to be cut short as it's the week immediately before and three or more hour drive each way with a trailer.

• Administrators

It is the national meet too :)

Same place same date.

I don't want people turning up at the national thinking they can just pop out on track. hence the quasi split brain promotion.

I'll edit my posts again :)

Timing wise it's the only date that worked. Ok let me re-clarify,

it's the only date I could get a venue with a track for hire for less than 12k. Even booking early Jan.

That was North of the M4 and south of Glasgow.... i.e. middleish.  

That didn't clash with something already in place on here.

A major sporting event that meant Skoda UK would not support at all, ie. anything in July due to cycling. 

A weekend in summer.

A major motoring thing, like Goodwood.

I've binned an Alps climbing trip, dates clashed. Amazing how few venues and dates there are in July and August/September. Probably why many car rallies occur this time of year. but then you're picking over those dates too... all over the country, hard to juggle.

Lots to consider, be good regardless :) It will be sunny in Lincolnshire... I've got a locals word on it :)

• 3 weeks later...

very tempted.... but need a helmet first, oh and maybe a bung for the exhaust :wonder:  I have no idea how loud it actually is on the outside...

I'm guessing I'll probably be lining up next to Sharky and Sparkly It will be fun turning the barge into Bunga Bunga

• Like 1

I found my helmet on amazon for £35 odd.

Very tempted to book now, but think I will have to wait until the end of the month. Timing belt and water pump getting changed Monday

• Like 1

August is looking like a busy track month, Blyton on the 3rd and we have How Fast on the 14th at Bedford.

Really looking forward to Blyton, never been on track there and with the Brisky mega meet also running it will make for a good day out. 

• Like 1

very tempted.... but need a helmet first, oh and maybe a bung for the exhaust :wonder:  I have no idea how loud it actually is on the outside...

I'm guessing I'll probably be lining up next to Sharky and Sparkly It will be fun turning the barge into Bunga Bunga

will be very interesting to see how your fast audi (barge though it is) compairs!

Helmets?  Full Face or Open Face?  Is there a minimum standard required? or will ECE do?

I have an open face helmet, got from amazon for about £35...

I found my helmet on amazon for £35 odd.

Very tempted to book now, but think I will have to wait until the end of the month. Timing belt and water pump getting changed Monday

Get it booked Charlie! a bargin price for a whole track day! :o

Booked!  I will be there with the Golf, looking forward to it  :happy:

excellent :)

Booked

Decided if my car is playing up the Mrs will be forced to part with her keys for the fabia.

This could be quite a challenge.

wow! I would love to see you drive the fabia in anger on a track! (*runs from leanne...)