skoda yeti 1.2tsi dsg mpg?

adrian130980

Hi 

Im looking to buy a skoda, the yeti 1.2 dsg has a great lease deal but i am not sure what mpg is realistic

i am torn between the 1.2 and the 2.0 diesel

if anyone owns a petrol dsg and can help that would be great

thanks

adrian

Hi 

Im looking to buy a skoda, the yeti 1.2 dsg has a great lease deal but i am not sure what mpg is realistic

i am torn between the 1.2 and the 2.0 diesel

if anyone owns a petrol dsg and can help that would be great

thanks

adrian

Had mine 3 weeks, first tank 35.5 mpg, expecting nearer 40 this time around with a mix of town and A road driving.

When it is a bit less 'tight' i would expect up to 42 mpg as an average.

Hi

Had mine for 12 months now average around town 37 , on long runs brim to brim got 46mpg.great motor good to drive very agile,

My best skoda yet,enjoy

I think you should expect around 38 - 39 mpg. (no boy racer driving).

We find you have to be very light footed and keep under 65 mph to achieve much

above 40 on a longer run (motorway or similar). 

In this case maybe 42 mpg. Above 65 mph and you quickly see low 30's (30-34) maybe.

The maxidot reading seems to overstate the mpg by 1-2 mpg compared with brim to brim in

my experience.

Manual or DSG doesn't appear to make much difference in results achieved.

Edited by kibby

After 18,500 miles I have averaged 40.5 MPG in a 1.2 Tsi DSG. Decision really depends on what kind of motoring you do. If you spend much of the time on long motorway journeys then go with the diesel. If, like me, you do less than 10 - 12,000 miles per annum and your driving is a mixture of urban, rural and some motorways then the 1.2 is a great buy. Horses for courses!

You won't have seen them but there have been several previous similar threads with similar replies to match.  I've said before  - and will say again - the second readout on my Maxidot always says 36mpg.  The first readout varies much more (obviously enough) but tends to support what is, in fact, the actual mpg as per the brimming method of calculation - almost always averaging 35mpg or a shade more.  Fairly mixed driving - bit of local, bit of A road, little bit of motorway. and always taking it easy - never thrashing it beyond occasionally exercising it to clear the tubes a bit.  Mileage 13,000 in three years would indicate not vast distances so you'd expect more if the mileage was a bit higher.  I'd consider a diesel if the only auto version happened to be so...ie the Qashqai...but, realistically, the 1.2 is ideal for lower mileage use and it's a cracker and I love it.

PS. Forgot to say hello and welcome.

Edited by oldstan

Mine's averaging 35 mpg, less than I anticipated. I do have a hilly drive to work and hills kill the MPG.

40+ mpg is very optimistic.

Agreed...I've never seen an actual 40mpg when filling up.

Agreed...I've never seen an actual 40mpg when filling up.

36 mpg actual, not the cars reading which usually says 38 mpg. Never had over 38 mpg actual even on longer runs.

I have checked my mileage on a brimful-to-brimfull basis since new and my true average is 40.5 MPG. I generally drive briskly but cautiously and use the cruise control a lot - in my experience cruise control definitely aids fuel consumption. Mind you it is easy to drive consumption up to mid 30's by more enthusiastic driving and higher speed  motorway cruising. Secret is to keep it smooth!

• Like 1

Hi Adrian 

I have the 1.2 DSG. A 2011 model year and now approaching three and a half years old with a little over 12,000 miles on the clock.

The cars MPG definitely improves as you get a few miles on the clock. There are small but significant improvements in the MPG at 3K and again at 5K

With a real mixture of driving (Motorway / A roads / country lanes and plenty of hills) I consistently return 40+ on full-to-full fills and mostly on journeys of 12/15 miles. I find using Shell V-Plus fuel improves the MPG slightly and the engine definitely runs smoother. The increase in MPG easily offsets the additional cost of the fuel! (Just my opinion before someone tries to shout me down!)

Using full to full readings, my worst MPG = 37.670 MPG. Best = 46.757 MPG. Driven carefully, I have seen 52.8 on the maxi-dot on one or two runs.

The engine and gearbox combination is sheer joy! Even after three and a half years, it never fails to put a smile on my face   :)

Happy motoring.................Tony

hi

thanks again for the honest advice

we've decided and ordered the yeti in elegance with the 1.2 dsg box and in jungle green!

only got a few extras

side airbag curtain

tinted windows

gobi leather

seat trays

cannot wait till she arrives

i have always liked the skoda yeti and another plus is my daughter (aged 4`)  thinks its a cool name!

adrian

Hi Adrian

Congrats on the yeti purchase. Had our 1.2 DSG for 3 months and love it. You might want to get hold of a seat back protector as you have a little one. We find our 2 year old scuffs the back of the front seat due to the raised rear seats. Luckily the leather easily wipes clean.