Auto Express Driver Power survey - Citigo straight in at number 2

fatbelly

I've just seen the latest Auto Express survey. Online version here:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/86712/best-cars-to-own-in-2014

This is the first year the Citigo has appeared and it's only the rating for performance that means it fails to take the number one slot from the Yeti. It is the highest rated small car, and the best overall for running costs.

This isn't an exact science though, as the Up! also makes its first appearance - at number 22!

• Like 1

Been eagerly awaiting my copy to be delivered but the mail around here is rubbish(the postman didnt' even bother turning up today),but good to see the Citigo making such a good showing at the first attempt.

I guess a lot is down to expectations too. Spend 10K on a car & you excuse a few niggles. Spend 30K on the latest beemer and you complain about every minor squeek & rattle & slate it in surveys!

I'd doubt that. In my experience the biggest moaners are the ones who buy the cheaper motors. The truth is probably a bit of both.

What suprises me is all the cars that are 'Car of the year 2015' by so many individual mags (how can it be when we are still in april?) are way down the list?