LED Number plate lights

DavidJN

Well not sure if this will be a helpful guide as it's a pretty simple job, but non the less . . . .

First remove the current bulb holder with a T10 bitba8atyby.jpggedumu2y.jpg

Then replace the current bulb with your choice of replacement. Mine was a 39mm led festoon. Was a squeeze but it fits in like soa9ebe5u7.jpg

After that reattach in the same manner and it will look like so...... (left standard - right is led)ny5unyhu.jpg

Jobs a goodone!

Day time view . . . e5esyry6.jpg

Then the completed articlezede4y6e.jpg

OEM Fresh! Hope this helps if any one was wondering

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Is this to make it harder or easier for the number plate to be read?

The pictures make it look harder to read, but in the flesh it is probably a little bit easier to read the plate.

. . . . Not that that is why I changed the bulbs. Just prefer the crisp white look compared to the dull yellow standard ones.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by DavidJN
  • Like 1

Nice update and LED's look great. Generally the clean whiter look is what i go for on my cars.

Overall - doesn't improve readability of the plate; as the LED's typically offer less dispersion of light.

Just keep an eye on those 39mm festoons - they look a little strained in the connector/socket.

Dependent on how stiff the ride is on your car - you may find the solder/PCB track sheer at some point.

I have some evidence of this on past installs - that's all.

Type you have installed is the 5050-type LED; i would highly recommend the 5630-type.... more compact and brighter.  :thumbup:

Edited by samuir1974
  • Like 1