Lowered on 35 H&Rs today (pic)

Made up. Been unsure about this as really wanted to keep this car standard. But man, just sits way too high! What where Skoda thinking? I do 400miles a week, and the amount of normal cars I see sitting lower than me is madness!

Anyway, gone with the H&R on my standard 40,000 mile shocks. Drives beautiful, it's actually smoother, less bangy and harsh. I'm happy on standard shocks, 11 years motoring, 6 cars all have been lowered on standard shocks.. All be fine.

Anyway... Pic! Love how it sits now! Not too low, just right. No spacers on rear either, Awesome GTi did full set up after, rear wheels seem to sit straighter now and fronts look more tucked inboard?? (Yes.. I had Awesome fit them.. I can do myself, but just fancied a pro fit and setup)

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

Edited by MCD
  • Like 3

Looks good, suprisingly it's lowered very well too, I'm looking at h&r but they seem to not give the desired drop. This had just given me hope.

I will have a 35mm H&R cup kit up for sale soon. Been on car for 2 months... PM me if interested. :)

Mine is lowered on H&R -50mm springs which lowers the vRS by 35mm. Unfortunately that killed my standard dampers so I've just fitted Bilstein B8's. Best thing I've done so far! Obviously harder than the standard ride but it feels very dampened when hitting bumps; as opposed to the 'crashy,' standard set-up.

Mine is lowered on H&R -50mm springs which lowers the vRS by 35mm. Unfortunately that killed my standard dampers so I've just fitted Bilstein B8's. Best thing I've done so far! Obviously harder than the standard ride but it feels very dampened when hitting bumps; as opposed to the 'crashy,' standard set-up.

I'm looking at the h&r comfort kit, have you got any pics of yours?

I'm honestly of the opinion, slight lowering, 20-30mm is fine on standard shocks on a performance model. My old vectra sri cdti XP ran eibachs and standard shocks for 65,000 miles never an issue. So my vrs plus what is in effect a 20mm drop on standard shocks will be fine. Indeed, it already rides nice with less harshness.

But I agree, anything more needs shocks upgrade. I remember on my '99 V6 Gsi.. Was fine on 25mm eibachs... I tried 50mm PI springs on it and it just turned into a bouncy rattling night mate so changed back

I had my Bilstein/Eibach 30mm kit fitted last week and the difference is massive. I also fitted new drop links and powerflex anti roll bar bushes all round so now the car handles like it's on rails. Standard the car stands way to high compared to other makes on the road, odd when they have Sport suspension from the factory!

I am waiting on my H&R -50mm kit arriving. End of next week hopefully. Got a whiteline RARB to fit too. Cant wait. Pictures would be good Stu08.

Edited by FatblokeVRS

Good to hear I'm not alone! I love the ride quality, feels special now... Prob in my head, but braking feels sharper, acceleration more satisfying... Just feels like what I expected a VRS to drive like. Was good before.. But looove it now!

I Honestly don't know? I had started to think my car was the highest of all and that other octavias sat lower? Can't understand why such a sport model should sit so high. Mines come done a long way, defo the 25mm.. Poss more? Not as much at the back. It's subtley nose down, but I like that as I don't have spacers on the rear... So looks balanced. They are the right springs though as checked weights.

I had a full setup after fitting, my front wheels now look further in, rears further out..just what I wanted. The car is bang on what I wanted now.

Edited by MCD

No yours looks fine now, I'm just interested as to why every hatch I've seen sits higher than mine.

Think your lucky then mate? That said, i think the estate has a slightly better standard stance. The other thing is, does your have the dealer option Eibachs on it? I read some came with them as standard...

Think your lucky then mate? That said, i think the estate has a slightly better standard stance. The other thing is, does your have the dealer option Eibachs on it? I read some came with them as standard...

how can you tell if the eibach are fitted ?

I Honestly don't know? I had started to think my car was the highest of all and that other octavias sat lower? Can't understand why such a sport model should sit so high. Mines come done a long way, defo the 25mm.. Poss more? Not as much at the back. It's subtley nose down, but I like that as I don't have spacers on the rear... So looks balanced. They are the right springs though as checked weights.

I had a full setup after fitting, my front wheels now look further in, rears further out..just what I wanted. The car is bang on what I wanted now.

If you don't mind me asking how much was the full set up from Awesome? I have the estate but having seen some fitted with Eibachs I can't see much difference to standard your drop looks spot on though, like the number plate too.

• Like 1

Are the hatches naturally higher than the estates? Mine looks that low and is completely standard (bought ex demo from dealer)

I was thinking exactl;y the same. My estate looks as low, possibly lower than that on the std springs....and no not because I've got a couple of bags of spuds in the boot!

Eibachs are a strange one and Mike will know this too from his Vectra days but alot that fitted -30mm springs on their v6's were disappointed in the outcome. IIRC there were 3 different weight spring options (front) and when I bought a 2nd hand set they were listed as v6 spec but I knew from the pt number that I was actually getting the next weight down and as it turned out the drop was perfect when fitted. Wondering if the same applies to the Octavia,in that Eibach seem to have their 'wieghts' a bit wrong so to speak.