Columbus and a TV Tuner

I know that superb with Columbus could come with tv tuner as an option, but when i asked my dealer if in Oct/III this could be an option, he told me that's not an option and that the Superb Columbus it's not the same Columbus as we have in Oct/III.

Hope to find here someone that has made this a reality in Oct/III!

• 9 months later...

My March 2010 superb2 estate has the Columbus with TV tuner but it came fitted from new. I have no idea what spec it is compared to an Octy phase3 car but happy to try and offer help if you have questions. Mine is also a Swiss market car so might be a bit different to a UK market one (but who knows?!). Only had it a week so playing...and the TV tuner is great fun :)

Dave

Does anyone have some information on this?

The L&K that was showcased at Geneva a year ago had a TV tuner with the MIB Columbus (not the same as the RNS-510 Columbus in the Superb).

Haven't seen it offered as an option though in the UK.

Then again, it was also a 184PS DSG 4x4 version, and that combination only seems to exist in the Scout in the UK.

Not direct answer but Am i right in thinking with the correct cable, video can be played from iPhone to columbus, if so maybe possible to show streamed content such as iplayer or live tv via 'Filmon live' or similar app - but clearly that requires good 4G and use of data package (thinking maybe useful in emergency kids stressed Cbeebies situation) or tapping into someones wifi 

Edited by Exeterj

Not direct answer but Am i right in thinking with the correct cable, video can be played from iPhone to columbus, if so maybe possible to show streamed content such as iplayer or live tv via 'Filmon live' or similar app - but clearly that requires good 4G and use of data package (thinking maybe useful in emergency kids stressed Cbeebies situation) or tapping into someones wifi 

That would be awesome! I often watch streaming TV and netflix on my phone while waiting in the car.

Translate this page from German to English. it's for a VW Golf but the same sat nav unit, this page also has some info on the Octavia if you check down the left hand side of the screen 

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stemei.de%2Fpages%2Fcoding%2Fvw-golf-7%2Fdiscover-pro-tv-freischaltung.php

• 9 months later...