Skodafest - 25th May 2014

skodanorman

2014 Skodafest

Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 6DH

Sunday 25th May

Set in the majestic grounds of Stanford Hall, the annual Skodafest offers an excellent opportunity for owners and fans alike to meet, swap stories and admire the cars on display. Organised by the Skoda Owners’ Club GB and now in it’s second year, the event is open to Skodas of all ages and aims to bring together an eclectic range of models from throughout the marque’s long history.

Additionally, the event is open to any other Cold War Era vehicles. With a laid back atmosphere the event is a perfect opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the best kept and rarest Skoda models in the country. Furthermore Stanford Hall offers great amenities for the whole family with an excellent cafe and toilets. An £8 per person entrance fee gains grounds and house entrance. But with so much to see outside, who’s interested on what’s inside?

Gates open from 10:30! 

For more information, please see the event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/542356975862333/

10274098_10154148496105145_3212165517579

• Like 2

I think the event might only show for group members as it doesn't show for me - I just see this seasons races at Harewood Speed Hillclimb :)

It's very tempting but we're already on holiday that week. Hope it goes well.

Oh sorry chaps. I didn't realise Facebook only let group members see the page. How annoying. It doesn't say much beyond what is on here to be honest.

No need to book in. Just turn up, pay the entrance fee (which goes to the estate not the Club) and enjoy the day.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It's just a gathering of Skoda's, old and new, and owners, there will be a few people selling spares, mainly for the older Skodas. Well worth attending, always a good day, even the weather is normally good. 

do you all meet up before you go in and then all park in the same place , or just drive around the grounds and see where the others have parked

Sorry boys and girls. Been very busy lately and haven't replied sufficiently to this thread. Please see some answers to questions below.

Looks interesting, though I've already got a big choice of things to go to that weekend :(

It is hard to plan events in such a way that they don't clash with something. Hopefully you can make it. 

Skoda fest not at dubs mania this year then i guess?

Dubs Mania is separate show and the two aren't linked. Which is good for the Skoda show calendar. 

what time does skoda fest start 

10am the gates open.

do you all meet up before you go in and then all park in the same place , or just drive around the grounds and see where the others have parked

Upon arrival at Stanford Hall (clearly signposted from the M6/M1), you pay your entrance fee at the main gate and drive up the big drive. The show is on the lawn in front of the house and it will be marshalled and signposted where to park. There is no formal parking plan; just park up, relax and enjoy. 

It's just a gathering of Skoda's, old and new, and owners, there will be a few people selling spares, mainly for the older Skodas. Well worth attending, always a good day, even the weather is normally good. 

^ WHS. Skoparts International will have a stand selling a variety of parts and I know several Club members are bringing parts with them to sell on the day. 

Is there show n shine or does everybody just show there cars for a massive meet.

All Skodas are welcome and all are on show. The show has a relaxed ethos about it and hopefully you'll find that to be an endearing characteristic of the show. 

I think I am coming with my son.

With free choice he is currently leaning towards the Fantasy Green Fabia with the dent in the back...

• Like 3