Who's around Cornwall?

Leon-y-k

OH! BOTHER..

Looks like I won't be attending the proposed meet,(14th September) the boys in white got me in to check the old ticker as the timings-out-a-bit... LOL

Hope some of you do have a get together..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just found this thread, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of enthusiasm about but I would be interested in meeting other Skoda owners  I'm in St Blazey Gate and am retired.  On my third Octy Elegance and crying in my beer about this one I ordered it with ACC and every goody that I could think of (apart from heated seats) it seems to have arrived without the good stuff, apparently there was a shortage and all the bits went to Audi and VW.  Such is life!

• Like 1

Hi,

Just found this thread, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of enthusiasm about but I would be interested in meeting other Skoda owners  I'm in St Blazey Gate and am retired.  On my third Octy Elegance and crying in my beer about this one I ordered it with ACC and every goody that I could think of (apart from heated seats) it seems to have arrived without the good stuff, apparently there was a shortage and all the bits went to Audi and VW.  Such is life!

Your story sounds as though Skoda literally took you for a ride, hope dealer didn't get your extra cash with Skoda by not coming-up with the ordered goods.

If that happened to me then sorry I politely would state not happy, cancel the order due to failure with Skoda..

It's like settling for second best..??

Seems like yourself and me as retired folk have any time-off to meet-up, whilst others are working on the meeting date.. I tried and failed to get at least one other member to turn-up ............

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Camborne, always up for a meet!

I think I have seen you about, usually travelling in the opposite direction though.

I'm at St Martins Terrace, Camborne.

I have a 10 year old Fabia ending reg. ETF.

Getting more than us would be good for a little chin wag, but still game anyhow, perhaps over a coffee at the big Tesco or Morrisons?

• 6 months later...

Celtic tuning has moved from roche to that place just before newquay with the rail crossing they did a stage 1 remap on my fabia vrs thought it was fast before now its unbelievable dream to drive

• Like 1

Celtic tuning has moved from roche to that place just before newquay with the rail crossing they did a stage 1 remap on my fabia vrs thought it was fast before now its unbelievable dream to drive

Got a postcode, as I can't think what place before Newquay with a railway crossing, as only 'Quintrell Downs' springs to mind, with any railway.

I suppose it depends on from where you are approaching Newquay? 

Thanks..

Celtic Tuning Ltd
Unit 3a, Quintrell downs Business Park, West Road,Newquay, Cornwall,
TR8 4DS,
United Kingdom (UK)

(0)1637 875 209

Edited by Carlo diesel

I'm in Camborne, always up for a meet!

I think I used to see your vRS nearly on a weekly basis when I had my yellow one too!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I've posted my hello in the Hellos and Goodbyes section of the forum. I'm thinking of buying an Octavia VRS estate and I always like to share views and chat with fellow owners of cars on well managed forums like this one.

If I buy the Octavia I'll get some photos on here and perhaps see some of the South West owners on my travels. I'm driving an Audi A3 2.0 TDI, a car I've really enjoyed having but it's time to move on now. I also own a Porsche 968 Coupe which is slowly emerging out of hibernation for the Summer. Give me a flash if you see me out in that. I might try taking it up to a Speed Hill Climb day near Salisbury later in the year, I think any make of car can be entered. If anyone's interested I'll dig out details.

Does anyone know who owns the rally-graphiced White Octavia VRS (possibly MkI) in Praze-an-Beeble that's always parked next to the St Aubyn's Arms pub? It never seems to be gone from its parking space but it looks well cared for despite that. I drive through there a lot as I live nearby.

I've posted my hello in the Hellos and Goodbyes section of the forum. I'm thinking of buying an Octavia VRS estate and I always like to share views and chat with fellow owners of cars on well managed forums like this one.

If I buy the Octavia I'll get some photos on here and perhaps see some of the South West owners on my travels. I'm driving an Audi A3 2.0 TDI, a car I've really enjoyed having but it's time to move on now. I also own a Porsche 968 Coupe which is slowly emerging out of hibernation for the Summer. Give me a flash if you see me out in that. I might try taking it up to a Speed Hill Climb day near Salisbury later in the year, I think any make of car can be entered. If anyone's interested I'll dig out details.

Does anyone know who owns the rally-graphiced White Octavia VRS (possibly MkI) in Praze-an-Beeble that's always parked next to the St Aubyn's Arms pub? It never seems to be gone from its parking space but it looks well cared for despite that. I drive through there a lot as I live nearby.

Yes I know the car and fella, (forgotten his name) attached some photos.

The tallest fella wearing glasses is the owner, whereas the guy extreme left (bald head) with NY coat is me.

I live in Camborne behind the old now redundant firestation.

post-19613-0-93287400-1464597316_thumb.jpg

post-19613-0-43655300-1464597330_thumb.jpg

post-19613-0-54081800-1464597344_thumb.jpg

Edited by giandougl
  • Like 1

His Octavia doesn't seem to go on the road much, good to see such a great location as Godrevy for a photo. One of mine here from an early morning brekkie run to the Lizard I went on a while back. Some others went all the way down to the café at Polveor(?) cove

post-144386-0-16533000-1464599809_thumb.jpg

My car between Dodge Viper and Honda S2000. Lovely weather too at the moment and I'll hopefully go and see the vRS Iwant to buy later this week.

His Octavia doesn't seem to go on the road much, good to see such a great location as Godrevy for a photo. One of mine here from an early morning brekkie run to the Lizard I went on a while back. Some others went all the way down to the café at Polveor(?) cove

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

My car between Dodge Viper and Honda S2000. Lovely weather too at the moment and I'll hopefully go and see the vRS Iwant to buy later this week.

Photo looks to be taken at Portreath car park, near Camborne/Redruth, as I think the rock in the water I do recognise?

The photos I enclosed was a one-off rare meeting where some made an effort to turn-up.

There was another Skoda meeting a few years later where I tried to get some members together, but alas, it was only me that turned-up..LOL

Getting my 11 year-old Fabia MOT'd and serviced at Halfords at Pool this Friday, they got a special on, a major service including brake fluid change and an MOT for £267.00 inc.vat..

I thought price was good compared to Skoda at Helston for £360.00 and Glassons at Camborne £425.00..and for the very same thing !!!

Edited by giandougl

Photo looks to be taken at Portreath car park, near Camborne/Redruth, as I think the rock in the water I do recognise?

The photos I enclosed was a one-off rare meeting where some made an effort to turn-up.

There was another Skoda meeting a few years later where I tried to get some members together, but alas, it was only me that turned-up..LOL

Getting my 11 year-old Fabia MOT'd and serviced at Halfords at Pool this Friday, they got a special on, a major service including brake fluid change and an MOT for £267.00 inc.vat..

I thought price was good compared to Skoda at Helston for £360.00 and Glassons at Camborne £425.00..and for the very same thing !!!

Yes Portreath was one of the stops, took the scenic route in a loose convoy along N Coast to St Just and then round Mounts Bay to the Lizard. They do a great breakfast at the big cafe by the green! I'll keep my eye open for anything in the pipeline for a meet once I bag the Octavia vRS I'm after.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow's the pick-up day for my Octavia 3 vRS. I'm taking the train up to Bristol to meet the vendor. We've got an hour or two for the handover before I drive home (maybe a visit to Costco on the way!). Excited by my new car and where to take it. Thinking Brittany, Belgium (for Spa), maybe the Netherlands and possibly somewhere nice and wintry at Christmas. At first I expect it'll mainly be taking our bikes up to Cardinham and Lanhydrock! I'm probably going up to The Briskoda weekend at the British Motor Museum at the end of July after Culdrose AirDay.

Tomorrow's the pick-up day for my Octavia 3 vRS. I'm taking the train up to Bristol to meet the vendor. We've got an hour or two for the handover before I drive home (maybe a visit to Costco on the way!). Excited by my new car and where to take it. Thinking Brittany, Belgium (for Spa), maybe the Netherlands and possibly somewhere nice and wintry at Christmas. At first I expect it'll mainly be taking our bikes up to Cardinham and Lanhydrock! I'm probably going up to The Briskoda weekend at the British Motor Museum at the end of July after Culdrose AirDay.

Hope you are not disappointed in any-way with new wheels, try not to pick-up a speeding ticket on the way home, trying the new girl-out..LOL

Have I missed what colour car is?

No I'm not disappointed in the least. I was really excited getting the train up today and my first drive out from Bristol was very memorable. I kept it fairly sensible coming home. Saw a tidy blue Octavia 2 vRS estate at Chiverton then got stuck getting on to the roundabout. He was just turning off at Avers/Redruth when I caught up. Gave a flash but not sure he saw. I think it was 59 reg. Very nice looking car.

My car's silver, apparently with the optional Black kit option. It looks great from every angle. It's going to Crystal Valeting in Helston on Friday for a little bit of paint correction and to have a protection coat treatment. I don't normally use professional valeters-/detailers but it's got to be done to keep up it looking as good as it does now.

post-144386-0-06552300-1465951315_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pilotguy
  • Like 1

Picking the car up from the valeters this afternoon, looking forward to seeing the results. Mike was fairly dismissive of the quality of a dealer applied Lifeshine finish over the advanced one he uses. It's a a product made by Koch Chemie. I will take some photos this afternoon because it looks like the weather will be pants tomorrow. Pity because the International Sea Shanty Festival is on Sunday in Falmouth. Perhaps they'll just move into local pubs?!

I think I saw the saw blue Mk 2 vRS again at Hayle on Weds evening, missed the registration number though.