Octavia 3 III vRS front bumper removal - how to

xpower

Great guide and hell of a job to change a bulb - but shouldn't this be put in the Technical Guides section.  Also suggest adding 'indicator bulb' in the title if there is space so people can reference it easily

Awesome work.

I read that if you have Front Assistant radar this should be recalibrated when the bumper is removed. Does anyone know if it is true?

Great write up Xpower, cheers.

Better get used to removing that bumper, it's not going back to the dealer every time it blows a blub.

I've had the front bumper off my Passat and BMW before, they all look to be pretty much the same process.

Edited by Zzap

Great stuff indeed xpower. And there was I thinking it was only modern Renaults that suffered from this blight of non-accessible bulbs. How wrong I was. It makes me really cross that this is probably a piece of design by intent so most owners have to go scurrying to their dealer who will charge them about a tank's worth of fuel for the job. GGRRHH. :@

Fantastic guide, thanks for taking the time to put it together. Thank you.

I've already ranted elsewhere but it is absolutely insane that you have to remove the bumper to change a bulb!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

On my old Volvo C30 you just pulled a pin out and unplugged one electrical connector and the whole headlight assembly came free of the car -why oh why can other manufacturers not adopt something so simple.

On my old Volvo C30 you just pulled a pin out and unplugged one electrical connector and the whole headlight assembly came free of the car -why oh why can other manufacturers not adopt something so simple.

What you mean like Škoda did on the MKII Octavia?  :giggle:

Can I see some more pictures of that VRS in red, thinking about ordering a new VRS and originally was going to go for red but now swaying towards white, don't see many in red though, thanks Joel 

Can I see some more pictures of that VRS in red, thinking about ordering a new VRS and originally was going to go for red but now swaying towards white, don't see many in red though, thanks Joel

So after seeing mine you now want a white one? :-(

Red is great as it looks good with the darker wheels and doesn't show up the dirt as bad a white.

Also they are less common, hopefully it will look better when the windows are tinted a week Friday.

As with everything it is a personal choice though.

Plus it's a free colour :-D

red was my preferred to start, just about to go for test drive, i also have an A5 black edition in red, looks brilliant, be good to have them matching, agreed white a little common, swaying towards red again now lol

Thanks for the guide. Saved me hunting Around for bolts and clips when I changed my front grill to a black one. I couldn't for the life of me get the bolts closest to the headlight out though and ended up dropping the arch liners to gain access. Made it much easier getting the bolts back in too. Hats off to you for managing it though as I'm normally pretty good at fiddly stuff like that and I really struggled.

What you mean like Škoda did on the MKII Octavia?  :giggle:

Yea...thats when it was Simply Clever.....on O3 its Simply NOT Clever.

Mk2 headlamp out was a brilliant design.

• Like 1

red tdi hatch ordered last tuesday with sunset glass and black design pack, just before the price and spec increase which is a bonus  :rofl:

Just seen this write-up for the bumper removal… which is useful for many reasons.

Thanks xpower - informative, well written, clear and concise… and you can actually see what you're referring to in the photographs (ever tried following the ones in a Haynes manual)!

Errrr… you're not thinking of lowering your car with a set of H&R or Eibach's by any chance :rofl:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Very useful to know this. I have the exact same type car as this Skoda Octavia vRS 2ltr diesel. 

I hit a deer which flew out in front of me recently and damaged the two front grilles which I thought wasn't too bad. Bottom grille is €30 (good value tbh). Top grille can't be bought separate - seemingly comes part of the whole bumper. Surely this can;t be the case. The front grille is a relatively easy changeout. Skoda must be cashing in on this as it sounds bonkers to have the two parts as one.

I'd love to hear from anyone who knows. Thanks a million.