Jetex leveling

Afternoon all.I paid a visit to awsome gti yesterday in mancheste for a cat back jetex.Great bunch of folk,but the back box i think could be higher up? So i was wondering if there was any diffrerent type of mounting rubbers to make it higher??

Thanks in advance!

[/url]">http://IMG_0018.jpg

[/url]">http://http://s302.photobucket.com/user/lozzm1981/media/IMG_0019.jpg.html'>IMG_0019.jpg

I will try get you a picture of what I did with mine. But in short I cut two small slices in the hanger and put a stainless jubilee clip through to hold the rubber hanger up and it holds it perfectly in place. I put new rubbers on but they don't last as long as I'd like.

I will try get you a picture of what I did with mine. But in short I cut two small slices in the hanger and put a stainless jubilee clip through to hold the rubber hanger up and it holds it perfectly in place. I put new rubbers on but they don't last as long as I'd like.

I did something similar as mine sat a bit low. You could try a new rubber first, I just put a large jubilee clip around the hanger and the rubber mounting you can then tighten it till it's at the right position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random question but I don't suppose you have any pics of just behind the box where the link pipe goes and over the axle? I was on the phone to jetex today who can supply that link pipe as possibly may fit the rear silencer I have.

Cheers,

Cal

Right ive ordered a new rubber y shaped hanger.I shall report back when i figured it out.Thanks for your input everyone tho  :thumbup:

This with defo help as your looks shot and the hole where exhaust hanger fit's has also enlarged.

I also used large heavy duty tie wraps to bring mine up even higher, been on for ages now.

I had loads of problems getting mine to line up correctly. I contacted Jetex in the end and they said it was ok to bend the brackets on the exhaust.

Have a look through my project thread, somewhere in there is a modification to the Y Hanger with stainless cable ties...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/219974-mk1-vrs-stage-2-r-tech-tuned/

Random question but I don't suppose you have any pics of just behind the box where the link pipe goes and over the axle? I was on the phone to jetex today who can supply that link pipe as possibly may fit the rear silencer I have.

Cheers,

Cal

I will have a look at the weekend for you buddy shouldnt be a problem

Well this is what I did with mine. The hanger was new last year on April just after I fitted the exhaust. The ties are there to stop it moving to the right, ha ha.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

This is how it looks now, pretty much spot on if you ask me.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Well this is what I did with mine. The hanger was new last year on April just after I fitted the exhaust. The ties are there to stop it moving to the right, ha ha.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

This is how it looks now, pretty much spot on if you ask me.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing that,it does look flush now tho,ill keep it mind but ill wait till the weekend to see what happens with the new hanger,& ill report back once its on.

• 2 months later...

The hanger from skoda was the wrong one that's the one for the other end of the back box

Just an update...Ive been to collect the new hanger today & it seems they have revised the item which hopefully will be better

IMG_0021.jpg

Part number

IMG_0022.jpg

That's the wrong one they havnt revised it that's the bracket for the other end of the back box only know this because I had the same problem went tps an got a new one an problem solved :-)