Hi - just completing my first week as a skoda owner / driver. Really pleased so far. I have an 11 plate Superb Combi elegance 170 DSG. Really enjoy the driving experience and comfort the car provides.

One question relates to the rear seat warmers, they seem to work slightly intermittently, not really investigated yet but just wondered if anyone had any experience of them? I was showing off the car to some colleagues and depressed the rear seat warmer button, the lights came on and then I turned them off again. No-one was sat in the seat. My son then tried to turn them on later that evening and they would not turn on. The following morning I checked and they appeared to turn on, though again no-one was sat in the seats to test them. They did previously work when turned on and someone sat in the seats.

Thanks. 

Now this is only a guess so take it as you wish. I wonder if they work on a sensor basis (like the seat belt warning only happens if someone is in a seat without  a belt on). Maybe they will switch on for a short while and if no pressure is on the seat they turn off for safety reasons. I know for sure that they will switch off if there is too much drain on the battery which is why seats heaters should only be used if the engine is running.

Maybe helps - maybe not.

Nope, mine come on regardless of whether someone is in the seat or not.  I use them to keep the pizza warm on the way home.

You are correct that the load management will switch them off if the alternator is not able to keep up but that would be an extreme condition (e.g. poor battery, long glow time in very cold weather).  

• Like 1

The rear seats also turn themselves down to the 2nd heat level automatically after 10 mins of use for some reason. Think its just default as it says in the manual.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

The rear seats also turn themselves down to the 2nd heat level automatically after 10 mins of use for some reason. Think its just default as it says in the manual.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

Have you tried to sit on them after ten minutes on level three. You probably wouldn't do it again !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

quick slightly related question here - is there any way to retrofit these to a 2013 Elegance when they werent spec'd as an original option?

I have had older Audis where wiring etc for options was often present but not connected, or needed a switch fitted etc so I wondered if there was any way to do this on the Superb at all?

thanks

• 3 months later...

quick slightly related question here - is there any way to retrofit these to a 2013 Elegance when they werent spec'd as an original option?

I have had older Audis where wiring etc for options was often present but not connected, or needed a switch fitted etc so I wondered if there was any way to do this on the Superb at all?

thanks

Did anyone work out if this is possible?

• Like 1

A quick check is to lift the rear seat cushion and see if there are wires running into it for the seat heater. If the car doesn't have the buttons on the back of the centre console to turn the seat heaters on it's not going to be as simple as changing an option in the car software anyway. Take a photo of the wiring you see (There will probably be some for seatbelt warning sensors anyway) and I'll take a photo of the wiring to my heated rear seats for comparison.

Edited by psycholist