Black 3.6 V6 Estate

guyblue10

Ha - yes, I'm not sure about the badges myself.

I was looking at the washers today - any ideas how to get them to pop out and stay out so I can do something with them.....pull the indicator stalk and whip the appropriate fuse out at the same time....???

• 3 months later...

I like white cars normally but I have to say that the way you have approached this is sublime. The car looks stunning.

I've just purchased a 3.6 Kombi here in Switzerland - a 2010 model year Embrach dealer edition which is very similar to yours but in white (if that makes sense :) ). I will be getting a stainless ss exhaust upgrade as well as possibly putting the Monte Carlo edition black-pack grill on it. A photo of the car at the dealer below. I hope to pick it up early next week.

post-125322-0-68914600-1422425494_thumb.jpg

post-125322-0-51468000-1422425592_thumb.jpg

post-125322-0-05771400-1422425630_thumb.jpg

Car looks fantastic. Loving the overall look and would like to see the headlight washers done :p

My wife's Octavia lost the washer cover (common problem according to the parts department at the dealers) and you can just pull the washer stalk out and detach the cover on the Octavia. I'm sure you will be able to pull the washer stalk out on the superb and hopefully remove the cover. Or buy some replacement covers and spray them then do a swap. I might go out and have a go at my Dads superb since he's at work today :D

Edited to add:  I tried it on my Dads superb and if you get something flatish and smooth (like a credit card) you can pull the cover out enough to pull the stalk out. Just be a little carful not to pull to hard initially and pull the cover off. Its a bit try it and see to determine how hard to pull but will make sense when you try it.

Edited by octimark
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

So a little bit of time in one of the first nice days of the year last weekend and I finally got round to the first of a couple of jobs I've been planning.  I'm going to paint the headlamp washers the same colour as the car, but I've been toying with which colour to paint he calipers.  I bought a tin of copper Hammerite and a tin of silver Hammerite.  I bought copper because I thought it looked more gold than the gold, if you see what I mean.

I painted the rear bit of the caliper half copper and half silver, to compare the two.  The copper didn't look right, so I finished it with silver.

3 still left to do, but I thought I'd ask you lot what you think before I finish them....

20150607_1502331_zpspp2ehibg.jpg    

20150607_1502261_zpsbzd3sbti.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like a very tidy job sir....car looks lovely.

I'd like to see the 'copper' finish if you have a photo just to compare :)

Dave

Thanks

Unfortunately, I didn't take a pic of the copper - painted half of the very rear bit copper, half silver.....thought "nah" to the copper, and painted over it with the silver....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Two years on the plastidip is wearing pretty well, but starting to look a little tatty around the edges

20160911_103653_zpsy5x5koyh.jpg

The worst bit is the rear passenger door

20160911_103645_zpswumsaixe.jpg

a Quick refresh is in order

20160911_104548_zpsp89ptvas.jpg

A lot easier than putting the stuff on in the first place.  Mask it up, spray loads onto the affected areas, and whip off the masking tape closest to the wet edge while it's still wet, and the result is really good.  Tamiya yellow tape is really good for this.  Did the whole car in under two hours.

20160911_105911_zpsywjyy3n3.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty good.  36,000 miles, no squeaks or rattles.  Just about to go in for it's second service.  The only problem is that a crack has appeared in the plastic where my right elbow rests most of the time....   

Pretty good.  36,000 miles, no squeaks or rattles.  Just about to go in for it's second service.  The only problem is that a crack has appeared in the plastic where my right elbow rests most of the time....

That's good to hear - you've put 36,000 miles on it or that's the total milage? I'm guessing total... Not so good on the door card front but I guess a door card or part is a minor fix at least. I hope! Did you leave the coilovers as they were at 40mm drop?

I'm interested because I should be picking up my much higher milage v6 from the dealer tomorrow. Bit of a risk I guess but I'm not dependent on it for work and nothing ventured, nothing gained! I know there are a few cosmetic issues; I am expecting to find that the colour-coded mirrors are still stone chipped and am thinking of trying the plastidip on them.

Ah - I see.  Yes, it's 36,000 in total.  I've done 29,000 of those.  Car is 4 years old.  The drop is standard - I think it was 40 at the front and 30 at the back (?)  

I probably wouldn't use plastidip on anything that has it's face full on to the direction of travel, like thew mirrors, if you see what I mean.  I originally did the Skoda logo on the front of the bonnet, but it chipped quite quickly and I ended up spraying it...which still chipped a bit.    

You can get chrome of carbon covers that stick onto your mirrors from superskoda if that floats your boat.. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...