Center Silencer Removed :)

Just had the centre silencer removed from my 2012 Fabia VRS last night, and i LOVE it!

Car now makes a nice burble on start up and i a bit more throaty when driving but not stupidly loud.

Also gets a nice little fart when changing gear  :giggle:

18 Mile motorway commute to work this morning was a pleasure, the exhaust tone was audible but not so loud that it was uncomfortable. 

Few pictures attached so you can see the handy work.

Will upload videos when i get a chance

post-116692-0-05916900-1399450549_thumb.jpg

post-116692-0-62105200-1399450557_thumb.jpg

post-116692-0-45678800-1399450566_thumb.jpg

post-116692-0-26363300-1399450573_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Great little MOD isn't it? :-) had mine done for a few weeks now and I'm still in love! On the motorway, cruise at 2800rpm at around 80mph. The sound is lovely!! You get the best farts between 4500-5000rpm. :-p

If you haven't already, find some long tunnels....

Great little MOD isn't it? :-) had mine done for a few weeks now and I'm still in love! On the motorway, cruise at 2800rpm at around 80mph. The sound is lovely!! You get the best farts between 4500-5000rpm. :-p

If you haven't already, find some long tunnels....

Cheap Mods are sometimes the best!

Sounds so much better

Going to go hunting for empty tunnels this weekend  :dance:

I keep putting off getting this done as the only place which will do this are charging £120, and im tight! you have just sold it to me, big time!

Woahhh thats steep! mine was only £40. 

Sounds Great...!!! Mine sounds like a tractor already as it's a Diesel... :giggle:

cheers! 

Woahhh thats steep! mine was only £40. 

cheers! 

Exactly, unfortunately up here in aberdeen the average garage labour rate seems to be around £75ph :/

hence why im a bit funny about paying.

Exactly, unfortunately up here in aberdeen the average garage labour rate seems to be around £75ph :/

hence why im a bit funny about paying.

ahh i see,

it is possible to do it at home though... would just need a mate with a welder and bit 2.25" pipe around 465mm long. call in some favours  :giggle:

It is well worth the money though, sounds much better than standard. 

• Like 1

ahh i see,

it is possible to do it at home though... would just need a mate with a welder and bit 2.25" pipe around 465mm long. call in some favours   :giggle:

It is well worth the money though, sounds much better than standard. 

I've just gave a garage a call george recommended. theyre going to get back to me with a price.

its cheaper than a catback so im all up for it, no complaints there, just 120 is a bit much imo when everybody else is getting it done for 60 max.

when i get this done im tempted to get the original cat removed and a sports cat in its place. my ford had a sports cat and the pops and bangs were immense, they were amazing as standard but with this it was something else :)

nahh i know nobody up here with a welder :(

Edited by matthewl

I've just gave a garage a call george recommended. theyre going to get back to me with a price.

its cheaper than a catback so im all up for it, no complaints there, just 120 is a bit much imo when everybody else is getting it done for 60 max.

when i get this done im tempted to get the original cat removed and a sports cat in its place. my ford had a sports cat and the pops and bangs were immense, they were amazing as standard but with this it was something else :)

nahh i know nobody up here with a welder :(

Yeah pops and bangs for the win!

Guys that did mine supply milltek's, were fitting one to an S3 when i was there. shame I'm not made of money.

• Like 1

Yeah pops and bangs for the win!

Guys that did mine supply milltek's, were fitting one to an S3 when i was there. shame I'm not made of money.

I will NOT buy anything from milltek, pure rip off IMO, 

if you look at their products for the mk1 vrs vs mk2 vrs theyre pretty much identical items for double the price. 

i'll either go custom everything or adapt standard.

comeon, how does a turbo back on a car our size cost £1180? haha

eg, polo gti, 1.8t 3" turbo back including sports cat £835

I will NOT buy anything from milltek, pure rip off IMO, 

if you look at their products for the mk1 vrs vs mk2 vrs theyre pretty much identical items for double the price. 

i'll either go custom everything or adapt standard.

comeon, how does a turbo back on a car our size cost £1180? haha

eg, polo gti, 1.8t 3" turbo back including sports cat £835

don't tell me that I've got an mk1 fabia vrs for sale on the drive with a full milltek on it

don't tell me that I've got an mk1 fabia vrs for sale on the drive with a full milltek on it

Not too bad prices on the diesels. compare £331 for Cat-Back for mk1 and £553 for MK2  :think:

I've just found this on eBay would this work here's the item number 251440340046

Yeahh thats pretty much the same as what i used for mine. (except mine was cut out of someone else's exhaust instead of buying a new part  :giggle:

• Like 1

Not too bad prices on the diesels. compare £331 for Cat-Back for mk1 and £553 for MK2  :think:

Yeahh thats pretty much the same as what i used for mine. (except mine was cut out of someone else's exhaust instead of buying a new part  :giggle:

thats exactly what im getting at, cars are pretty much the same size, may even be the same size... and there is such a price difference. 

as soon as somebody brings out an alternative to milltek their prices will drop. same with the MK1, but till then i wont touch their products

• Like 1

Yep. Completely agree it only improves the car. Gives it the noise the performance deserves. Looking into a sports cat. Big list this month though so it'll get added to the bottom.

• Like 2

Arden Performance in Meadowfield, Durham.

I live in New Brancepwth which is 2 miles from Meadowfield. My parents live there. Drop me a PM mate if you fancy a catch up etc.

Phil.

Thatll remove the section. Doesnt give much difference over the removal of just silencer to be honest. Only if you go turbo back does it make any difference. I couldnt tell anyway comparing mine and one with a catback miltek

• Like 2

I'm going Miltek cat back in a week or so. Will that remove the section or do I need something extra?

Phil.

Im not 100% mate but when i was looking at it there was the down pipe on to a bit of flexi, then the centre silencer going in to a bolted sleeve, then on to the back box. (can sort of see it on the pictures at the top of the post)

so im guessing the cat-back will go from the bolted part back meaning yes you will need extra to remove the centre silencer.

Could be wrong though.  :think:

Thatll remove the section. Doesnt give much difference over the removal of just silencer to be honest. Only if you go turbo back does it make any difference. I couldnt tell anyway comparing mine and one with a catback miltek

I'm going Miltek cat back in a week or so. Will that remove the section or do I need something extra?

Phil.

well there we go, was wrong... lol 

• Like 1