Center Silencer Removed :)

I'm going Miltek cat back in a week or so. Will that remove the section or do I need something extra?

Phil.

Thatll remove the section. Doesnt give much difference over the removal of just silencer to be honest. Only if you go turbo back does it make any difference. I couldnt tell anyway comparing mine and one with a catback miltek

Centre silencer is behind the cat so if its a cat back you are getting it replaces everything from the 'cat-back'

Nope. I've had the Milltek catback on my previous hatch and it definitely does not remove the centre silencer. Attaches just behind it. Not really what you'd strictly call a "catback" I suppose! Sounds lovely tho.

Ah. I stand corrected. I was going off the name. And that other cat backs. ACTUALLY FIT ON THE CAT. Strange that :D that has made my day though. They charge ridiculous money for an item that lies to you!

• Like 1

Ah. I stand corrected. I was going off the name. And that other cat backs. ACTUALLY FIT ON THE CAT. Strange that :D that has made my day though. They charge ridiculous money for an item that lies to you!

Yeah I was abit surprised when it was fitted and the middle box was still there! Abit cheeky if you ask me.

• Like 1

middle box is a reasonator rather than a silencer ;) thats why I've moved away from taking it off myself...

It certainly is a resonator, although it does have some silencing properties.

The VRS does sound pants standard, It's personal preference of course but it is a little quiet and is no louder than a 1.4 Golf. Removing the resonator gives my VRS estate more character and the sporty sound track it deserves.

Negatives are you're fundamentally just chopping out a section of your exhaust system so Exhaust warranty will be affected.

All in all, I'd say it's just about the best money I've spent on her so far!

• Like 1

It certainly is a resonator, although it does have some silencing properties.

The VRS does sound pants standard, It's personal preference of course but it is a little quiet and is no louder than a 1.4 Golf. Removing the resonator gives my VRS estate more character and the sporty sound track it deserves.

Negatives are you're fundamentally just chopping out a section of your exhaust system so Exhaust warranty will be affected.

All in all, I'd say it's just about the best money I've spent on her so far!

IMO ive always classed an exhaust as wear and tear. so personally i dont mind :)

i think the VRS sounds terrible standard and it has no character at all. removing the box makes it sound like it should from factory. 

I cant wait for the weekend to get it done :)

warm hatches such as corsa vxr, clio sport, fiesta st etc arent silent, so why is the VRS? :)

Simples,

its a 5 door Warm Hatch & bottom of the pile price wise of the 4 Twinchargers., 

There is the 3 Door Seat Ibiza 3 door that is supposed to be Sporty, with Sporty handling and a different noise by design.

& a VW Polo that was supposed to be the more refined,

For the go they have, they actually sound quite good standard from outside on full song,

they actually have a Supercharger & Turbo noise,

which is better IMO than the ones that make all the noise but seem not to disappear into the distance very quickly.

Draws less attention under hard acceleration, but goes just as well as noisier ones.

george

Keep the licence by drawing less attention but put up with the silence.

or Let everyone know you are going for it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9x6wvX0PfZA

• Like 3

IMO ive always classed an exhaust as wear and tear. so personally i dont mind :)

i think the VRS sounds terrible standard and it has no character at all. removing the box makes it sound like it should from factory. 

I cant wait for the weekend to get it done :)

warm hatches such as corsa vxr, clio sport, fiesta st etc arent silent, so why is the VRS? :)

politics my friend.

the fabia doesn't have the artificial intake resonator into the cabin either, believe it can be turned on with the VCDS though?

• Like 1

Sounds awesome! Definitely getting this done!

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is the exact job of the resonator if it just increases the noise slightly when you take it out?

• Like 1

Sounds awesome! Definitely getting this done!

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is the exact job of the resonator if it just increases the noise slightly when you take it out?

as far as im aware, i may be very wrong,

but resonators are small boxes which fill with exhaust gasses to drop a certain frequency out of the exhaust tone?

this stops droning at a certain RPM.

with my focus people would remove them and the drone in the cabin at 3000rpm (75mph) was mental.

the resonators job is to stop it "booming" at a resonant frequency..... that "boom" in the cabin is what i want to avoid... I know its a quiet car, but because i use it for long motorway journeys, if I found that resonant frequency the box removes, it would drive me mad! for those people not doing long motorway journeys I'm sure its an improvement :)

personally I have come to my own conclusion, its there for a reason, to keep it free from annoying noises inside ;) I doubt it affects the performance.

• Like 2

Completely agree, luckily the resonance isn't too bad. On the motorway the exhaust sound is noticeable but not intrusive. If the Fabia wasn't so loud anyway due to road and wind noise I think it would be bordering on the loud side....

I do a lot of motorway miles and I like it, I like to cruise at 65-70 and you can't hear it too much. When you are having fun on the twisty's, radio off it sounds incredible. Mixed with the ITG induction noise it just adds to experience.

• Like 2

with my 2.5" straight through i have almost no drove at all while cruising.

its almost like stock, only when you start requesting more power does it make noise.

so just removing the center section will be fine.

• Like 1