Footwell lights

Yeah, but you can turn them on and off via Maxi Dot :) I like them on, gives a bit of cosiness and mood lighting at night.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What year is your superb cos my 2010 does not have it. Can i do it via vcds

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

My December 2010 did not have it activated from the factory either... so I enabled it with VCDS 

• Like 1

I drove an MK I and are now riving an MK II (both as taxi).
I am pretty sure that the MK I had the footwell lighting, and the MK II has it for sure.

There may be differences in what settings you can use depending on model though.

Go into the menu in the speedometer-display, and look for it together with other lighting options. :-)

I have mine on about 50% IIRC

Wow thats bright, well it is in an ivory interior.

It's like driving a moving living room at 100% brightness at night, you might as well stick the kettle on, turn on the tv  and light the fire with your slippers haha! :) 

• Like 2

Love them. The only lights not converted to LED in my car, I prefer the nice dim yellowish glow. This together with the 2 LEDs overhead and the little lights in the door handle area's make for very pleasant night driving!

• Like 1

I definitely agree and I find passengers are always impressed too with the footwell lights. Something else that can be a costly enough option on certain other car brands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow thats bright, well it is in an ivory interior.

It's like driving a moving living room at 100% brightness at night, you might as well stick the kettle on, turn on the tv  and light the fire with your slippers haha! :)

Not forgetting stoking the pipe up with some fine Old Holborn too . :D

My December 2010 did not have it activated from the factory either... so I enabled it with VCDS 

so if i find someone with vcds they could activate it for me, i have fitted led`s to my footwell lights will it affect it in any way 

• 3 months later...

W5W, same as the 4 reading lights, 2 mirror puddle lights and the 2 trunk lights. 2 Vanity mirror lights + 2 middle interior lights + license plate lights are festoons.

Dimming is no problem, however placement of the LEDs is. If you buy the "tree" version, (a small plug with a LED on each corner and one on top) like I did, you end up with only 1 / 1.5 LEDs facing into the car. The other ones are pointed towards the inside of the holder. A better type is a small square with 4 LEDs on 1 side.

The biggest issue for me was they appeared as dots in the car...especially the footwell lights threw a white glow into the car but there were big brighter blue dots in it. Not too extreme, but noticable. I have since replaced the footwell lights with the old W5W filament bulbs, I prefer the yellowish glow at night.

I have the same "spotting" problem with my interior lights, if any of them break (and I have no W5W LEDs left) I'd consider plunging for this;

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Superb-II-front-MEGA-POWER-led-dome-lights-KI-R-V2-Round

Dimming is no problem, however placement of the LEDs is. If you buy the "tree" version, (a small plug with a LED on each corner and one on top) like I did, you end up with only 1 / 1.5 LEDs facing into the car. The other ones are pointed towards the inside of the holder. A better type is a small square with 4 LEDs on 1 side.

The biggest issue for me was they appeared as dots in the car...especially the footwell lights threw a white glow into the car but there were big brighter blue dots in it. Not too extreme, but noticable. I have since replaced the footwell lights with the old W5W filament bulbs, I prefer the yellowish glow at night.

I have the same "spotting" problem with my interior lights, if any of them break (and I have no W5W LEDs left) I'd consider plunging for this;

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Superb-II-front-MEGA-POWER-led-dome-lights-KI-R-V2-Round

Great, thanks TooTall. I'll give them a go and bin them if they give the same "dot effect" as yours! :D