Footwell lights

Not sure if my car has mirror downlighters on the outside, must check.

If the bottom of your mirror has a triangular plastic lens, you have them (or you can check at night). To get at them is another matter...only 1 way, adjust the mirror all the way down (so there's a big gap at the top), stick your fingers in there and pull. Hard. You won't believe the force you have to put on the back of the glass to make it pop out...not something I would want to do again, for sure. But of all the lights, I notice these LEDs the most at night.

I remember buying W5W LEDs on eBay, they were like 2 quid a pair from China, and I bought 10. Only I didn't read the description, it was 2 quid for 10x...So I ended up with 100 of these. I do VAGCOM adjustements as a hobby, and I've since provided LEDs for everybody who wanted them  :D

If the bottom of your mirror has a triangular plastic lens, you have them (or you can check at night). To get at them is another matter...only 1 way, adjust the mirror all the way down (so there's a big gap at the top), stick your fingers in there and pull. Hard. You won't believe the force you have to put on the back of the glass to make it pop out...not something I would want to do again, for sure. But of all the lights, I notice these LEDs the most at night.

I remember buying W5W LEDs on eBay, they were like 2 quid a pair from China, and I bought 10. Only I didn't read the description, it was 2 quid for 10x...So I ended up with 100 of these. I do VAGCOM adjustements as a hobby, and I've since provided LEDs for everybody who wanted them  :D

Haha, I did the self same thing and amassed a huge bag of LED's, luckily I have a lot of friends with VAG cars who were more than happy to receive them.

Cheers for the advice on the downlighters.

Brilliant advice, how did I not think of that?? Anywho... footwell lighting doesn't come up as option in my maxidot screen (as shown above) so I'm wondering if some specs don't have the option. I'm driving 2011 elegance.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Brilliant advice, how did I not think of that?? Anywho... footwell lighting doesn't come up as option in my maxidot screen (as shown above) so I'm wondering if some specs don't have the option. I'm driving 2011 elegance.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

My 2012 UK spec elegance definitely has them.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

I do not have the footwell lights in the back seat in my FL Skoda suberb:-( do anyone know if there is wiring already, or do I have to do the wiring too if I want footwell lights in the back?

Edited by tommyb77

I do not have the footwell lights in the back seat in my FL Skoda suberb:-( do anyone know if there is wiring already, or do I have to do the wiring too if I want footwell lights in the back?

You´ll have to run the wires to the lights in the front. It´s an easy job, can be done within an hour.

• 2 years later...

I turned off the footwell lights on my 2015 Superb but, on turning back on I have none on the driver side.

OK on passenger side, and, below both rear seats  but, none on driver side . I cannot remember if there should be one there also.

Can anybody advise.