'service campaign' DQ200 DSG Oil Change,ECU update, Fabias in UK.

My "lassie" at Mulhollands, who appeared to be both (& is their a both type word for 3 of something btw?)

Anyway Laura was;

Intelligent, interested and well informed, openly discussed the "recall" as I recall she referred to it as, saying it involved changing the oil from synsethic to mineral, with a software upgrade.

But did say it was an all day job, because the car had to be allowed to cool down for 3 hrs, in respect of the oil change.

And I presume simply not to prevent the techs getting their fingers burned.

Marcus

Edited by dieseldogg

From June 2013 (LINK):

Volkswagen UK has given further information on why it sees no reason to issue a recall for its seven-speed dual shift DSG gearbox-equipped cars, despite similarly equipped cars in other parts of the world being recalled.

It has also reiterated that it has no examples of the problems experienced in other countries being replicated in the UK.

A VW statement explained: “The DSG mechatronics are programmed differently according to the country in which a vehicle will be sold. The issues recently experienced by some customers in Australia have not been repeated in the UK, nor indeed in other temperate countries."

I wonder what if anything has changed?

So, like the Costa del Sol, or Greece, or Turky, would not require the same temperature settings as Austrailia.

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't, who knows? However, that has absolutely nothing to do with any recall in the UK . . . YET . . . global warming may change this but hopefully not during the expected lifetime of these cars ;)

Just returned from getting the DSG oil change and software update done on my car. The work supposedly took about two hours and to be honest, I haven't noticed any difference at all although I was warned that the gearbox might behave slightly differently for a while. The dealer said that mine was not the first they had done.

• Like 1

We only got our tool for the campaign this week, nearly a month since the campaign was issued.

But being the kind of people we are we fashioned our own tool to fill the box back up with in the mean time.

Can't see how a dealership can sit there and say they need the car there to see if it needs the campaign or not, with this particular campaign you just whack the chassis number in and if computer says yes it needs doing.

It even says to allow a couple of hours to do it!

Granted the first couple may take a bit longer as usual but not an all day job by any means.

My car is due a service in 3000 miles (so about 5 weeks driving for me atm) so I'll ask then if there's anything outstanding on my 2011. On the odd occasion I've noticed a lazy gear change but apart from that the box has been good. I need them to change my seat base, front and rear badges and they are delaminating and one alloy with the same fault on the rim. All this should be under warranty 

It's a 40000 miles service so a big one which will be plugs, brake fluid, etc. With me having to replace shocks and springs this car has had a fair bit spent on it. I'll have to keep it a bit longer to justify the outlay. Oil wise though I'm only using a litre every 4-5000 miles and it gets driven properly everyday.

Basis for this assertion?

Skoda, have inserted a legal caveat at the base of the enquiry screen "we cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of the output" 

It's called legal ass covering.

So my advice would be ,call or visit your dealer, to obtain specific information relating to your vehicle

Edited by vrskeith

I note that Skoda have still not communicated this Service Campaign via their News Section on the Website.

Where presumably they like to communicate all news to Customers - good or bad.

Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) in the following website page: http://www.skoda-auto.com.kw/service/recall-campaign.  It can usually be seen somewhere at the bottom of the windscreen.

Is his web connection fully sanctioned by Skoda UK?

SEEMS ALSO TO RELATE TO ONLY 3 MODEL? (Rapid,Octavia and Yeti)

Is his web connection fully sanctioned by Skoda UK?

SEEMS ALSO TO RELATE TO ONLY 3 MODEL? (Rapid,Octavia and Yeti)

Who knows whether or it is approved by Skoda, it is on their website but perhaps it has been hacked by some Russian or Chinese car manufacturer?

If you don't trust it you could always try this one which doesn't have the mandatory legal caveat: http://www.skoda.co.nz/my-skoda/service-campaign-finder

It is simple. You only have to enter the VIN code of your car into the search field below. VIN code is the vehicle's identification number which can be found on the vehicle body and in the registration document. It is a combination of 17 letters and numbers. By clicking on the "Search" button you can simply check whether there is a relevant recall campaign for your car in the manufacturer database.

However, as you say, contacting your dealer is probably the wisest (if slowest) course of action :)

As i said, do not trust its accuracy.

Firstly, i can say 'A Recall campaign has been found',    

well there is no 'Recall Campaign' in the UK,  other than older Fabias & Citigo Airbag Sensors.

there is a Service Campaign,

for DSG, 'Heated Seats', looms etc.

So you hurry up nothing, because if wrongly or rightly it shows you should contact a Dealership,

that what you need to do, to see about booking in, for 'Field Action',  if your car requires this work.

If you have a VIN number, then you can try it,  

because i have VIN numbers, and the Linked 'Checker',  shows action or 'Recall'  where there is none.

& shows no 'Recall' or Action, on a car that might need the Campaign Service,

but does not in fact, because it has had the Work already done.

So it is a Help, but 'Not Accurate'.  & save no time IMO.

george

Just dropped my car off for its 3 year service and was told that my car was due a recall for the DSG oil change. 2011 plate VRS.

I suspect that I wouldn't have been phoned to bring it in.

Just for the record, I had to sign a sheet that was "For the safety recall on your car".

They have a lot to do on my car now, 3 year service and brake fluid change, DSG recall and all 4 spark plugs changed.

• Like 1

Mine is currently being changed as I speak. 13 plate CTHE, though I only found out today as i dropped it off for it's first service.

My box is fine, though the only criticism I have is when I reverse uphill and I have to tap on the breaks, it likes to roll back down the hill for a couple of foot before the clutch bites back again. Actually, not sure if it has anything to do with the box at all. 

Just dropped my car off for its 3 year service and was told that my car was due a recall for the DSG oil change. 2011 plate VRS.

I suspect that I wouldn't have been phoned to bring it in.

Just for the record, I had to sign a sheet that was "For the safety recall on your car".

They have a lot to do on my car now, 3 year service and brake fluid change, DSG recall and all 4 spark plugs changed.

Interesting document- No mention of Service Campaign then? Was the sheet Skoda headed or just the dealer?

No the words used were 'Recall' rather than service.

It looked like a Skoda headed page. It was printed on different paper to the dealer headed docs I had to sign.

Shame you didn't retain a copy of what you signed. Perhaps they could mail you one ,so that you can share.

Odd how after 6 weeks there is still no Public Statement or Press releases or Information on Skoda UK Customer Services,

No proper Information from Skoda Dealerships, just people having work done while cars are in for a Service or Something else.

No proper Explanation from Service Desk Staff in many cases.

Lots of Owners of cars around the UK that might benefit from the 'Service Campaign -Field Action',

But "No Recall",

so the only way they might hear in the next 10 months or even longer will be from Word of Mouth or Online Forums.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure it is actually a laughing matter,

but then it is maybe a Location Location Location & climate thing,  

less chance of cars blowing up in the UK than where you are.

george

I know there is another thread on owners and ex owners having received a letter from some Skoda UK department.

Could you please post if you got a letter from some place other than a Skoda Dealership suggesting you take your car in to be checked & a 'Field Action'

take place due to the 'silent service campaign being done'.

1. Who did the letter actually come from?

Also.

Could you post if you checked if your car with a DQ200 7 speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG required action but were told no.

When was your car built, & which model is it?

thanks,  

George

Edited by goneoffSKi