End of report - out with the old............

I'm interested to hear what the charge for the heated seat repair is. The driver's cushion stopped working last winter. If the parts are cheap I might do it, though mostly more to be able to say everything still works than because I need it... 

I'm interested to hear what the charge for the heated seat repair is. The driver's cushion stopped working last winter. If the parts are cheap I might do it, though mostly more to be able to say everything still works than because I need it...

1.5 hours labour today to strip down seats and investigate.

Both seat base elements inoperative, presume burnt out.

Elements are on backorder from Germany, available in 2-3 days.

Total cost including todays labour and future replacement and refit is £429

Edited by Coops
  • Like 1

1.5 hours labour today to strip down seats and investigate.

Both seat base elements inoperative, presume burnt out.

Elements are on backorder from Germany, available in 2-3 days.

Total cost including todays labour and future replacement and refit is £429

Ouch!!  That's sounds like a lot to keep your bum toasty! I suppose its best to keep all the car's components in good order as you may be penalised come trade-in time.  I assume most of that cost is labour as the refitting will probably take more than 1.5 hours?

Ouch!! That's sounds like a lot to keep your bum toasty! I suppose its best to keep all the car's components in good order as you may be penalised come trade-in time. I assume most of that cost is labour as the refitting will probably take more than 1.5 hours?

Company car so not my cost personally.

I think the quoted labour time from Skoda is 2.7 hours.

Having never owned a car with heated seats I was in one of our companies pool cars over in Germany the other week, a VW Passat.

They were never off, on the full three bars each and everytime I was in the car, they were great.

Needless to say if possible my next car will have them!

Heated seats are one of those must-haves once you've experienced them. I'd find it very uncomfortable during the winter with full leather if they weren't heated. I've switched them on before with some unsuspecting passengers (especially in the rear) with some interesting reactions :)

Edited by Superb170
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Superb is now back. Went in on Wednesday for heated seats work and then the cambelt on Thursday.

All back and working great.

Counting down the days/weeks to the S3 arriving!

• 4 weeks later...

A sad day, even the car looks sad in the picture  :D

I'm up to 90,000 miles now so I hope to take my S2 to intergalactic mileage, hopefully without any major incidents like you.

I'm sure as soon as the S3 turns up you'll soon forget about the old girl. I tend to get quite quite attached to my cars, especially when the new owner drives off in it after I've sold it, but all is quickly forgotten when the new motor arrives!

Thanks for the all the updates!

Edited by silver1011

A sad day, even the car looks sad in the picture  :D

I'm up to 90,000 miles now so I hope to take my S2 to intergalactic mileage, hopefully without any major incidents like you.

I'm sure as soon as the S3 turns up you'll soon forget about the old girl. I tend to get quite quite attached to my cars, especially when the new owner drives off in it after I've sold it, but all is quickly forgotten when the new motor arrives!

Thanks for the all the updates!

Cheers. It's been a solid and reliable workhorse, but yes all forgotten now!

The S3 is sublime.

• Like 1