Yeti alternative...

kibby

What,without the V Twin ?

It'll sound like , errrr , Nothing.

But wouldn't that be interesting - to hear the roar of the wind, as well as feeling it?

I must admit, I've also been looking at photos of the EV3, and it is making me grin.

Paul

What,without the V Twin ?

It'll sound like , errrr  , Nothing.

Exactly, this is mine and it sounds glorious.

Especially across the start-line and along Park Straight at Cadwell Park :sun:

Bike1_zps51a45a5c.jpg

• Like 2

Anything that gives max torque from zero revs is OK by me......you could always pipe yr own sounds on ButB

But can you polish the cam covers ,and look at the engine as you listen to that lovely rasp as you blip the throttle, and the chassis rocks with the torque.

The Battery just does nothing for me. :no:

With reference to buying new cars and changing them regularly; as we have discussed in other threads, hanging on to them beyond the warranty period is just getting to risky/expensive these days. Plan was to hold onto the Yeti but I'm not too sure now, will have to see. At least it's only 2WD and the EGR is easier/less expensive to get at!  

On a more positive note this sound fantastic when cruising through the countryside! :D

post-118346-0-74661400-1457374055_thumb.jpg

Edited by VAGCF

I was just musing about all the aspects of driving that have now been automated

Parking

Braking

Steering

Air conditioning

Wipers

Sunroof closure

Headlights on/off, dip, levelling

Dynamic stability

Not to mention the complex gubbins under the bonnet and elsewhere

What's left to do or think about other than how long it will keep going reliably enough to make it tradable ?.

So much for economical driving.

What you really want is one of these. http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/3-wheeler They do a fabulous factory tour and it is what I plan for the first date of my retirement. Roll on Set 2017.

Colin

Yes, I recommend the factory tour, and the car :) - the full story up is in Peter Dron's book. I understand one owner tows his with a Yeti 1.2...

It's a 5 month old article about an unnamed Yeti size Mitsubishi......... Has anyone seen this before or maybe it's a Pacific rim one?.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/392064/mitsubishi-confirms-brand-new-premium-suv-model-line-for-2017/?plista

Edited by Ryeman

Whilst I always read your posts I do wonder what the point is of posting details of cars/models of cars that are not available in the UK. The OP was in the UK and asking about a Yeti alternative that WOULD be available to him. UK spec cars even differ from those available in Europe and Ireland. Each country's importer decides what spec to offer their customers, most frustrating when we see what's available "over the water" but we have to live with it. Those potential non uk customers have far more choice of models and colours than we do. Please do not make us feel more deprived by listing those available to your continent.

Fred

• Like 1

Sorry Fred, I assume the OP has made the decision

I could have started a separate thread, (aren't there enough already.........consolidation perhaps?) but I just thought for those reading, not in a great hurry, they may become available and worth consideration.

If a manufacturer has a 'hot' product I don't see why they'd ignore 500,000,000 Europeans.......the Asians do understand about crowded roads and Korea loves to beat Japan for historic reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you think only UK readers inhabit this space and are not interested in what may be coming their way when considering a replacement vehicle.

I'm quite amazed at the insularity in a free trade world.

What sells up a storm in Australia doesn't go unnoticed in RHD markets and do you seriously think it won't make it to your shores?.

It's a Yeti 11 competitor surely.

And it's likely to be reliable too.

• Like 3

Can I make this point yet again please?  The cars supplied to the UK market differ in many ways to those of other markets and it is therefore not possible to make direct comparisons.

Fred

If enough people use their "Ignore" button then eventually the relentless flow of pointlessness from certain quarters will eventually subside.

• Like 4

If enough people use their "Ignore" button then eventually the relentless flow of pointlessness from certain quarters will eventually subside.

Or

You'll work out what it's there for too.

It's sad to see a good source of discussion get taken over by retired basket weavers living in their own little club world.

• Like 2

Can I make this point yet again please?  The cars supplied to the UK market differ in many ways to those of other markets and it is therefore not possible to make direct comparisons.

Fred

In fact this car IS on sale in UK as the 1.4S 'boosterjet'.

Available only with AllDrive with 6 speed auto or manual box. Available colours are very pooer, only 4 fairly basic available.

When looking to replace my previous Yeti I looked at the Vitara, which bears more than a passing resemblance to the Evoque, as I ideally wanted something slightly narrower than the Yeti.

Despite being very well specced, the Vitara just didn't "grab" me for some reason.

A 1.4S Alldrive auto comes in at about £23500.... which would be 1.2 DSG SE-L territory...