Whats best mpg youve had

i got 69.5mpg yesterday out of my remapped 170cr

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Now THAT IS bloody incredible!!

Was the journey ALL downhill?  :D

First day of ownership on mine was 71 overall.

Setting 2 is showing 61.9 overall over 600 miles so far, which is not too shabby imo.

Feels SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSO good not having to visit the fuel station so often now.

Almost feels like I'm sort of  cheating 'the system'. :moon:

• Like 1

Now THAT IS bloody incredible!!

Was the journey ALL downhill?  :D

First day of ownership on mine was 71 overall.

Setting 2 is showing 61.9 overall over 600 miles so far, which is not too shabby imo.

Feels SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSO good not having to visit the fuel station so often now.

Almost feels like I'm sort of  cheating 'the system'. :moon:

no mostly flat tbh but some hills and a really steady right foot  :p

slightly over 90mpg from an ax diesel (1.4) few years ago. Think some guy got one to do over 100 across a tank full but I wouldn't have the patience for that.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Saw some advertising notice board guff about a Pug 308 Hdi (i think it was) in a main dealer showroom that achieved 128mpg AVERAGE  on some long distance run somewhere in the recent past.

I really cannot understand how these dort of figures can be obtained on a public highway.

Just how light a right foot on a pedal and anticipation can you achieve?

I consider myself to be good on both counts, but I honestly couldn't reach those sort of figures.

no mostly flat tbh but some hills and a really steady right foot  :p

Best I EVER got out of my same engined Octy vRS was about 60 iirc, and that was driving like a sleepy granny with fluffy slippers on.

Best I EVER got out of my same engined Octy vRS was about 60 iirc, and that was driving like a sleepy granny with fluffy slippers on.

:D

Got just over 38mpg on a recent drive from Ullapool back to London  :D

Must confess to overtaking more cars on that trip, then in the past 2 years, got to love the A9  :devil:  

Steady right foot (buried in the carpet!)

Not going to win this competition with a V6  :clap:

• Like 1

The best I've seen on my Greenline 3 Estate is 78.5mpg on the readout during a gentle run. I've checked brim to brim and the readout is 2.5mpg out so a real world 76.5mpg. Now done 16k miles in it and the mpg is gradually getting better and better, especially now we have the warmer weather, and since new the average has been just over 60mpg.

Have a look at this http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/passat/34287/vw-sets-guinness-world-record . I did notice the handbook claims the fuel tank is 70 litres but they squeezed in almost 10 litres more. Be nice to know exactly how big the Superb tank is, I don't think anyone has ever got near filling up with 60 litres.

Got just over 38mpg on a recent drive from Ullapool back to London  :D

Must confess to overtaking more cars on that trip, then in the past 2 years, got to love the A9  :devil:  

Steady right foot (buried in the carpet!)

Not going to win this competition with a V6  :clap:

dont think i get 38mpg even when flat out  :D

thats good mpg for a v6 though  :peek: 

dont think i get 38mpg even when flat out  :D

thats good mpg for a v6 though  :peek: 

Thank you  :D  I was happy with the mpg as it was a fun, if long, drive.

Nobody buys a V6 for economy, just  enjoy the thing  :devil:

Just done a 550 mile trip from Worcester to Gairloch, wester ross, average speed 60.5mph . Three up with a load of gear. Measured 44.9 mpg. One tank (just)

Edit:

Maxidot said 50.5mpg

Edited by Bristolf2b

Umm I don't drive too slowly usually my run to work over 35miles I get about 24mpg.... On a slow day traffic/rain i get an epic 36!

I've seen 4-7mpg before but usually around town I get about 15-20mpg! Depends on how its driven and if anyone cuts me up. I usually start off with good intentions to drive fairly gently and waft along haha! Like someone else said mpg wasn't on my list of needs when I wasn't looking at a v6! :)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

Best so far in the Greenline is 79.2 on a 79 mile journey back home from Castle Combe. No motorway but mostly A class roads.

The same journey yesterday, with 4 up, ended with 70mpg.

I always aim to drive smoothly, neither fast or slow necessarily. The car is amazing.

I got a 170dsg for SPG (smiles per gallon) not miles per gallon.

Driving watching the MPG is so boring, go and get a electric car or one of them hybrid things.

I can't think of anything more boring than trying to get the best economy. What a great trip

That must be!!

I'm falling asleep whilst replying its that boring!!

• Like 2

Saw some advertising notice board guff about a Pug 308 Hdi (i think it was) in a main dealer showroom that achieved 128mpg AVERAGE  on some long distance run somewhere in the recent past.

I really cannot understand how these dort of figures can be obtained on a public highway.

Just how light a right foot on a pedal and anticipation can you achieve?

I consider myself to be good on both counts, but I honestly couldn't reach those sort of figures.

Being light on the throttle isn't always the most efficient way to get moving. An engine is often more efficient (power extracted from fuel) with a WOT. So it is often to give it a blast and get it up to speed quicker than spending more time accelerating slowly.

They also use hyper-mile techniques like pulse and glide, switching the engine off, taking bends at high speed, high tyre pressures etc etc.

I once achieved nearly 70mpg in my Octavia on a run back from Manchester doing mainly 60mph, not using cruise control and shifting to N coming down hills on the motorway.

Phil

I saw 80.2 mpg at the end of a 75 mile trip to work last summer.  Most days I see 74-76mpg and exceptionally 77-78mpg for the same journey with my Greenline, depending upon traffic & weather. 

Edited by Pesmog

Any numbers quoted from the onboard computer don't count (even if properly adjusted using VCDS).

Manual brim-to-brim calculations are the only accurate figure.

• Like 1

'Puter said 83+  at one point going through the Mersey Tunnel last night  :o  whilst taking my daughter back to her digs.

Evened out to a most pleasing 73 by the time I got back home.

Pretty damned good for stop start driving.

Any numbers quoted from the onboard computer don't count (even if properly adjusted using VCDS).

Manual brim-to-brim calculations are the only accurate figure.

Aye!

I've even adjusted the fuel computer and on the last fill up it under-estimated it (45.6 on trip and 47.7 mpg calculated with 4 adults, boot full and some 100mph+ driving).

Phil

Umm I don't drive too slowly usually my run to work over 35miles I get about 24mpg.... On a slow day traffic/rain i get an epic 36!

I've seen 4-7mpg before but usually around town I get about 15-20mpg! Depends on how its driven and if anyone cuts me up. I usually start off with good intentions to drive fairly gently and waft along haha! Like someone else said mpg wasn't on my list of needs when I wasn't looking at a v6! :)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

i managed an incredible 9 mpg out of my first Fabia vRS whilst ragging it around Ty Croes circuit in Angelsey back in 2004. :D

• Like 1

i managed an incredible 9 mpg out of my first Fabia vRS whilst ragging it around Ty Croes circuit in Angelsey back in 2004. :D

How did you get it that low!? Sounds like it was good fun though. :)