Whats best mpg youve had

How did you get it that low!? Sounds like it was good fun though. :)

Clue was in the word...RAGGING. :mmm:

Was fun though, yes, especially with a 178bhp re-map.

Gearbox didn't agree unfortunately. :notme:

By some weird coincidence, I actually saw it for sale in Norfolk on Autotrader late last year, and it still looked in remarkably good condition, still with the original number plates on too!

Edited by Mr Ree

Yeah, I know you ragged it you must of been flat out all the way haha! 

And now I see you have a Greenline Superb to even out your carbon footprint :P  

Yeah, I know you ragged it you must of been flat out all the way haha! 

And now I see you have a Greenline Superb to even out your carbon footprint :p

Right foot was either off the pedal and on the brake, or on it...HARD.  :devil:

I've got the 140 diesel estate , I've done 3000 in it from new with mainly motorway runs and I get over 60 mpg. That's on cruise control at an indicated 72 mph , I'm well impressed with that

• Like 1

I got a 170dsg for SPG (smiles per gallon) not miles per gallon.

Driving watching the MPG is so boring, go and get a electric car or one of them hybrid things.

I can't think of anything more boring than trying to get the best economy. What a great trip

That must be!!

I'm falling asleep whilst replying its that boring!!

If you got a Superb for the sheer driving thrills and giggles then you really, really, *REALLY* bought the wrong car!

I know why I bought mine and it has delivered in buckets. I'm genuinely surprised that you can claim to be so happy.

:)

BTW, I've seen some gigantic mpgs from my Greenline and most of the time I wasn't even trying...

Edited by Jules Tohpipi
  • Like 1

If you got a Superb for the sheer driving thrills and giggles then you really, really, *REALLY* bought the wrong car!

I know why I bought mine and it has delivered in buckets. I'm genuinely surprised that you can claim to be so happy.

:)

BTW, I've seen some gigantic mpgs from my Greenline and most of the time I wasn't even trying...

I bought my superb because I like it. The 170 engine is great and the gearbox is very smooth, buckets of space.

Plenty of pull, all the toys. Better than the merc I had before it.

I never mentioned "driving thrills or giggles". I mentioned "smiles".

I'm genuinely unsure what you are trying to say with your reply??

Are you saying I would be happier with a green line?? And that this would give me "driving thrills"??

I'm puzzled? Also, which car should I have bought if I were looking for "sheer driving thrills and giggles"?

Last Friday, for the first time ever, the maxidot display showed more than 60mpg on my Superb (a 170bhp 4x4), 60.8 to be exact.  But when I filled it up it was doing a true 47 to 48mpg.  Still, not bad, but the elusive genuine 50mpg is yet to be achieved! 

My overall average is now sitting at 5.7l/100km or just under the 50mpg mark as per the computer.  The actual as per my own calculations is just over 46mpg but bearing in mind that this is the average since I bought the car (and it was obviously not great in the first few weeks) I think the computer is not too far off.  It is improving very slightly as the mileage goes up and I hope to get at least a consistent 50mpg if not more.  Fairly mixed driving but the majority would be main roads.  Obviously on individual journeys I get more and can hit 60mpg.

Yippee a fuely thread,

No comment on the amazing figures,

BUT!

I will say this,

If yours "only" does 35mpg in town and 50 ish on a run then that's about right for this car in 2.0 CR form,

Very controversial subject tbh, sometimes people allow these dash readouts to confuse them, it's when you squeeze the next lot in you find that 70mpg is really 45mpg,

And I'm only commenting to save worried owners who will think their car is broken a trip to the dealers,

Manufacturer figures are bad also,

Two examples, both urban,

Two mates of mine at work,

My Insignia auto official 36 reality 28

VW Golf est BlueMotion manual 1.6 TDi official 53 reality 36, this would do 40 if he wasn't a lump foot,

Ford Mondeo TIT X 2.0 auto official 39 reality 26, he's really put out about it btw.

Superb 2.0 DSG official 37 but the one I tested showed 31 which was comparitable to my Passat DSG PD which official was 32 reality 30.

HTH.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I like to follow my car's and motorcycles consumption using Fuelly.com instead of using the often and even sometimes very misleading on-board computer figures. Would be interesting to follow up the figures over time, right now I only find 13 other Superb's there and it would be interesting to have more to compare the figures from.

• Like 1

I'm doing my real vs. indicated in a spreadsheet. So far maxidot = 42.1 vs actual of 39.4mpg.

I thought I was being a bit sad calculating it on a spreadsheet, glad I'm not the only one :).  It's the best way to find out anyway as the overly optimist nature of the maxidot is well proven from what we've seen on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use aCar app on phone for car expenses and rarely get over 44mpg , did a 500 mile trip back from France with car fully loaded plus 4 bikes on a towbar mount and averaged 37mpg, very happy with that as was doing 80 mph most of the way. Previous car was a land cruiser and on a similar journey a couple of years ago I was getting 22 mpg.

Don't think my driving style will ever allow 50mpg lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use aCar app on phone for car expenses and rarely get over 44mpg , did a 500 mile trip back from France with car fully loaded plus 4 bikes on a towbar mount and averaged 37mpg, very happy with that as was doing 80 mph most of the way. Previous car was a land cruiser and on a similar journey a couple of years ago I was getting 22 mpg.

Don't think my driving style will ever allow 50mpg lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's not your style, it's realistic for a loaded up car @ 80mph,

under those conditions my Passat would just hit 42mpg and I believe the Superb isn't far away from the Passat in what it can do.

Edited by Supurbia

Tenbury to Gloucester yesterday, which is 44 miles.

Outward journey 82.3mpg

Return journey, a very poor 78.2.

This darned Superb will have to go soon at this rate. :)

Two days ago I drove from Stoke-on-Trent to home in the west country, about 200 miles, mostly motorway with a few 50mph road work areas and saw 80.4mpg. I've checked the maxidot readout before and it's about 2.5mpg out so a true just under 80mpg on that journey. The maxidot 2 readout is showing 63.5mpg over the last 3500 miles, so pretty good all round, especially given the size of the Superb.