My first car

Trust me... they are!

Fog lights do not have a focused beam light a headlight. They are designed to just scatter light out as much as possible...

Phil

Trust me... they are!

Fog lights do not have a focused beam light a headlight. They are designed to just scatter light out as much as possible...

Phil

Anyway now they won't be needed, till actual fog comes :)

Kes

If the pictures in your first thread are from the day you picked it up then you must have done some serious mileage looking at the brake dust on the alloys, either that or the dealer didn't clean it very well :D

I'm not sure on the reason for the bulb change, the Elegance get's bi-xenon headlights as standard and they are already quite blue so it is likely that by increasing the lumens over and above factory standard (4300K) then you have actually reduced the light output of the headlights, demonstrated by the purple output in your pictures.

I'm liking the interior LED's though, very bright!

The pre-FL Superb's tail lights on the twindoor are already pretty poor (especially the brake lights) so be careful applying a tint film over them as they may now be much harder to see. This was one of the reasons I fitted the LED clusters from the Laurin & Klement model... 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/138833-superb-in-china-led-rear-lights/

IMG_4550_zpsc5ecefaa.jpg

You now need some new wheel nut caps, someone has used an acidic wheel cleaner on the alloys which stains the caps!

Oh and one final word from me, watch those kerbs outside your house, they are already too close to your Thermisto alloys for me, you are making me nervous!

(And you missed the fact that you've changed the boot badge for the latest black and chrome version).

And de-badging too (wink)(wink)

Nice !

And welcome!

U got same look Superb as me!

Does it have the brolly in the rear passenger door?

Thanks mate, Yep it does have brolly

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I must be missing something here -- it's a known fact that blue output on lights is not road legal. To suggest that purple is excluded is ludicrous -- purple is simply a higher temperature version of blue, and bang out of order using them on a public road where they WILL be distracting and WILL dazzle.

I'm not going to start another HID argument here -- both my cars are running HID kits, but the output of them is WHITE, with no sign of a even a blue tinge.

As has been said above, the more blue/more purple the light output (in other words the higher temperature the bulbs are burning at), the less useable light is put on the road. The factory OEM is around 4300/5000k. Any more than that and they start turning blue with less output -- my hatchback has 4300k, the estate 5000k, and although the 5000s are slightly whiter, they are nowhere near as good to drive on at night as the 4300s.

Please put those lights back to standard, or change them so that the output is white, not blue/purple.

Mike

Don't worry putting them to draw now ;)

Just wanted to have something different ended up in a draw :D

Kes

Wot other plans u got for it?

Remap?

Lower?

Bigger wheels?

Dark tint all round (include lights)

Replace roof aerial?

Back box?

Pretty much yes, first thing remap, cause it doesn't like traffics, all my economy just disappear, when I get in London's traffic :D,

I'm thinking to lower it a bit, cause it sits slightly to high

I think 19inch will be replacement soon

No no finished with tinting :D

Don't know about aerial, but putting roof box soon ;)

And maybe put black vinyl on roof

• Like 1

I'm actually more concerned about the car not being SEEN...from the back....with those (one of my pet hates), blacked out rear lenses.

As for the rest, each to their own granted, so absolutely NO comment...at all.

I'm actually more concerned about the car not being SEEN...from the back....with those (one of my pet hates), blacked out rear lenses.

As for the rest, each to their own granted, so absolutely NO comment...at all.

Sorry but I hate that bright red so I would always stay with tinted ones, by the way they are not as dark as they look on photo ;)

But appreciate everyones opinions

Cheers

Kes

Easy guys, give the poor bloke some space. One man's poison is another man's medicine and all that.

I have a non-approved HID kit in my Superb so my car is technically illegal too.

Just look at any Mazda 6 with OEM xenon's, they are as blue as they come.

• Like 1

Sorry but I hate that bright red so I would always stay with tinted ones, by the way they are not as dark as they look on photo ;)

But appreciate everyones opinions

Cheers

Kes

BUT YOU CAN'T SEE IT/ THEM WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING!!!!:wall:

Probably no one else either.

I REALLY REALLY hate putting diesel in my car tbh, but funnily enough, it's rather essential, bit like BEING ABLE TO BE SEEN in fact!

Tinted rear lenses?

No. Sorry. Just don't get it...at all.

Edited by Mr Ree
  • Like 1

So what your car looks like has no influence on the purchase decision?

Let's keep this thread friendly, the OP is new, just like we all were once.

Pretty much yes, first thing remap, cause it doesn't like traffics, all my economy just disappear, when I get in London's traffic :D,

Keen to see what u go for ref re-map

Keep us posted! 

I've got 19's on mine :) Not sure if I'll keep them or change them yet, I love them but I love the old oem ones too! I thought you lowered it already? 

To the guys with the comments on the fly eye tints, I don't think they stop the brightness, they're just a mesh that sticks over the lamps. Loads of forum members have it on their cars from what I've seen... the overall finish isn't my cuppa and I think the Superb deserves a bit of class...says me with 19" diamond cut wheels (but I think they look nice haha!) 

It's just cause I have different taste, does not mean that you can have a go on me and the tail lights are not fully tinted, they are fly eye vinyl, which is just like fly eyes see thro spots so they are a lot btrighter than them normal tint vinyl

But thanks guys for your opinions

Everybody has their own thoughts ;)

Cheers

Kes

I've got 19's on mine :) Not sure if I'll keep them or change them yet, I love them but I love the old oem ones too! I thought you lowered it already?

To the guys with the comments on the fly eye tints, I don't think they stop the brightness, they're just a mesh that sticks over the lamps. Loads of forum members have it on their cars from what I've seen... the overall finish isn't my cuppa and I think the Superb deserves a bit of class...says me with 19" diamond cut wheels (but I think they look nice haha!)

Your one looks just right for me ;)

No it's not lowered yet, that pic was taken after I came after good familly shopping :D, I just want to lower it a little, so that that wheel arch gap is just too big :D and it's just too soft, put three people at rear and you will notice it went down

About wheel don't know either something diamond cut or just silver

Cheers

Kes

BUT YOU CAN'T SEE IT/ THEM WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING!!!!! :wall:

Probably no one else either.

I REALLY REALLY hate putting diesel in my car tbh, but funnily enough, it's rather essential, bit like BEING ABLE TO BE SEEN in fact!

Tinted rear lenses?

No. Sorry. Just don't get it...at all.

Do you know anything about fly eye tint?

So if you hate putting diesel get petrol car ;) just kidding

I'm just making the car to look good for me

Cheers

Kes

ahh haha, yeah I like the look of a fully loaded car too! free lowering option :)

Welcome to Briskoda by the way!

Thank you indeed :)

But I like people here, they're so active :D

Kes

• Like 1

Do you know anything about fly eye tint?

So if you hate putting diesel get petrol car ;) just kidding

I'm just making the car to look good for me

Cheers

Kes

Errr, no, and guess what?

I don't want to either, but thanks for the offer of info this obviously enthralling added essential.

What am I missing I wonder....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  :dull:

Errr, no, and guess what?

I don't want to either, but thanks for the offer of info this obviously enthralling added essential.

What am I missing I wonder....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  :dull:

I'm just saying that, there's enough light going thro, so it's bright enough to see them ;), and I just like the way they look now ;)

Of course you're not missing anything, I just have a bit different taste from yours

I think, I'm the one who drives that car so I do the way I want 

Peace mate

Kes