TMC or BLUESPARK for VRS

the diesel guys seem to be getting on well with them.... im tempted to buy one once they get back to me.

this could be a good option instead of the TMC box. Price certainly sucks me in there!

Reading more, they have a small following in the US on Caymans, and derv trucks, these guys seem fully legit!

i think come payday (14th) im going to buy one of these!

Edited by matthewl

Looks interesting to mee too. There's some of these on ebay for 120quid. They also offer the money back guarantee within 28days if your not happy too.

ahh is this just a bracket tsi tuning box like those weird TMC boxes which were being sold a while ago?

Emailed them also to ask the differences between their £120 box and bluesparks £175 box

Edited by matthewl

Reprogrammable for future vehicles. No need to purchase multiple remaps or tuning modules, keep your Bluespark Petrol Turbo Tuning Module and send it in for reprogramming should you change vehicle in the future.

i like the sound of that, im sure there'd be a charge for different cables but wouldnt be as much as a new box

• Like 1

Seems like your on the case with this one! It crossed my mind too with the tmc box episode.

Let me know when they get back to you with an answer.

As I guess with many others on here, I'm always sceptical about putting this sort of thing on my car if it's not tried and tested as the tmc box is. But someone's always got to be the first to try it out.

• Like 1

Im sold im going to buy one, once i hear back what the differences are between the two boxes.

they seem very popular overseas weirdly! this is a great option to the TMC box, im still waiting for a reply, but this is deffo the box im going for

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/threads/performance-tuning-the-3-0-turbo-diesel.17536/#post-82060

Edited by matthewl

bargepole

......wouldn't touch with

But I await what responses you get back from them with interest Matthew.

what are your reasons for not wanting to touch it?

you know me, and how i like cheap things haha.

im still waiting, its late on so probably wont hear till tomorrow afternoon.

tbh, a lot of other circles are using these, getting good results and having no issues, if somebody is willing to put it on a Cayman/BMW 135 then our little shopping cars will be fine.

Edited by matthewl

I'm wondering though where the difference in price between the tmc and bluespark has gone.

1) they've bought a tmc box, tested it and copied it into their own unit.

2) Used resistors in a fancy fashion and fobbed it out as pucker

3) not spent the time testing so little refinement in the processing of the signals.

I'm wondering though where the difference in price between the tmc and bluespark has gone.

1) they've bought a tmc box, tested it and copied it into their own unit.

2) Used resistors in a fancy fashion and fobbed it out as pucker

3) not spent the time testing so little refinement in the processing of the signals.

if you search google loads of people have ripped these apart and had a look.

these are single processor, like the cheaper TMC boxes on ebay before,

i think TMC are dual processor. so IMO TMC are superior from that POV.

But from a cost POV this one wins hands down, for me at least

Edited by matthewl

Our engines are proven to be highly strung and suffer (thinking of one thing from the top of my head) with heat produced misfires potentially lunching spark plugs and spitting pieces of them into the engine.

Anything that might bugger around with fuelling or other such in a way that could be detrimental to the engine really ought to do so (in my opinion only) in a very sophisticated and heavily tested way.

To my mind R&D equals cost equals this is too good to be true/safe.  But I would always take a bit of a conservative view on these things.

• Like 2

Reply;

Hi Matthew,
There are a few differences between our current range of Petrol kits and TMCs.
In terms of cost, obviously ours are lower priced, partly because we design / manufacture and sell them ourselves so there are no 3rd parties whereas TMC buy in their kits from Speed buster I believe so there are more companies involved.

The other reason is that our units are a little simpler in design. TMC used to use map sensor, boost sensor and throttle position. We eliminated the need for throttle by using software to calculate it based on the pressure difference between the two sensors reducing cost.
I believe the newer range of TMC boxes have cam sensor input instead of throttle, this is a good feature and can gain a little extra power in the mid range, however it's not necessary and for the few horsepower it will gain you we decided to opt for a lower cost product instead.
The box comes with a 2 year warranty against any manufacturing faults with the box, if you have any issues with it during this period we will repair or replace the tuning module. The warranty does not extend to covering the engine itself.

Best regards,
Jason

Looks interesting to mee too. There's some of these on ebay for 120quid. They also offer the money back guarantee within 28days if your not happy too.

Dear mlon9814,

Hi

This is the same unit as sold on the Bluepark website.

We, along with ebay seller djdafish are the only official ebay accounts of Bluespark products.

The price on here is a special offer price and will eventually be sold for the same cost as the website.

These petrol units have only recently been added to the Bluespark website.

- tuningboxesdirect

Hi Matt,
No problem. We can price match the units on eBay or you can purchase from there. This is a temporary offer to try and get Petrol tuning modules to increase in popularity.
Most of our boxes are single core, but this doesn't really tell you anything as you can get powerful single core processors and slow dual cores (think dual core mobile phone vs singe core desktop). Multiple processors for a device of this type are usually only needed if the software is inefficient.
As it goes, the cars ECU does many more tasks than our boxes are are low speed single core processors with very efficient code.

Thanks,
Jason

matthewl,  

If you are going to be the one trying that Tuning Box out on a 1.4 TSI Twincharger,  then ask them to supply one 'free gratis',  or at Cost price,

and you can give it real world testing and do a review.

Have you had your car on a Dyno Yet to see what it is doing.

& is the exhaust modified yet.?

A APR Stage 1 really is a better option than the Lottery of fitting one of those Boxes,  JIMO.

george

Iv just sent email to bluespark asking if I the eBay price can be matched and the part sent direct from them and not through eBay. The location on ebay in different to the websites location.

Also

TMC

222bhp / 340nm

Bluespark

207bhp / 288nm

That's only 8nm up from standard, 10hp gives 50nm more torque?

Very interesting reading! I have not long installed a 'real' TMC box onto my car and the difference is fantastic. It was a shame I had that ordeal with the Brazil eBay version but hey ho at least we all know the differences and now TMC have stopped selling them.

Our little engines are very highly strung and when lads starting bolting on TMC boxes the issues with the 1.4tsi were not known of. Luckily the TMC works well and no known issues have been recorded. If the first tuning box for the 1.4tsi was released now knowing what issues this engine can suffer from, would anyone fit it?? I doubt it!

This new device will probably be fine and deliver good results. But at the same time could be really bad and cause problems. I guess it boils down to whether you want your car to be the lab rat haha!

Either way, keep us all posted! :-)