Order placed at last....

After much faffing and looking at cars, I've taken the plunge and finally ordered a car. I have a little time to confirm the exact spec but looks like a 170 DSG L&K estate in metal grey with ivory interior. Havent chosen any additional options yet as I think it has pretty much everything I'm looking for right now and I've pushed the budget already really. Not seen a metal grey car in the flesh yet but hoping it looks as good in reality as it does in the pictures.

Ended up trying Carwow and they put me in touch with a very helpful dealer, who also smashed the offers from the local guys, although the downside is they're 300 miles away! The other advantage as well as price was the fact they had a slot in the queue that should see me with a car at just the right time to replace my  outgoing Merc. Hopefully it might come a little early and in time for the annual pilgrimage to the S of France as the extra space and better economy over SWMBOs wagon will make a difference.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here on....lots of stupid questions on SD cards, accessories and other stuff no doubt to follow! 

Nice one! Nice colours too. Yeah it's pretty well specced as it is and bear in mind adding extras may add to the lead time.

There will be lots of suggestions on here for various options though :) As it's a DSG I'm sure hill hold will be mentioned anyway!

Any delivery times quoted yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep - 1 attraction was that the dealer already had a slot in the queue for early Sept. They also said recent experience suggested that firm orders were being prioritised and often jumping up the order, so in a couple of days I may find its queue jumped and could be here sooner if I want it. Much as I want it ASAP it might mean a hassle of too many cars unless I give the current one back early, which is an option as I'll have met the 50% finance hurdle and can ditch it at any time now.

Might cycle to Scotland over a few days and throw everything in the car for a drive home - if the dates mean I can get 3 free days....

You might want to consider the DAB upgrade for an extra £150 quid or so. Save on trying to retrofit it later and would cost about the same but would have seamless integration. Also perhaps the electric boot it has saved endless moaning about getting a dirty hand when opening a manual boot.

Anyway enjoy the car :o)

Sounds like a perfect colour combo there. We are looking forward to you getting it so we can see pics!!! Carwow seems to be very good!

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

You might want to consider the DAB upgrade for an extra £150 quid or so. Save on trying to retrofit it later and would cost about the same but would have seamless integration. Also perhaps the electric boot it has saved endless moaning about getting a dirty hand when opening a manual boot.

Anyway enjoy the car :o)

DAB upgrade? Isn't DAB standard on L&K in the UK? I don't know if it is or not but didn't see it as an option when specced mine.

DAB is standard on the L&K, and Elegance for that matter.

Sounds a good combo and will be good to see pictures when it arrives.

Welcome to Briskoda BTW!

I ordered the 170 L&K Dsg estate in Metal Grey at the end of April and it now has a build week of first week of June.

The dealer had an elegance in the showroom in metal grey and when we were speccing up the car with the dealer the wife just pointed to the showroom car and said "that colour". It's a stunning colour.

We went with the brown leather. I'm particularly nervous about it as we didn't have the chance to see the brown in the flesh and I don't think it will go with the metal grey but ivory was a no-no for us with two kids under two. Would have preferred onyx black and it baffles me why skoda doesn't have this as an option on the L&K.

Keep us posted!!

I had Skoda UK provide me with a swatch 2 years ago last December when I ordered mine. There are others on here who have been pleased with the colour once they have seen it in the "flesh" :D so to speak.

Perhaps some of the L&K owners could post some pictures of the brown interior in a separate thread so that prospective owners can view?

Could be pinned to the top of the Superb II section.

Good idea as the broucher is not kind to the brown leather colour. I tried to upload photographs once but was unable too for some reason.

Must find a five year to show me how. :D

Edited by Danny 57

I went for ivory and was at first worried the ivory, black and brown cabin combo would be odd but the dealer sent me a couple of pics and it looks great IMHO. Hope its as good in real life!

Got a message this weekend that it will be delivered on week 26 which appears to be the last week in June so hopefully not long now.

gallery_117054_1380_2228.jpg

I went for ivory and was at first worried the ivory, black and brown cabin combo would be odd but the dealer sent me a couple of pics and it looks great IMHO. Hope its as good in real life!

Got a message this weekend that it will be delivered on week 26 which appears to be the last week in June so hopefully not long now.

gallery_117054_1380_2228.jpg

Did you go for black or ivory carpets? Black is much more practical and doesn't take from the look either

didnt specify but thought I read here that they all came with black now anyway? Have a cal with the dealer to look at a couple of bits next wek.

didnt specify but thought I read here that they all came with black now anyway? Have a cal with the dealer to look at a couple of bits next wek.

Maybe its all black in the UK but just double check.  It wasn't obvious when I was ordering and the dealer didn't know there was a difference but when I asked them to check it out there was an option for either all ivory or ivory with black carpets.  I'm in Ireland so maybe different and these things seem to change all the time anyway.

• Like 1

thanks - I also need to ring to order the auto rear parcel shelf that strikes me as a very handy idea and not a huge rip off at £60. 

The thing thats confusing me know is all the talk about use of the SD card slot for pre-loading music and the best way to connect & charge my iPhone. Does the Superb have any 12v points in the armrest or other storage places where you can plug in a phone out of sight? I hate having it sat in a tray or sticking out of a cubby hole in the dash. Ideally I want it out of sight, charging and connected for music so I can control it from the steering wheel controls. The SD card slot seems handy for music but I believe it makes playlists and random play difficult so just plugging the iPhone and using it would be much simpler.

There is a 12v socket in the cubby hole/ashtray beneath the air con controls. You could put a USB adaptor in that and charge from there?

There is also the AUX in stock in the front armrest/storage box.

If you want the phone out of sight you could plug in the charger in the rear console (there is another socket there) and then hide the phone in the armrest/storage box.

Or if you really want it out of sight stick it in the boot as there is another 12v socket there!

thanks guys - seems like there are some options. In the past I've managed to get leads tucked between panel edges and run into the armrest box or other storage areas so its all fairly neat. I dont like phones in holes like the ashtray area etc if I can help it. 

I take it the MDI isnt a worthwhile option? I see people here say its pointless all the time but I'm not clear exactly what it does and where it is? The usual lack of info on the Skoda w/s is very frustrating....

EDIT - having said that I did some focused Googling and found some stuff on the Skoda website I never managed to actually see before. Some detailed pics and descriptions of various options!!!!

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/HotspotDetail?HotspotName=New%20%C5%A0KODA%20Superb%20-%20MDI%20(Mobile%20Device%20Interface)&WebID=d73ff4a6-28c7-4f35-8e61-67eac71ac08d&Page=technology

Edited by Bigpikle

MDI is a universal socket for connecting things by wire to the in car audio. It uses a non-standard socket and suitable cables are available for iPhones and for USB and it seems now for the latest small connector on the iPhone 5. The iPhone cable is perfect for my iPod, as it will charge the iPod, and I can control the iPod from the Amundsen fitted in my car.  Do I use it routinely? No. I spent <£15 on a 32GB SD card and put all my music on that!

However it might do exactly what you want simply to keep the iPhone charged without visible cables. It lives in the front armrest separating the driver's seat from the passenger's.

Some use the USB adaptor which will charge any iPhone and connect to the head unit via Bluetooth