weirid aircon

hi there

i have recently regassed my aircon to find out even after that its not blowing cold air..i started looking around for compressors when few days ago on the way from work i was driving it -still without aircon  but when i put my foot down it just started blowing cold air...i slowed down it went back to normal temperature air, so i put my foot down again and it went cold...

all in all aircon is working now but it takes a while for it to come on and also the air is not super cold like on some cars i have driven , what could be causing it?

Did you re gas with the correct weight of gas as per sticker on slam panel?

i am not sure tbh i went to the garage and they done it...would it make a difference?

and another thing i noticed if i slam it on full blast before accelerating on a hot day it blows hot air, if i reduce it to half way it starts blowing cold then full blast again and i get cold but not as cold as half way...

Take it back to the guys who regassed it, they are the experts.

Also, most of them will not charge you for the regas if it doesn't reduce the air temperature.

• Like 1

Mine does it too, but "under voltage" error codes for various things makes me think my Alternator is on its way out (new battery in Feb). I had a new aircon rad a couple of months ago and an obvious regas too. Mine also makes funny sounds from the control panel as well :/

• 1 month later...

Sounds like mine before I fixed it.

The symptoms you described lasted for a few weeks before it stopped working altogether.

I had it regassed but it still didn't work, auto electrician plugged in diagnostic unit and found pressure sensor was faulty.

Bought a replacement sensor for £22 from eBay and fitted it myself, five minute job.

The aircon slowly stirred into life but I had it regassed again as the sensor was corroded through and a potential gas leak.

It's working fine but I still can't get it really cold as in some cars.

After new sensor: 15C ambient... 7C at vents.

After 2nd regass: 25C ambient... 10C at vents.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221420899027?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Looking under the bonnet, the sensor is on the left hand side, low down behind the radiator.

Just enough room to wriggle an arm down.

The plastic wiring connector is a pain to remove, the technique seems to be to pinch the very end where there is a small slot/tab then pull up.

You'll need a short 17mm spanner to fit on the underside of the sensor, just to break the torque then unscrew by hand.

Expect a small hiss of gas as the sensor is unscrewed, don't panic, the fitting has a valve which is closed by the time the sensor is partly unscrewed.

Refitting is simply the reverse, just nipping the sensor up with the spanner, don't horse the fine threads.

I found the aircon slow to get going initially, thinking the sensor replacement hadn't worked, but cycling the climatronic LO-HI, ECON on-off got it going.

The sensor seems good German quality and is the E revision.

Good luck if you decide to give it a go.

nice, ill find it, just one more thing, did it make the aircon work straight away or do you still need to drive it for a while before it starts blowing cold air?

The sensor definitely fixed it as it was corroded through, burnt out and a potential gas leak.

It took a few minutes to get the aircon going again, as I said I had to play with the buttons.

I suspect the controller needed prompting from its failed state to acknowledge a new working sensor had been fitted, or so it seemed.

It's working fine but I still can't get it really cold as in some cars.

After new sensor: 15C ambient... 7C at vents.
After 2nd regass: 25C ambient... 10C at vents.

They're about the same temperatures that I'm getting is that not normal?

Phil

Dunno for sure, I just hear folks saying 4-7C at the vents and I've felt colder in other cars.

Anyway it works, I've some tech paperwork somewhere that details the exact specs so I'll have a hunt around and report back if I find it.

Quick question I have a fault code of low refrigerant pressure yet when it was regassed last month they told me it had enough gas and there were no leaks yet my air con still blows warm. Could mine be related to the pressure sensor?

Quick question I have a fault code of low refrigerant pressure yet when it was regassed last month they told me it had enough gas and there were no leaks yet my air con still blows warm. Could mine be related to the pressure sensor?

You have the opposite to me:

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 1K0-907-044.lbl

Part No: 1Z0 907 044 H

Component: ClimatronicPQ35 084 0305

Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000

VCID: 3B7EECEF7A4343C68E5-806E

1 Fault Found:

00229 - Refrigerant Pressure

001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

Yeah tempted to take mine to skoda but worried about getting bills I can't afford to pay lol. Don't really want to pay them £65 to "take a look" before they even attempt to repair it.

My air con is shot and in need of some TLC.

I had mine cleaned and re-gased last year but it has made no difference whatsoever. I bought an offer on Groupon but feel that they just went through the motions and wasted my time, I should have complained but to be honest the weather didn't require air con at the time so I let I go too long before testing it properly. I should have noticed the difference instantly but nothing!

When I use the Econ button i.e. light ON the temp is as outside but turning the light off there is a slight drop in temp and just enough to keep this heat at bay with the blowers on full and windows up. Is that the condenser or compressor at fault and who should I see about it with out getting my wallet emptied?

Took mine to skoda dealer today to get aircon service after I found it was blowing warm and had zero coolant pressure. They told me I had a fault with the condenser and it would be replaced under warranty. Not sure of the fault exactly but can't be the usual stone damage. Either way, I'm a happy chappy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD