I've brought superskoda DTM spoiler / splitter vRS

My lower bumper splitter came and I managed to test fit it yesterday (hence the cardboard lol), I think it looks good. Fit is also excellent following the contours of the lower bumper perfectly.

Will post a pic up when it's fitted permanently (hopefully tomorrow if it's not raining).

I think it looks better than when I picked it up - black grille, tinted windows and lower splitter. Kinda needs some subtle OEM looking non chavvy side skirts now :-)

b7b6f1d75c0d4a9a0762a84f00647ac3_zpse13c

e4587b65638c7b55100b61ca33327867_zps4e75

Edited by xpower

Looking very good mate, however I reckon to finish of the profile of the car, you need to do the black mirror casings,......again you can get these from Superskoda,..

Looks good, I think the sills let the Octavia down a little, with the rough underseal exposed. Surely it would be cheaper to get the black mirror caps from Skoda like it is with the grill surround?

Yeah the side sills do let it down which is why I'm on the hunt for some skirts. TBH I'm not that keen on the black mirror caps - reminds me of old cars which came with them because they were base spec.

Luckily I managed to matte black wrap the grille so when it get s chipped from stones I can just re-wrap it (wrap cost around £10)

If anyone sees any decent side skirts them post them up :-p

When I read DTM in the subject line before clicking on the post, I was expecting a huge rear spoiler and a rear splitter.

• Like 1

Agreed, looks naff.  

But always interesting seeing owners trying and testing other things so credit for doing it.

Can't even give credit for that unless he's put it on, taken a picture and then took it off again because he realised it makes it look like a boy racer's dream.

Not keen on it as it is at the moment but reckon the splitter might well blend in better as a whole if the side-skirts are fitted too.

It might blend in better without the cardboard...  :p

• Like 1

I can't decide if I like it or not.  I think it'd work better if the car as a whole was more aggressive, i.e. flared wheel arches etc.  I think on it's own it doesn't really look right.

Cardboard aside, I think it looks OK but I agree needs something to balance it up at the sides (and rear), but not in a Focusy (chavvy boy racer) way.

I like the plate -  I didn't realise we had an "enders" star on here :)

• Like 1

Not sure it matter what it looks like, a splitter is all about improved handling which as you've already improved the engine performance is very sensible, I'd have suggested red/yellow stuff pads too but, I see EBC haven't made anything for the O3 as yet which is a shame, I just loved the red stuff pads on my Mk2.

Not sure it matter what it looks like, a splitter is all about improved handling which as you've already improved the engine performance is very sensible, I'd have suggested red/yellow stuff pads too but, I see EBC haven't made anything for the O3 as yet which is a shame, I just loved the red stuff pads on my Mk2.

What's he done to improve the engine performance? Is it a tuning box?

I'd be shocked if that splitter made any tangible improvement to handling or resulted in a faster lap time lol!

Not sure it matter what it looks like, a splitter is all about improved handling which as you've already improved the engine performance is very sensible, I'd have suggested red/yellow stuff pads too but, I see EBC haven't made anything for the O3 as yet which is a shame, I just loved the red stuff pads on my Mk2.

Surely it will provide a very minimal difference, probably unnoticeable.

I think it looks OK also, but as stated by the OP and others, would be bettered by some sort of 'tasteful' side skirts.

What's he done to improve the engine performance? Is it a tuning box?

I'd be shocked if that splitter made any tangible improvement to handling or resulted in a faster lap time lol!

If you look under xpower's profile picture, it says his car is a diesel with 235ps as rather than the normal 184.

Not sure it matter what it looks like, a splitter is all about improved handling which as you've already improved the engine performance is very sensible, I'd have suggested red/yellow stuff pads too but, I see EBC haven't made anything for the O3 as yet which is a shame, I just loved the red stuff pads on my Mk2.

I am not sure you'd notice any aerodynamic benefits. It will definitely do "something" to the airflow around and underneath the car but you wouldn't notice that unless you'd be going rather fast...and even then you'd still be driving a car that weighs 1.5t.

It's purely for looks (or the lack of).

• Like 1