Coding / Adaptation Help required

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Octavia vRS, it has front assist fitted (camera) which includes lane assist, rain sensor and light sensor, I have Bi-Xenon AFSII headlights.

I am trying to see if it is possible to code High Beam Assist (HBA module 20)

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

(1)Coded the gateway to include Module 20 – HBA (I have ticked it)

CAN3_zpsf95f8026.jpg

(2) Check the adaptations in the gateway (HBA coded)

HBAcoded1_zps68b9564e.jpg

(3) Coded the front assist to include HBA and light assist (Module A5 frt sens. Drv assist)

HBAcoded2_zps27a0891b.jpg

(4) Checked in adaptations that HBA is coded

(5) Changed adaptations in 09 CCM to include menu for HBA in infotainment

(Menu is now present and works)

When I activate the HBA by pushing the stalk forwards I get the correct symbol on the dash to show it has been activated with no errors (this threw up an error until I coded step 3)

However – When I activate it is just doesn’t work, the symbol is there on the dash but the high beams don’t come on at all and therefore don’t switch automatically.

I can override them by pushing the main beam stalk forwards again reverting to normal mode at which point the auto high beam symbol goes out.

I was to believe that the HBA module was part of the camera and light assist module and therefore only coding and adaptations would be required.  I can’t find any for adaptations or coding options relevant to the HBA.  The Long coder doesn’t show any tick boxes in my CAN gateway, as it must be too new.

However there is still clearly no communication to the 20-HBA Module

Any info is welcomed

i will post this up on the ross-tech forum to see if anyone has had any luck on Golfs or Leons

IF we can get this working there will be a lot of vRS owners who would like it, its like a £300 optional extra  :rock:

Thanks

Edited by xpower

IF we can get this working there will be a lot of vRS owners who would like it, its like a £300 optional extra  :rock:

I'd love this on mine! Sorry I can't be of any help though.

Another vrs owner here that would be interested.  What you need is a scan from a car with the high beam assist, there are a few brisky members with hba... Think there may have been a thread discussing it...any of them close to you and able to let you vcds scan their car?

Another vrs owner here that would be interested. What you need is a scan from a car with the high beam assist, there are a few brisky members with hba... Think there may have been a thread discussing it...any of them close to you and able to let you vcds scan their car?

The scan needs to be from a car with lane assist and high beam assist and there won't em many about....

Nice one, I'll add it to the adaptations thread.

Your next challenge - stop the 'Reduced Functionality' message when Traffic Sign Recognition is enabled :)

If only I had a car with Lane Assist to play with .........

• Like 1

I've cracked it and it works!!! Will post up details later when I get 5 :-)

Nice job :)

Could you please check for me if there is possibility to change the sensitivity.

Something like this (bottom of the page): http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=264149.20

I have factory HBA (without lane assist) and I'm not satisfied with the sensitivity. I would like to set it higher as it sometimes switches off high beams too late.

I'm planning to buy VCDS and I'm very interested.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, so the whole CAN gateway coding and fault code threw me but it doesn't matter.  Module 20 (high beam assist) is apparently (again only a rough idea from what I've read) is if you don't have lane assist.

So you don't need to perform any coding on the gateway to get this working. The coding i did earlier on this thread works fine - just doesn't look like I was going quick enough (or maybe it wasn't PITCH black and thats why it didn't work.)

Last night I was coming home and the high beams came one automatically - then switched off as a vehicle approached! Super :clap:

As for the traffic sign recognition I will look into it but TBH I have enabled it today and tried it and without the Sat Nav information it is really hit and miss! I went past 3 x 30mph signs today (small ones not the normal large ones) and it didn't even pick them up - stayed at the previous 50mph.  Looks like it only works on the normal large ones and maybe even the medium diameter ones, not accurate enough to really use.

Anyways the HBA.......

Edited by xpower

Nice job :)

Could you please check for me if there is possibility to change the sensitivity.

Something like this (bottom of the page): http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=264149.20

I have factory HBA (without lane assist) and I'm not satisfied with the sensitivity. I would like to set it higher as it sometimes switches off high beams too late.

I'm planning to buy VCDS and I'm very interested.

Thanks in advance.

I will have a look but the only adaptations I have seen for HBA is in the A5 module (front assist)

Activation speed

Deactivation speed

Light level it activates at (std is 3lx)

Light level it deactivates at (std is 20lx)

Not really sure how the last 2 work as they are miles apart :-|

Edited by xpower

I will have a look but the only adaptations I have seen for HBA is in the A5 module (front assist)

Activation speed

Deactivation speed

The level it activates will be the ambient light level, 3 lux and then 20 lux for it to deactivate....

• Like 1

Activation speed

Deactivation speed

Good news, thank you very much. :)

Damn just realised you need to check the coding of the 09 CCM as well BYTE 2 bit 0-2, if doesn't have light assist selected then you will need to do so. I've set mine to come on at 10lx in the A5 adaptations and it seems to work much better!

HBAstep7_zps6c4d4212.jpg

Good work!!!

Can this only be coded with the beta version of VCDS?

Next challenge - any chance you can recode front assist and standard cruise on VRS to ACC?

Good work!!!

Can this only be coded with the beta version of VCDS?

Next challenge - any chance you can recode front assist and standard cruise on VRS to ACC?

You need the front radar for ACC :-( Edited by xpower

Ah I see - I don't have front assist so I don't even have a car available to play with. I would imagine working on the same principal as HBA you may be able to activate it using coding if you have the radar.