Simple Questions, DQ200 DSG 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch, UK 'Service Campaign.'

So please, just simply. 

'Only those that have been in to have it done'.

Any Fabia MK2 or Other Skodas.

If your car has been in,

(or is due in.. but there is some delay)

How did you find out that the 'Service Campaign' was required on your DSG ?

What were you told was required, & was it explained why?

How did it go,?  All OK, and no isssues?

What Paperwork or Service Book Stamp was given to you?

When was your car First Registered?

(Edited)

Thank You.

george

1. Found out on here. Although when I rang to book service they told me.

2. Fully informed of the reason after I asked. Wasnt told anything before that.

3. I believe its shown up issues. Skoda disagree. Its the juddering and hesitation. It was there before, but im adamant its worse now.

4. Invoice given. Thats it. No sticker no nothing.

• Like 2

1) by telephone - out of the blue

2) to replace synthetic oil with mineral oil and firmware update

3) very smoothly. Took all day, but courtesy car waiting for me (Citigo Sports)

4) None. I did ask if my book should be stamped, but they said no, it would be recorded in computer service history.

Cant really discern any difference. If anything gear changes seem crisper, & more relevent to revs. But this could be imagination. Also wheels don't spin as much, but this could be dry weather.

All in all a pleasant experience from Simpsons at Preston. Thank you Simon (I know you read Briskoda!)

• Like 2

Reacted to Millysvrs thread and contacted dealer who checked both of my partners cars ,old and new for "recall" but both were clean. No mention of any update to ECU though.

Cheers Millysvrs!

George ,perhaps you should send results to Skoda UK , ABOUT HOW NOT TO COMMUNICATE!

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Reacted to Millysvrs thread and contacted dealer who checked both of my partners cars ,old and new for "recall" but both were clean. No mention of any update to ECU though.

Cheers Millysvrs!

George ,perhaps you should send results to Skoda UK , ABOUT HOW NOT TO COMMUNICATE!

Old CAVE July 2011 New CTHE July 2013,registered.

• Like 1

on here 

was told nothing... I told them, and they said, "oh yes, its on here, we are awaiting the appropriate tool before contacting customers"

All ok , no issues, before or after

no paperwork, no service book stamp... marked as done on car record (computer)

April 2013

• Like 1

1. Had a call from dealer. Car was in with them for a service.

2. Explained that it needed to change the oil and update DSG

3. So far so good

4. No stamp. Had to sign paper work to say the DSG recall wwas completed.

5. Sept 2013

• Like 1

As above but had back of book filled in under additional info just with the campaign number and the date. Very cloak and dagger

• Like 2

I found out when I dropped my car off for its 30K service. Got asked to sign a document to state the recall/service was due.

Yes, the master tech came out and explained what was involved in the service. It wasn't explained why the work was being required.

How did it go,? All OK, and no isssues?

The gear changes are smoother, I have noticed the 1 or 2 moments where the DSG has hesitated and not performed how it did before the service. The box is more reluctant to change down on the kick down. For example it will hold her in 7th unless more than 50% throttle is used.

Nothing. It's all 'On their systems'

(Edited) April 2011 but first delivered to the dealership Dec 2010 - Not an ex demo. Just a dealer stock car.

Edited by Ally_bassman
  • Like 2

1. http://www.skoda-auto.com.kw/service/recall-campaign - from various threads on here - good link, deserves greater prominence

Told vaguely that my DSG oil needed changing - I had already read up the details - my car was booked in to investigate retention of water in the doors

It went well, no discernible issues at all although I was told that my DSG might behave differently for a while

No paperwork, nothing in the service book

• Like 2

Clearly, 'SKODA UK' need to put on their UK Websites a 'VIN CHECKER' for 'Service Campaigns'

like Skoda does in other World Regions.

Why should we need to use one Published by 'SKODA KUWAIT'.

They use the term 'RECALL CAMPAIGN',  there are no RECALLS in the UK. 

RECALLS would be official & on the VOSA RECALL SITE, & Registered Keepers would be informed of a RECALL.

http://dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls

&

'SKODA UK' should put on their Websites a 'Notice of Service Campaigns' in the UK.

The DQ200 7 SPEED TWIN DRY CLUTCH DSG is not the only 'Service Campaign' item requiring attention on some Fabias or other Skodas.

Heated Seat Elements/Switches, Wiring Looms & who knows what else, because dealerships often seem to miss these, and fail to inform owners.

Seems Simple for Skoda UK to put in there News Items on Skoda UK,

like Skoda New Zealand did 12 months ago.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

HERE IS A GOOD PLACE FOR 'SKODA UK' TO TELL CURRENT OWNERS ABOUT 'SERVICE CAMPAIGNS'.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/news

• Like 1

Clearly, 'SKODA UK' need to put on their UK Websites a 'VIN Checker' for 'Service Campaigns'

like Skoda does in other World Regions. Why should we need to use one Published by 'SKODA KUWAIT'.

&

Also on their Websites an 'Notice of Service Campaigns' in the UK.

The DSG is not the only 'Service Campaign' item requiring attention on some Fabias or other Skodas.

Heated Seat Elements/Switches, Wiring Looms & who knows what else, because dealerships often seem to miss these, and fail to inform owners.

Seems Simple for Skoda UK to put in there News Items on Skoda UK, like Skoda New Zealand did 12 months ago.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

May well be talking to Tom Chadwick later today, as he has responded by phone about my suggestion of entry on Skoda UK website for such calls.(left a message for me to contact him for a chat)

Will get back to you George.

Hope he and others at Skoda UK read the comments in this thread.

• Like 2

'SKODA UK' have the cheek to link to the VOSA RECALL SITE, on their Website with Useful Links,

for 'SKODA FLEET OPERATORS'.

** No SKODA UK, VIN CHECKER for SERVICE CAMPAIGNS  though.**

They make some Skoda Faults as not 'Safety Critical', so not a 'RECALL' with 'VOSA'.

Then they do a 'Silent Service Campaigns'.

Not even bothering to put out Press Releases.

That can not only affect Private Owners but SKODA FLEET OPERATORS, vehicles not being picked up as needing Field Actions.

http://skoda.co.uk/fleet/useful-fleet-links/operating-costs

On Briskoda, then a call to Skoda dealership to confirm. 

Gearbox oil change only, no other action required. Only explanation was that the wrong oil had been put in. 

Car feels fine, no different to before. Issue when i got home and poped the bonnet and found the gearbox breather vent cap hadnt been re fitted. (re fitted myself)

No service stamp, just asked to sign a sheet which stated that recall work had been completed - gearbox oil change.

June 2011 CAVE

• Like 1

Skoda UK need to put on their UK Websites a 'VIN Checker' for 'Service Campaigns'

I agree with this for one very simple reason - outside of the warranty period some owners might well choose to have their car serviced by a known and trusted mechanic.  Unfortunately this may be a reason for Skoda NOT to publicise such information . . . or am I being too cynical here?

• Like 1

Found out on here.

Not had it done yet as am unable to drive after operation..should be okay in a week or two.

Rang Westgate Skoda in Grimsby who "strongly advise having work done" Told them I will book it in when Doc gives me all clear.

Very reluctant to have work done as my gearbox is so smooth without any of the gremlins some people have reported.

Car registered 2010 but has done only 17500 miles.

Harry.

• Like 1

vxh26,

You could be right, but it is not a Warranty Timed Out Issue,

and they Convinced the DfT / VOSA in the UK that it is not Safety Critical.

They must have assured them there would be a Service Campaign.

If cars are Serviced as per Service Schedule which still does not mention Oil Changes to the  DQ200

which is what we are talking about, this will continue into the future, and the VWG will need to take full responsibility 

on any Failures through Design, Manufacturing or Workmanship.

The oldest vehicles that might be affected in the UK appear to be 5 years old,

The VWG & Skoda are going to have Corporate Responsibilities over there Manufacturing fault as long as Vehicles are out there that might have a Loss or Interruption of Power or Drive.

So the costs to them will continue for many years if they just do  'Silent Service Campaigns', while other World Regions get Recalls or Service Campaigns that are made public.

It might be expected that the earliest DSG's with the Synthetic Oil in might be more likely to fail.

or have Mechatronic Control Unit failure,

yet those are the vehicles that Skoda UK Dealers might not have Contact Details for the Registered Keepers 

unless a 'Recall' is done in the UK.

Anyway, who knows among Owners & Drivers, Skoda UK are not telling,

& the VWG of which Skoda is part seem to be saying there have been no UK Vehicles that have Suffered from Interruption or loss of Power or Drive because of having Synthetic Oil in the DSG.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/vw-uk-why-we-dont-need-dsg-recall

FUNNY THERE IS NO UPDATE PRESS RELEASES or ARTICLES 12 MONTHS LATER JUST AS PROMINENT SAYING,

'WHY WE ARE DOING UK SERVICE CAMPAIGNS'.

I agree with this for one very simple reason - outside of the warranty period some owners might well choose to have their car serviced by a known and trusted mechanic.  Unfortunately this may be a reason for Skoda NOT to publicise such information . . . or am I being too cynical here?

Mine comes into this category as I bought it outside of the main dealer. I'll report if there are any related consequences.

Harry.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Bump Friday.

3000 Fabia Mk2 vRS in the UK from 2010-2015, 

and then all the other Skoda, Seat, VW & Seat that have the DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch gearboxes,

& no idea how many needed Service Campaign work,

Maybe Skoda / VW are happy that not all Registered Keepers know.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/350460-known-dsg-niggles

Edited by goneoffSKi

Please i need help to help others.

So.

If you have not already answered, & your car was in for the Service Campaign on the DSG DQ200,

Can you say when your car was 'First Registered in the UK or any other Country.

& what type of Skoda, VW. Seat or Audi.

Any other info you have as well please, what you were told, just anything. 

Thank you very much.

george