Octavia III vcds tweaks

Has anybody coded in rain closing on new Octavia and now the coming home/leaving home light functions not worked properly afterwords. For instance since I coded rain close my leaving home lights don't come on when car is unlocked if left for a few hours. But if you leave car for 20 mins and go back to it they come on.

I am having the same issue. The coming home lights (when you unlock) do not work, this occurs when you leave for a longer period of time, a little 10 minute stop won't matter. Think I am going to code the Rain closing back to normal tomorrow and see if this fixes the issue.

Edited by accobra

exact same issue as in having. I'm going to code out then try re coding see if it makes a difference. Do you know what the factory coding was I have it at work just not at home.

RLFS coding is 02805D from the factory. See if that cures the issue. Be interesting to see if it is the RLFS coding or the Adaptations causing the issue. Try resetting the lighting and convenience settings to factory default from the infotainment unit first.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yep, the RLFS will only accept certain codings. 02805D is how they come from the factory, ie no rainclosing. In theory, 06805D would be the coding for rain closing, but it won't accept that. It will accept 06885D though. The other option is 07805D, which enables highway lights as well. Put your RLFS coding back to the original factory coding and see if you still have the issue. If you do, reverse the adaptation changes one by one to see which one is causing the issue. You will need to reset lights and opening and closing in infotainment after each change to make sure the car has read the new values.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have just tried it the leaving home lights won't come on when unlockin car. If I switch ignition on then back off then lock and unlock the car the leaving home lights come on.

Just tried what? You originally posted that this was an issue so what have you changed? or are you just re-iterating your original post?

trying to help you get to the bottom of this, I can't try this on my car as it is back in to the dealers for the 100th time tomorrow so all coding and adaptations are as factory, and have been for quite some time now. Until they fix my issues my car is standard so they can't blame me :)

This is how I would troubleshoot this:

1. Put RLFS coding back to factory standard of 02805D. Reset lights and opening & closing in Infotainment. See if issue still exists.
  2. If it does, go back to the 3 adaptation changes that were made. The menu item one is unlikely to cause the issue, so try reverting the other 2 adaptations back to how they were (1 at a time) and doing the infotainment reset as above after each one.

Post back here on exactly what steps you have taken and the results.

I have coded rainclosing on mine and reverted back to standard coding and adaptations and have no issues with the leaving home function, so one of the changes is causing it. It should be fairly easy to sort this out, but I can't experiment at the moment.

My money would be on either

Change (14) Access control 2-Regenschließen ein aus to Active

or probably less likely

Change (15) Access control 2-Regenschließen art to Permanent

You can change Change (15) Access control 2-Regenschließen art to Once which means if you want rain closing you have to enable it each time in Infotainment before locking the car.

On other you can try: after coding the Adations and the RLFS go to the Infotaiment (open and close) and deaktivate the Rainclosing. After some seconds reactivate the Rainclosing again.

Here's what i've found after having rain closing coded on mine.

Left it parked up for roughly 6 hours, went out at about 10:30 pm, no leaving home lights. Got called to work at 1:45 am so the car had been parked for nearly 3 hours (the mpg 'since start' had reset) and the leaving home lights came on when I unlocked it......

I have put the coding for rain light sensor back to factory and it seems to work will monitor it over the next couple of days. The car was stood for 4 hrs this morning I covered the sensor with cardboard and then unlocked the doors the lights worked as I would expect.

It seems if the car is left for a period of 4 hrs or more it turns leaving home lights off until ignition is cycled then they work as you would expect.

• Like 1

Is it worth a try switching Rain Closing off on the infotainment?

Before I set off home from work I switched off Rain Closing through the infotainment, got home left it for 5 and a half hours, just unlocked it and the leaving home lights came on :)

The car needs to be left for a minimum if 4 hours then unlock car in the dark or cover light sensor then see if the come on.

Lol! Did you not read any of my post? I left it for 5 and a half hours then unlocked it at 11pm, which is when it's dark here on earth and the leaving home lights came on.

I have now activated the LED Number plate - it still reports the error ... 

- Original VW LED (3AF943021A)

- A classic setting: the instructions here

- car is VRS combi electric trunk opening (but perhaps it does not affect anything) 

- Made 03/2014 

what it could be someone in mind?

I have now activated the LED Number plate - it still reports the error ... 

- Original VW LED (3AF943021A)

- A classic setting: the instructions here

- car is VRS combi electric trunk opening (but perhaps it does not affect anything) 

- Made 03/2014 

what it could be someone in mind?

If you look further up the thread you will see my adaptation which works (for me)

(1)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25 change from 18 - 2* 5W  to  LED Lichtmodul

A little confusing having multiple options for the same thing I know

Sorry mate missed that post I can confirm I coded light sensor back to standard car was left for possibly 12 hours and the leaving home lights came on so I now need to find a coding that works. Or leave it coded out.

If you look further up the thread you will see my adaptation which works (for me)

(1)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25 change from 18 - 2* 5W  to  LED Lichtmodul

A little confusing having multiple options for the same thing I know

I've tried - same result - error