New member - Citigo problem

dafsaer

Hi. Loving our new Citigo Elegance, bought 1 March this year, five months after ordering BUT two weeks ago couldn't get it into reverse at all!

Called Skoda Assistance who promptly arrived but couldn't get it into reverse either. Drove the car to main dealer who phoned us two days later to say it was fine, they hadn't done anything to it and their technician could get it into reverse every time, and that it was a CHARACTERISTIC of the car and that we should have been told about it.

HANG ON A SEC! If you were told by a main dealer that it was a "characteristic" of a brand new car that it sometimes wouldn't go into reverse, would you go ahead and buy it? Personally, I smell bull**** here. Skoda Customer Care are in the process of investigating my case. Watch this space.

Edited by dafsaer
  • Like 2

Well, shall I complain to my dealer that I am missing this particular "characteristic" on my car? It's just over a year old and I've had no trouble selecting reverse in all that time.

• Like 1

It's a well known problem with these and the VW Up also and yes you get told it's a characteristic of the gearbox. You won't get very far trying to pursue it.

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Hi. Loving our new Citigo Elegance, bought 1 March this year, five months after ordering BUT two weeks ago couldn't get it into reverse at all!

Called Skoda Assistance who promptly arrived but couldn't get it into reverse either. Drove the car to main dealer who phoned us two days later to say it was fine, they hadn't done anything to it and their technician could get it into reverse every time, and that it was a CHARACTERISTIC of the car and that we should have been told about it.

HANG ON A SEC! If you were told by a main dealer that it was a "characteristic" of a brand new car that it sometimes wouldn't go into reverse, would you go ahead and buy it? Personally, I smell bull**** here. Skoda Customer Care are in the process of investigating my case. Watch this space.

Hate that word and it is used alot. I had a issue with my fabia that went on for over a year and I were kept being told the juddering at idle were characteristic of the BLT engine. 

• Like 1

I've had this issue, found that if I just pop it back into first then back it'll go into reverse, I think it may be possibly due to a safety feature not allowing you to "accidentally" select reverse at high speeds etc that doesn't deactivate

Odd that a skoda assist operative does not know about this feature. Must have been his first day in the job. Anyway since skoda do not advise buyers. Best log the fault with skoda uk. The technicians don't.

• Like 1

My Citigo has now completed 2000 miles. Had this problem 3times. Once stopped the engine on stop/start and ok afterwards. If this continues will log a fault with Skoda.

Log it anyway, as this starts to build a history  for all Customer issues /malfunction with the marc. . 

We were slow to get people logging problems with Skoda UK on the Fabia vRS MK2 and look at what happened there to Customers, not getting any satisfactions until they had pulled hens teeth with Skoda UK. 

NEAR MISSES AND Faults like this should always be logged.

• Like 1

Skoda UK might just come up with an engineering fix, via a Service Campaign Route.

• Like 1

Hi folks - thanks for all your replies. This is the reply I got from Manpreet Bhambra, a Skoda Customer Relations Manager:

"Following my conversation with Mr Saer on 24 June 2014, I spoke with Cath Hughes, the Aftersales Manger at White Dove ŠKODA.

Cath advised that your vehicle had been examined by their technicians who found that the vehicle went into reverse gear every
time. The gearbox and linkages were also tested and both seemed to be in perfect order.

Cath is happy to examine the vehicle again if you wish. However, if no fault is found there will be a fee for the diagnosis.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to call us on 03330 037 504."

He wants to know if I'm happy for him to close the case. I'm not sure if I'm entirely happy as there has been no acknowledgement of a problem, let alone fixing it.
Several of you have mentioned logging the problem with Skoda UK, but how is this done?
  • Like 1

www.Skoda.co.uk

Then enter into the contact section.

Construct and email regarding the recent events with the car , dealer and Skoda Customer Services dept.

Say that you would like a Case No. Issued so that a  history file is created against your car at Skoda UK.

Explain that you are not sure the problem has gone away,as talking to your Citigo owner friends ,it woul appear that there may be an inherent fault arising, that only appears under certan circumstances.Yet to be replicated.

• Like 2