Offside rear (O/S/R) Caliper replacement

DannHall

Hey guys I'm fairly new to my fabia vRS as I've had it for around 3-4 weeks now, have been having a few problems such as the steerking wheel shaking when braking and a squeeling when reversing (which gets even worse when applying brakes gently.

I have had this checked out by a garage and the shaking on the steering wheel is being caused by the bushes on the bottom arm, I'm going to upgrade to the powerflex range as it has been suggested on here. I hear they may be quite difficult to fit so I'm purchasing them and going to take them to a garage as I don't want to make more of a job! Unless someone can recommend otherwise?

Finaly and the reason for this post I have looked everywhere for a guide on how to change the calipers however I can't find one? I have never done this before however I am assuming that it is straight forward? Saying this I would still like a guide, I am going to purchase a genuine caliper from ebay, one which looks like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-FABIA-VRS-MK1-O-S-R-RIGHT-REAR-MINT-GREEN-BRAKE-CALIPER-6Y0615424-/321193892445?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Cars+Year%3A2004%7CCar+Make%3ASkoda%7CModel%3AFabia&hash=item4ac8a5da5d

Are they hassle to fit? I am wanting to save some money somewhere in the process although if it is possible it will cause me trouble due to being a novice I will just have to fork out the money!

Cheers guys, all the best Dan!

Welcome to Briskie :)

It all depends on your level of spannering confidence I suppose. Brakes are not difficult and there should be a YouTube guide somewhere to show how this is done and you could also use a search function on the forums to see if MKI section has anything like that in it.