Yeti 140 hp Tdi remapping with Superchips map

Aje

Got my DTUK economy biased 'box' today with what looks like a multi pronged blanking plug.

No idea what it's for or why the prongs, unless they're just to help keep it on for some sort of protection.

It fits on the 'box' when the main loom is removed from it, but no idea why it's needed as, if you're removing it, the whole assembly would be together.

It was loose in the carton, not attached to anything.

Think the plug is so you can remove the box leaving the cables in place and the car will still run as normal :D

I guess that would be useful if you wanted to send the box alone back for some reason.......

It wouldn't fool service techs unless they were on 'autopilot' surely.

Or am I missing something ....again?

Well this 'economy' version certainly has more 'launch' off the line and generally more grunty all round in gentle driving.

Previously takeoff was progressively gentle but now I feel I have to concentrate more to avoid a jerky response.

So it's got power but not sure how economy is affected.

I'm just so happy I don't have the almost impossible task of trying to attach a second plug to the turbo sensor hidden somewhere down the front of the engine which would be anything but a 5 min job.

Mine is a 60sec job.

If my 'economy' version feels so much more grunty, at least down low, I'm not sure what the extra cable would get me on the 'power' version.

I'm just so happy I don't have the almost impossible task of trying to attach a second plug to the turbo sensor hidden somewhere down the front of the engine which would be anything but a 5 min job.

Mine is a 60sec job.

If my 'economy' version feels so much more grunty, at least down low, I'm not sure what the extra cable would get me on the 'power' version.

Seen the plug attached in about 5 mins for the turbo sensor..... it took longer to find the cordless screw driver :D

The box makes a big difference compared to the standard 110 diesel with much more go when overtaking etc

Seen the plug attached in about 5 mins for the turbo sensor..... it took longer to find the cordless screw driver :D

The box makes a big difference compared to the standard 110 diesel with much more go when overtaking etc

I couldn't even see where it was let alone get to it......that is if it is down the front of the engine, behind the pipes, as per the picture.

The only way I could see was to take off the tray underneath and get at it that way.

How was it done in 5 mins?

I couldn't even see where it was let alone get to it......that is if it is down the front of the engine, behind the pipes, as per the picture.

The only way I could see was to take off the tray underneath and get at it that way.

How was it done in 5 mins?

that's pretty much what's needed.....something like 5 torx screws from each side of under tray and then front of tray pulled back to give access.

Gets easier with practise :D

Too old for that caper unfortunately but would have a few decades ago.

I still don't know what the power/torque figures are for the 'e' version as I was sent the CRD-T brochure which surely can't be the same?!

• 2 months later...

I have now driven about 5000 kms with new program.

It works absolutely fantastic, more power evrywhere and useful rpms reach now much higher.

A custom work on dynobench might be even better but I`m OK with this.

My average consumption has dropped from previous 6,2 L/100km to 5,9L.

Maybe this is semantics, but I don't think a plug in Superchip is the same as a (proper, custom) remap; that being said, it's great that you're happy and you seem to have reduced your fuel consumption.

Rockhopper mentions insurance cover, it does however

seem to be the last thing on the minds of tuners.

Celtic tuning do a "box" that allows several maps to be held

in memory including the original.

Edited by gumdrop

Hi Guys!

What's your esteemed opinion on this RaceChip product:

http://www.racechip.com/responsecontrol/skoda/yeti/yeti./2-0-tdi-cr-103kw/index.php

Is it stupid and a waste of money or could it give a little taste of how chiptuning might improve your car's performance? I'm trying to decide if I should buy their RaceChip Ultimate or RaceChip Pro2.

I'd recommend DTUK over RaceChip, I have used and loved the new CRDt+ unit plus they are a forum sponsor so will offer a discount to Freedom members.

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/systems_available.php?id=2226

German vs. British engineering ;) Here in Finland we prefer the Germans but I'll check that out for sure. I think we have a local dealer for Shark perf. and I've already asked them if they can remap my Yeti, waiting for their answer. I just think that chiptuning is the way I want to go as it's easier to get rid off.

Is this the same as the RaceChip's Response Control:

DTE Systems Maximum Response PEDAL BOX

Edited by headman78

Is this the same as the RaceChip's Response Control:

DTE Systems Maximum Response PEDAL BOX

To answer meself, yes it is. Here is the info page for it:

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/box-details.php?id=15

German made :)

Edited by headman78

Yep the tuning boxes used by DTUK are the DTE Systems units, German engineering

Okay, thanks for the info. But still I'd like your opinion about those Response Control and Pedal Box products. Waste of money or do they have some value? 200 euros for one is a bit much, but I'd like to test one. I take it those who sell them have some kind of return policy if you do not like what you get out of them.

Okay, thanks for the info. But still I'd like your opinion about those Response Control and Pedal Box products. Waste of money or do they have some value? 200 euros for one is a bit much, but I'd like to test one. I take it those who sell them have some kind of return policy if you do not like what you get out of them.

Never used them myself but I've only heard good things from those who have:)