SWMBO’s FL Jungle green L&K (170CR)

Gizmo

I'm trying to work out why you would need the extra light from the HID's in the fog lights?

They look like they could produce an awful lot of glare, which is exactly what you don't want.

About footwell lights,where do you fit the front ones?I'm not able to find the housing on my pre FL Yeti

There is no holes for them in the Yeti,

I will post some photos at the weekend when I get back showing where I have mounted them, but basically they are on the centre console side trims almost right by the bulkhead.

I'm trying to work out why you would need the extra light from the HID's in the fog lights?

They look like they could produce an awful lot of glare, which is exactly what you don't want.

They are still 35w halogen bulbs just a lot whiter, it was difficult to get a decent photo from my phone as I couldn't get one that didn't look like they had glare..... even the DRL's dimmed down (side lights) produced glare in the photos but to the naked eye they do not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

About footwell lights,where do you fit the front ones?I'm not able to find the housing on my pre FL Yeti

There is no holes for them in the Yeti,

I will post some photos at the weekend when I get back showing where I have mounted them, but basically they are on the centre console side trims almost right by the bulkhead.

Totally forgot about these sorry! (still not had time to research the wiring up yet)

photo2_zps7b8e6305.jpg

photo1_zps158505fa.jpg

• Like 1

Be interesting to see yours and dads side by side.

I prefer the elegance wheels (matterhorns) but your seats I think are slightly better quality and a different colour.

• 1 month later...

Eddie the part No. is: 1K0 937 087 AK

Pin 50 on this BCM is now for the rear fog light,

Ross-Tech were not aware of the change when i asked them, the problem is I’m pretty sure there isn’t a Yeti that has left the factory with footwell lights fitted.

Grateful if you can shed any light on this as the whole kit is fitted and just awaiting connecting to the BCM

Just had a look and the yeti and superb both use 1K0 937 087 AL

The AK supports rear electric windows where the AL doesn't

Had a look at the Superb Wiring for 2014 and pin 50 on the B plug (middle) is for the footwell light

Double check it and maybe take a pic with the wires round pin 50 to try and identify what they do

I will have another look but I’m 99% sure it was pin 50 (checked several times) it all coded correctly but it put the rear foglight on instead of the footwell lights!

Can you get wiring diagrams for the BCM?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brisky No. plate surrounds (actually fitted the night before the national meet) and private plates fitted last week.

I have also upgraded the reversing light bulbs (after doing the Superb, as they made a HUGE difference)

Before:

IMG_0656 2

After:

IMG_0657 2

What they are like:

IMG_0660 2

For anyone interested these are the LED’s I bought now £36 for a pair of bulbs may seem stupid money.... BUT they are amazing and IMO worth the expense, and no warning lights on the dash.  :thumbup:

Its difficult to capture how good they are in a photo, but I will take another in the dark tonight which hopefully will give you an idea.

Edited by Gizmo
photos updated