Hi all. I've been browsing the forums for the past couple of months but finally created an account as I need some assistance. I (My dad) have a Skoda Octavia II with the Audience sound system. I wished to change the headunit to an aftermarket one. I did my research and went ahead and got everything I needed.

Pioneer X4600BT

RP4 VW11 (to retain steering controls and amp) and vehicle harness

Antennae adapter

Facia (which as it turns out seems to be the wrong one)

Wired as follows

Connected the 8 speaker wires from pioneer adapter to the vehicle harness. Straightforward as all the colors matched

Connected the yellow from pioneer to yellow on the vehicle harness for 12V

Connected the black from pioneer to black on the  vehicle harness for ground

Connected the red from pioneer to red on the RP4 VW11 for ignition switch

Connected the orange/white from pioneer to orange/white on the RP4 VW11 for lighting

Connected the violet/white from pioneer to green on the RP4 VW11 for reverse

Connected the orange/white from pioneer to orange/white on the RP4 VW11 for lighting

Connected the light green from pioneer to red/white on the RP4 VW11 for parking brake

Ignored the Vehicle Speed Output and Mute wire.

Here's where I get a lil confused.

I connected the blue/white from the RP4 VW11 (Remote Turn On) to the blue/white vehicle harness (Supposedly amp turn on)

And I connected the blue/white from the pioneer to the supposedly power the Antennae adapter.

So I'm thinking if I did it correctly the RP4 is supposed to now turn on the amp and all should be well? Pioneer headunit turns on fine and I get RDS information from the station station but I'm not getting any sound, I assume because the factory amp is not being turned on  :( Can anyone assist me?

on the pioneer loom have you swapped the yellow ign live and the red perm live? This needs to be done using the bullet connectors on the pioneer loom.

Looking at the item you have bought I dont see anything which works as a switched live for the amp. How is the remote turn on working for the amp?

Edited by ryan-re

on the pioneer loom have you swapped the yellow ign live and the red perm live? This needs to be done using the bullet connectors on the pioneer loom.

Looking at the item you have bought I dont see anything which works as a switched live for the amp. How is the remote turn on working for the amp?

Hi ryan, thanks for the response. This is my first install btw so please bare with me. I'm not sure what you mean by swapping the yellow live and red perm live. As far as I can tell, yellow is the "perm live" the from the pioneer harness/loom which i connected to the yellow on my vehicle harness. And the red "ignition switch" I connected to the red wire on the pac device "Accessory output". I'm attaching pictures if that can assist.

Also I think the switched live your're referring to is the red to red i connected. I could be wrong. Check the pics. Thanks for the assistant thus far.

Edited by GIGAkun

I cant see on those pics as they appear blurred but the pioneer looms I have used, including the one in my car atm has a yellow switched live and red perment live.

They need to be swapped round on the pioneer loom so when the pioneer loom plugs into the quadlock connector it lines up correctly. BUT you dont have a switched live due to the car using canbus so you need to find a switched live for the headunit which can be found in the fuse box via a fuse tap or using a loom for use with steering wheel controlls.

The different loom obviously is different to what you have as you want to keep the use of the oem amp

From what I can see the part you have bought doesnt do anything to sort the switched live issue. Maybe you can contact the company and ask them if it does fix that issue

Edited by ryan-re

• 5 months later...