Air con and windows problem

Two days ago my air con failed. Blower continued to work as normal but unit work only as if it was on econ. Relevant I'm unsure ,but also the temp indicator on unit failed to give a reading.

The next day , 150miles later it suddenly worked as normal.

Today failed again but when I attempted to whined windows down they also failed to whined down.

I tried window reset by locking driver door and hold a few seconds , then unlocking holding a few seconds.

Driver window wound down about 3 inches. Also I then noticed car failed to unlock with immobiliser .

Drove 15miles home then all became good again.

Should also add that for a while that when opening or closing windows on near side theirs a stutter.

I'm a cab driver so this needs sorting as it's obviously going to happen again.

Car is an 07 superb 1.9 diesel saloon

Cheers for any advice in advance.

Edited by Westkent

Have you checked for water in the car?  Windows, locks are all victims of water ingress.  Check the big sticky topic out.

Do all your interior lights work?

Your car likely has or has had water in it (I think)

The floorpan and carpet will hold litres before you can feel it on the top.  Many of these cars will have had wiring loom repairs of varying quality for water ingress as they all leak, just a matter of time.  Intermittent interior lights is one of the sure signs of damage due to water ingress.

You should read the water ingress thread because you could almost bet money on it being water ingress with that list of faults.

Either that or you happen to have a faulty convenience module or wiring without water ingress!

• Like 2

My money's with Jim on this one.  Even if dry now due to it being hot and Summery ('til Saturday).  Mostly likely CCM and wet and rotty, previously, if not now.

Gaz

Everything is still fine and now working as it should apart from interior lights.

Have ordered climatronic unit and drivers door switch for next to nothing off ebay only in case I might need in the future for problem solving the issue if or when problem returns.

Time will tell.

If you have not already done so you really need to get under the carpets and check for water. It maybe working now, but the last thing you want in the future is to strip out the interior to replace wiring looms or the many ECUs that have been or will be damaged by water ingress. The failed interior light could mean its already started to get beyond simply drying it out.

• Like 1