Retrimmed door cards.

Have you priced up for pleather then?

Might sell rolls cheap on eBay or somthing.

Had a quick look on eBay and seems fake leather can be had in quite large 10m rolls for about £50!

Don't know if it's any good or not though.

I'd think £200 is still decent if that's you supplying the door cards and delivery?

I've ordered some faux leather from the bay, enough to just do one card to see how that goes.

I was thinking of selling them on an exchange basis, either collection or delivery. But would probably have to add like a surcharge for deliveries, then refund it once I've received theirs?

Yeah so I think I'm going to bin this idea.

Up to here atm

20140719_153355_zpsdrcrj2lk.jpg

A lot more fiddly than I was hoping. I doubt I'll be able to finish them to a decent enough standard to sell on.

It's just little things like getting the materiel to stick properly on the curved bits. The rear doors where the pocket bit is has quite a deep recess to it, so the materiel keeps lifting there. I think proper leather would adhere better and be more mailable. May work with stronger glue. Then there's making the materiel neat on the edges where it curves round, and how to go about re attaching the lower part of the front cards etc.

I haven't fully given up yet. Different materiel and glue is probably the answer.

I reckon faux suede would be easier to work with, but then I don't know if there'd be much of a market for it.

I'll see. Have plenty of door cards to play with lol.

Yeah I think I need stretchier materiel Tbh. I used spray contact adhesive but it's just standard stuff from screwfix. I've put them in the loft now to make room for the next Recaros I'm (finally) picking up this weekend. Once they're out the way, I'll have another crack at it.