Fabia VRS SE #988, 63k miles, superb, lots spent!

Fish19700

I am ‘dipping a toe’ to test the waters on what interest there is for my Fabia VRS SE. This is no 988, I am the 3rd keeper, the owner prior to me was also a member of the Briskoda forum (see pic with his private plate on it) and I can supply his details to serious potential buyers.

The car has 63k on the clock, a full service history, a combination of Skoda main dealer (to 23k), Awesome Gti (to 42k) and then onward the previous owner (a qualified mechanic) followed by my local independent having just done a full service and MOT. Cambelt changed at 61k.

Extras are Whiteline ARB, AP Racing coilovers, Cupra front splitter and remap. Also a brand new genuine Garret turbo installed less than 1k miles ago, which I had fitted. This was due to a turbo failure on the KKK one, which can and does happen unfortunately, particularly to the KKK from what I read. It had no detrimental effect on the car. At the same time as having this fitted, I also had a new lower turbo hose fitted. This piece of work alone was £1k including the parts, ouch!

At the recent full service, 2 weeks ago, I had new rear shocks fitted and 2 brand new Kumho Ecsta Le Sport tyres fitted on the front, the rears (Avon ZZ3’s) having loads of tread left. This service, tyres and shocks came out at just under £700.

The MOT expires June 2015 and the car is taxed to April 2015. Needless to say, the car has been very much cherished, never abused and all history and receipts are present. HPI clear. It has a tiny amount of rear bumper laquer peel and to be very picky, the alloys could do with a refurb if you want to be fastidious. That’s about it, everything works as it should, the leather is immaculate, the 6 CD changer works, 2 remote fobs etc etc.

As you can imagine, the car owes me rather more than I am selling it for, and will mean any potential new owner is not going to have to worry about any major issues occurring. This leads me to state I am in no great hurry to sell what is an absolutely fabulous car, and which I have only owned for 6 months. So why am I thinking of selling? Simple. I also run a Boxster and VW T4 (and both testament to how well I look after my vehicles) and am now considering something faster of the M division variety to complement these. The decision is very much based on man-maths (and that I change cars quite often), and my loss will be very much your gain, from a financial and peace of mind standpoint.

As to price, I hope that as you read this you appreciate this one has wanted for nothing, has been very well looked after and has a fully documented history. To that end, I am looking for £6900. I feel this is a very fair price based on what you will be getting with this kind of mileage, history and provenance. 

post-113146-0-81952200-1404844460_thumb.jpg

post-113146-0-88416200-1404844470_thumb.jpg

post-113146-0-36718400-1404844488_thumb.jpg

post-113146-0-84587100-1404844497_thumb.jpg

post-113146-0-99017700-1404844539_thumb.jpg

post-113146-0-38297100-1405029531_thumb.jpg

Having had a look around this forum and other classifieds, I'd say my price is competitive. SE's undoubtedly sell for more, rightly or wrongly. I feel mine has had modifications that complement the car and allow it to show its true potential. This along with the no-expense-spared maintenance,  I feel the new owner will be buying a really good example of the SE at a fair price.

Hey all, if no offers forthcoming, it looks like the P/X route from a dealer. This is a fantastic SE and a shame to sell it to Trade. This one has wanted for nothing, previous owner still on this forum to vouch for it and has all the mods that are generally seen to transform it without going OTT....

What a dealer will offer and your asking price of £6,900 are probably some distance apart.

If you get an indication of trade in price it may be worth adjusting the price a little.

To me it's worth about £5,250. Which I'd pay.

But I wouldn't PM you that offer because with an asking price of nearly £7,000 it feels like I'm insulting you.

Even though I doubt you'll get more in part exchange.

(Unless they load the deal and overpay you in PX and then give no/minimal discount on what you are buying)

• Like 1

Not everyone will want a modded se though - very limited market if you are offering it to an enthusiast at top dollar.

Brakes and suspension are all it needs to bring it up to date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...